newer) can install the app.
Several issues are fixed, including some
causing the app to crash.
NOTE: Version 12.5 is the last version that
supports iOS 9, 10 and 11. If your device runs
one of these older operating systems, you will
need to update it to receive future versions of
JW Library.

I installed the new version 12.5 of JW Library on my M1 MacBook Pro and it works great. Just like with the iPad or on a Windows computer. I am so very happy to see this. My favorite study device now has JW Library, finally! Thanks to Jehovah, the committee that directed it, and the brothers and sisters in the branch programming department who worked hard on this new version for our Macs.

Anyone managed to get "Show video on second display" setting work on M1 MacBook?

My JWL app won't let me activate that setting, slider is there but it's grey. 

Doesn't matter if I have second display (or iPad) connected or not.

Haven't find any other problems and I'm so happy that this official App Store version finally came to M1.

7 hours ago, JaniR said:

Anyone managed to get "Show video on second display" setting work on M1 MacBook?

Haven't find any other problems and I'm so happy that this official App Store version finally came to M1.

Same problem. Are you using BigSur or Monterey? I have Monterey beta and was wondering if that could cause it.

Do, or do not. There's no try.

Dear brothers this is great news, only being a host I can't use it like the Windows version with dual screens. Unfortunately, there is no function to have the screen with the writing of the year as in the congregation, which is a pity.  sorry for my english

On 15/10/2021 at 07:18, JaniR said:

Qualcuno è riuscito a far funzionare l'impostazione "Mostra video sul secondo display" su M1 MacBook?

La mia app JWL non mi consente di attivare quell'impostazione, lo slider è presente ma è grigio. 

Non importa se ho un secondo display (o iPad) collegato o meno.

Non ho riscontrato altri problemi e sono così felice che questa versione ufficiale dell'App Store sia finalmente arrivata su M1.

I have the same problem as you. we hope they unlock like on windows

13 minutes ago, Ghitan said:

I have the same problem as you. we hope they unlock like on windows

I can do that though. Just make sure JW Library is not full screen on your Mac. Then go to Window at the top, then Move to  iPad. Works perfectly. Am I missing something here?

On 10/15/2021 at 7:18 AM, JaniR said:

You can do that when JW Library is not full screen. Try that and the setting will be plain and not greyed out. Let me know if you need more details. 

i tried to do as you suggested but just move the app to ipad or the other screen. instead I want to have the jw library app on the mac and the screen with the writing of the year or the video that I am playing on the ipad or on the secondary screen1442781992_Schermata2021-10-16alle17_08_30.thumb.png.1e07107d84efab970ff64f689e7beecb.png

1 hour ago, Baptenda said:

I can do that though. Just make sure JW Library is not full screen on your Mac. Then go to Window at the top, then Move to  iPad. Works perfectly. Am I missing something here?

Option to move to iPad is there, but that's not the question. There's this option like in Windows to show video on second screen. That option is disabled. If it's enabled on your M1, please share a tip how you did it :)

image.thumb.png.4dec34a01cdf49bac35243ae7ed1f6e1.png

32 minutes ago, JKalliola said:

Option to move to iPad is there, but that's not the question. There's this option like in Windows to show video on second screen. That option is disabled. If it's enabled on your M1, please share a tip how you did it :)

image.thumb.png.4dec34a01cdf49bac35243ae7ed1f6e1.png

Ah I see now. Sorry for the confusion. Windows doesn't have an option to move to another tablet, so I thought the Move to iPad is the alternative way to display to Second Screen. I might think the developers of JW Library are trying to figure it out since it is kind of conflicting the native way of displaying things on a second display. 

13 hours ago, Baptenda said:

Ah I see now. Sorry for the confusion. Windows doesn't have an option to move to another tablet, so I thought the Move to iPad is the alternative way to display to Second Screen. I might think the developers of JW Library are trying to figure it out since it is kind of conflicting the native way of displaying things on a second display. 

No problem! Windows version of JW Library actually has a pretty nice feature when using this "Show video on second screen" option if you DON'T have a second screen. It opens another media window in the same screen which is easy to share ie. in Zoom. That would be nice to have in Mac too.

hello brothers, I also am on a Mac mini M1, I downloaded the jwlibrary app but it keeps saying It cannot open because of how my Mac is configured in light security.

i tryd booting in recovery mode, to change the security but there I can't get my mouse to function :(

any tips or advice?

Greets,

I.Bosman

1 hour ago, IliasBosman said:

hello brothers, I also am on a Mac mini M1, I downloaded the jwlibrary app but it keeps saying It cannot open because of how my Mac is configured in light security.

i tryd booting in recovery mode, to change the security but there I can't get my mouse to function :(

any tips or advice?

Greets,

I.Bosman

Hi, I am not sure what light security means. I wish you could share the screenshot of the error message when you tried to install the app. Regarding your issue, you can try the advice on this forum. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252122117

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...