JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Become Jehovah's Friend Trailer: Jehovah Forgives

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1338 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

10 minutes ago, Sepie93 said:

https://d34ji3l0qn3w2t.cloudfront.net/4680307a-d905-45aa-8fdc-c3f77531dc90/1/pk_E_039_r720P.mp4

Just saw this via the Arabic jw.org!!

It's BEAUTIFULemoji3590.png

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

Could it be a full movie? :)

only a full movie needs a trailer. It looks spectacular! Like a pixar or disney movie!

But don't you have a jw link? where exactly on arabic jw did you see it?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Could it be a full movie?
only a full movie needs a trailer. It looks spectacular! Like a pixar or disney movie!

This is the link I got from jw.org actually. I double checked it, because it didn't seem familiar in any way

Ah maybe I know what I did wrong/different.
I saw the video so I clicked on it. Then on the download bar directly under the video, I just copied the 720p download link.
Maybe this is the reason?

3 minutes ago, jwhess said:

The JW.ORG web site says it is a "trailer" or introductory view of a longer video...

Ok, you're talking about the definition of trailer :)

But since this is 1m the longer video could be just 5m or 12m like the longest BJF video... I was wishing there would be more information, because an hour video would be awesome :D

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

The JW.ORG web site says it is a "trailer" or introductory view of a longer video...

Hollywood chose that term trailer. It dates back to the distribution of movies on reels of film. It is supposed to be a preview, or a foretaste, of a full-length film that is coming soon. ("Coming to a theater near you.") So it would be rather funny to call something that previews a film a trailer! However, it's called a trailer because it followed, or "trailed", a feature film in a theater to advertise a coming attraction.

2 hours ago, jayrtom said:

2 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

Ah maybe I know what I did wrong/different.
I saw the video so I clicked on it. Then on the download bar directly under the video, I just copied the 720p download link.
Maybe this is the reason? emoji848.png

Not necessarily. I noticed that when I downloaded one of the convention sessions in French. The URL gave the address as "cloudfront.net". So I did some research.

I think we all know by now that we sometimes see the name "akamaihd.net" in a download URL on jw.org. Akamai is called a CDN (content delivery network), and is used by the organization to distribute our videos and other files worldwide. And according to my research, Cloudfront is also a CDN, offered by Amazon Web Services, which seems to also be used by the organization for the same purpose. Don't worry. Those files really are from the organization.

https://www.cdnplanet.com/compare/akamai/cloudfront/

https://brytdesigns.com/akamai-vs-amazon-cloudfront/

8 hours ago, Sheep said:

Not necessarily. I noticed that when I downloaded one of the convention sessions in French. The URL gave the address as "cloudfront.net". So I did some research.

I think we all know by now that we sometimes see the name "akamaihd.net" in a download URL on jw.org. Akamai is called a CDN (content delivery network), and is used by the organization to distribute our videos and other files worldwide. And according to my research, Cloudfront is also a CDN, offered by Amazon Web Services, which seems to also be used by the organization for the same purpose. Don't worry. Those files really are from the organization.

https://www.cdnplanet.com/compare/akamai/cloudfront/

https://brytdesigns.com/akamai-vs-amazon-cloudfront/

Interesting bits of information. Thank you very much for your research :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Could it be a full movie? :)

The last time they had a 1-min Become Jehovah’s Friend trailer was at the 2018 Annual Meeting. The actual “movie” ended up being 8-min long. So I would be surprised if this will be any different. My guess, around 10-min. Probably might be released at this year’s Annual Meeting.

1 hour ago, JohnFromOz said:

The last time they had a 1-min Become Jehovah’s Friend trailer was at the 2018 Annual Meeting. The actual “movie” ended up being 8-min long. So I would be surprised if this will be any different. My guess, around 10-min. Probably might be released at this year’s Annual Meeting.

I don't remember that trailer.. It isn't published is it?

Most films the brothers produce are short films, under one hour, and, yes, they can have trailers too. Even if it is just a 10 minute film, it is painstakingly difficult to animate it.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 9/8/2020 at 12:19 PM, jwhess said:

Our first Caleb & Sophia video was released on CD-ROM at the convention.  It was wonderful and it was a little over 6 minutes long...❤️

I love this video.  Re-watch it--a lot!  LOL :D 

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/children/become-jehovahs-friend/videos/obey-your-parents/

(picture removed)

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

(picture removed)

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

My family was at Detroit, Michigan in 2014 for the International Convention and Br. Morris was one of the main speakers. He gave an experience that one of the mothers shared with him.  She said her little boy was excited and looking up and down the aisles.  She wanted to know what he was looking for.  He said he wanted to meet Caleb since he was here.  She asked him what made him think Caleb was at the assembly.  He said that he had to be there and pointing at Br. Morris, he said. "His Grandpa is here".