JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Windows 10 has a 'God Mode'...[emoji3480]

Access Windows 10 God Mode, toggle a Transparent Taskbar, Color Start Menu and more with Win10 All Settings.

Windows 10 has a lot of hidden shortcuts that you can use for various purposes. Accessing these options can be a bit complicated for the average user.

Win10 All Settings is a freeware tool that simplifies the task greatly.

The program is available as an EXE, but the 426KB file is in fact portable. Run it and left click on the system tray icon that appears. It opens a window with over 200 options in it, that is Windows 10 God Mode...

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/08/26/access-windows-10-god-mode-toggle-a-transparent-taskbar-color-start-menu-and-more-with-win10-all-settings/amp/

{Let's hope it's not a Trojan}

Old (Downunder) Tone

GodMode.jpg

Edited by Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz

I found this: {It's actually been around a while [2015] but I never used it...}

God Mode in Windows 10

If you are a long-time Windows user, you may remember a trick to enable 'God Mode'. It may sound epic depending on your expectations, but the easiest way to describe the feature is that it gives access to all of the operating system's control panels from within a single folder.

In fact, its real name is the Windows Master Control Panel shortcut. God Mode was an inside joke, but one that stuck.

As it turns out, you can enable God Mode in Windows 10 as well. Why would you need it? The feature is useful for those in IT, those who manage a computer, and obviously for those advanced enthusiasts. Most consumers have little need for the feature, and in fact, it could lend itself to doing some damage to the OS.

Think of God Mode as a backdoor to the OS to access all the settings. Of course, just enabling it does nothing, but just don't tinker around too much without an OS backup. So let's get to it:

Enable God Mode in Windows 10

Make sure your system account has administrative privileges

Right-click on the Windows 10 desktop and choose New > Folder

Name the folder: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and hit enter/return to make it stick. 

You can actually name the folder anything you want like NinjaCat mode. Simply replace 'GodMode' before the {....} characters to your liking.

That's it. Now when you open that folder, you can see around 40 different settings, including Devices and Printers, Credential Manager, Indexing, etc. Some variations exist depending if you have a Home or Pro version and different hardware.

Truth be told, it is not that exciting. However, if you are a serious user having all of these shortcuts in one spot is super convenient.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-god-mode-windows-10?amp

Old (Downunder) Tone

Edited by Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz

2 minutes ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

You can actually name the folder anything you want like NinjaCat mode. Simply replace 'GodMode' before the {....} characters to your liking.

You can choose a name of your liking ....but you MUST use the rest just as it is INCLUDING the "." after the name and before the "{"

To do so you use:

<your chosen name>.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I've looked at Windows 10 GodMode before, but I didn't care enough to use it. The name is a joke that comes from cheats in games that make you invincible. Some freeware is dangerous, so you want to be careful of course, but there are also useful ones out there. One I have tried is WinAero Tweaker, it's legit and also supports stuff like GodMode access. https://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.1836 https://winaero.com/blog/the-list-of-winaero-tweaker-features/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winaero
As always, if you download potentially sketchy stuff, do be careful not to click on advertisement fake download links that lead to another website.
https://www.howtogeek.com/168691/how-to-avoid-installing-junk-programs-when-downloading-free-software/

Edited by Myew

Br. Alex, I have used WinAero Tweaker for many years.  I especially use it to get rid of the "shortcut" arrows on the icons.  Those arrows obscure part of the icon and the populate all over my desktop.  So I turn them off (and the word "shortcut" if it appears on an icon name).

When you open this program to make changes, it stops you to make you establish a restore point in case something does not work to your satisfaction.  Maybe not as good as a backup but very handy in restoring the unit to its previous operating state.