JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Become Jehovah's Friend Trailer: Jehovah Forgives

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1338 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 9/8/2020 at 7:34 AM, jayrtom said:

Ok, you're talking about the definition of trailer :)

But since this is 1m the longer video could be just 5m or 12m like the longest BJF video... I was wishing there would be more information, because an hour video would be awesome :D

I hope its like an hour.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:49 AM, Sheep said:

Hollywood chose that term trailer. It dates back to the distribution of movies on reels of film. It is supposed to be a preview, or a foretaste, of a full-length film that is coming soon. ("Coming to a theater near you.") So it would be rather funny to call something that previews a film a trailer! However, it's called a trailer because it followed, or "trailed", a feature film in a theater to advertise a coming attraction.

and also many people would leave after the main movie and not stay a watch the Trailers, so they started playing them before movies

On 9/8/2020 at 4:54 PM, Thesauron said:

Most films the brothers produce are short films, under one hour, and, yes, they can have trailers too. Even if it is just a 10 minute film, it is painstakingly difficult to animate it.

Yes, many people don't realize but it much more difficult to do an animated video than a real life video

Have you noticed how caleb has "grown" since the first video, specially on the hair?

image.thumb.png.8ae0de6a0dc3d80f367e0f3757abc7b0.png

Yes, many people don't realize but it much more difficult to do an animated video than a real life video

Have you noticed how caleb has "grown" since the first video, specially on the hair?

Each tiny item has to be designed and moulded in 3D. But it’s worth it, because it reaches the hearts of our young ones, and also our older ones. I spoke to an adult brother with learning disability. He finds reading and understanding our literature difficult, but the animated videos are perfect for him. If you don’t watch the Caleb and Sofia videos, start right now. They can only make your life a little brighter. And listen to our kids singing, I mean, it is such a wonderful gift from Jehovah to all of us.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I have. It's very easily noticable especially if you watch back and force.

And not just visual details, stuff like the animation (people and objects moving) and physics simulation has advanced quite a lot.

I mean it's still not Pixar level, but I will take it.

27 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Each tiny item has to be designed and moulded in 3D. But it’s worth it, because it reaches the hearts of our young ones, and also our older ones. I spoke to an adult brother with learning disability. He finds reading and understanding our literature difficult, but the animated videos are perfect for him. If you don’t watch the Caleb and Sofia videos, start right now. They can only make your life a little brighter. And listen to our kids singing, I mean, it is such a wonderful gift from Jehovah to all of us.

I do! Thei're on the top of my favourit videos :D

10 minutes ago, Hinata said:

I tell you that what got me to do that image comparison was this latest trailer where we can notice a huge improvement on hair, expressions, even caleb's lips, strands of hair on his eyebrows and freckles, something that didn't exist before >>> I tell you, we're reducing the distance (not that it would matter) noticeably! :)

Edited by jayrtom

I have. It's very easily noticable especially if you watch back and force.

And not just visual details, stuff like the animation (people and objects moving) and physics simulation has advanced quite a lot.

It’s a matter of design. I’m sure you have found yourself watching one of our other videos, such as the Nehemiah film, not really understanding that you are really watching an animation, even if it just part of a scene.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

I tell you, we're reducing the distance (not that it would matter) noticeably!

That's very much true. Who knows how much more better these videos will look like in the days and years to come?

We remember the video a few years ago that was shown in the Regional Convention about the King Hezekiah and an animated scene of an angel killing the soldiers in the end. No one thought it would be possible, but the end result was spectacular and easily stacks up with other secular movies.

I don't know how long the end result of this video is going to be, but the longer it is surely the more impressive it will be for certain.

On 9/7/2020 at 5:34 PM, jayrtom said:

Ok, you're talking about the definition of trailer :)

But since this is 1m the longer video could be just 5m or 12m like the longest BJF video... I was wishing there would be more information, because an hour video would be awesome :D

While I agree that would be super awesome 😎, I’m not getting my hopes up because they had a trailer before for Make Jehovah Happy , it just was shown at the annual meeting instead for all to see. So it may just be a longer production like Jehovah Will Help you Be Bold or Make Jehovah Happy. But here’s hoping it is a movie :) , I’m sure if this system lasts we will get a full blown animated movie, if not now, later. 

On 9/11/2020 at 1:53 AM, jwhess said:

Do we remember the animated videos of Noah and David?  They were 480p maximum and stiff drawn figures.  How wonderful they were.

They still are on jw.org if anyone wants to download them.

David—He Trusted in God

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&prefer=content&applanguage=E&locale=en&item=pub-ivdd_x_VIDEO&docid=1011214

Noah—He Walked With God

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&prefer=content&applanguage=E&locale=en&item=pub-ivno_x_VIDEO&docid=1011214

1 hour ago, Willant0103 said:

While I agree that would be super awesome 😎, I’m not getting my hopes up because they had a trailer before for Make Jehovah Happy , it just was shown at the annual meeting instead for all to see. So it may just be a longer production like Jehovah Will Help you Be Bold or Make Jehovah Happy. But here’s hoping it is a movie :) 

That's what makes me think it will be seen by "THE PUBLIC" during the AM and be posted to JW.ORG the following week.

Edited by Luigi62

On 9/10/2020 at 5:35 AM, jayrtom said:

Are the bottom two photos really Caleb though?  The boy in those photos looks like he has freckles where as I don't think Caleb has ever sported freckles before.  But yes I do think they've done an amazing job at their advancement in graphics. 

5 hours ago, CouveBro said:

Are the bottom two photos really Caleb though?  The boy in those photos looks like he has freckles where as I don't think Caleb has ever sported freckles before.  But yes I do think they've done an amazing job at their advancement in graphics. 

Yes it is. I extracted it from the new trailer which is discussed in this thread :)