JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Printer recommendations

My home printer appears to have failed. I currently have a Canon Pixma 870 all-in-one multipurpose ink jet printer/scanner/copier/fax. I keep getting a B200 error, which is apparently a generic error code, but typically indicates a problem with the printer head. I've done all the things recommend on Google and I keep getting the error.

It may be time to get a new printer.

I would like to get a printer/copier/scanner/fax and I would like some recommendations..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It's definitely time for a new printer. A new print head would exceed the cost of the printer. That is also the reason why our previous printer was replaced, a failed print head.

The printer that was purchased to replace the old one is a Epson - WorkForce Pro WF-4730 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer. It's a nice printer and it does the job. The problem with getting this printer is it is now discontinued according to the Epson website for some unknown reason. The newer version, WF-4830, is at Office Depot (and other stores) for the same price.

33 minutes ago, TylerD said:

The newer version, WF-4830, is at Office Depot (and other stores) for the same price.

That is a very tall printer. Does it use a lot of ink? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Do you want another inkjet or a laser? Lasers are a little better on ink. But of course they aren't color if that is important.  I've used them for years now and wouldn't go back since most of my printing is text. 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

17 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

I have a Brother laser jet and would never go back to an ink jet ( had 2 ) I have a separate scanner but never use it. The high yield toner cartridges last a long long time!

I love my Brother LaserJet too.

My Brother printer is a combo copier printer and scanner.  I paid sixty bucks for it at Walmart.  :D

It was on sale.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

We have used a Brother color laser printer in our KH for the last four years. We use it to print territories. Also at the KH is a B&W

laser printer, scanner copier that is available for every ones use The cartridges last a long time and can be purchased at big discounts on ebay. I have a black and Brother HL -2280 laser printer at home that is on it's second cartridge in 6 years. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I would like to get a printer/copier/scanner/fax

Do you really need the FAX option?

There are quite an array of copier/printer/scanner printers - adding the FAX lowers the selection by quite a bit and increases the cost significantly.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

11 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Do you really need the FAX option?

There are quite an array of copier/printer/scanner printers - adding the FAX lowers the selection by quite a bit and increases the cost significantly.

Recently my wife had to fax some information to a doctor. I'm surprised how many people still ask for a fax. I would have scanned it and emailed the PDF but they requested a fax..

I have had two Kodak printers. Their ink is cheaper than many other brands. There are also several printers that scan and copy with a price cheap enough that replacing the printer costs less than buying new ink.

Laser printers last longer and print for "less per copy" than ink jet printers. They usually have larger paper capacity and faster print speeds than ink jet printers.

Epson has a line external ink tank system printers that makes adding ink much easier and cheaper.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~