JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Discussion on vaccines in general, not just Corona vaccines....how they can impact our health for better or worse

For those with biology education or access to other scientific research, I appreciate your input on questions some of us have about what considerations we can take into account when trying to protect our health. The purpose is not to promote any strategy, but only to investigate.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I can only state from experience. I have had vaccines for:

• Smallpox
  • MMR
  • Flu
  • Tetanus
  • Polio

My children had all the required ones for public school in the 1980's and 1990's My wife had what was required in the 1960's and 1970's - none of them got the smallpox vaccine

We have had NO ill effects from any of the vaccines. No lingering health problems, no diminished cognitive issues, no debilitation of any kind. None of had allergic reactions to any of the vaccines.

I have had the tetanus booster more than once. It was required to do some of the disaster relief work when we headed into flooded areas.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Hey sis

Im here 🤗🤗🤗

Thank you..I thought our previous discussion on the Corona Virus Worldwide thread might have gotten a bit off topic, so that is why I started this thread. Brother Quapla referenced all of the vaccines he and his family had with no issues, but there are those of us who have had serious health issues and some of us are older as well as have chemical sensitivities. I am wondering if there are any Corona vaccines that you know of without lipid aduvents..perhaps just in developement? Or, is there a way to prevent our immune system from awakening a virus living in our nerves? What about taking anti-inflamatory supplements before, after getting a vaccine?

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

I can only state from experience. I have had vaccines for:

• Smallpox
  • MMR
  • Flu
  • Tetanus
  • Polio

Studies made show that every person who has antibodies against these virus, are more able to fight the coronavirus :)

Also who got TB jab (BCG). It stimulates innate imune response. You can get sick, but most surely wont die.

This SARS-CoV-2 can mess a lot with the person imune system.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

15 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Thank you..I thought our previous discussion on the Corona Virus Worldwide thread might have gotten a bit off topic, so that is why I started this thread. Brother Quapla referenced all of the vaccines he and his family had with no issues, but there are those of us who have had serious health issues and some of us are older as well as have chemical sensitivities. I am wondering if there are any Corona vaccines that you know of without lipid aduvents..perhaps just in developement? Or, is there a way to prevent our immune system from awakening a virus living in our nerves? What about taking anti-inflamatory supplements before, after getting a vaccine?

I dot have enough data to suggest whatever ....

Maybe you can wait until an intra-nasal vacine is developed 😕 ? because those will surely be more effective and with less secondary effects.

Never forget that COVID 19 is a disease caused by the imune system of the person, not the virus it self.

Even with vaccine, a person may get a severe reation. and the lab wont assume any responsibility for that.

Taking vaccines is a personal decision, perhaps discussed with personal doctor... 😉

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

38 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Brother Quapla referenced

Just a side point ... there is no "u" in Qapla

Back on Topic ...

since this is a discussion "vaccines in general, not just Corona vaccines" I should also mention that, I fit this category: 

41 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

had serious health issues and some of us are older as well as have chemical sensitivities

I am knocking on the door of 70, have high blood pressure, have been treated for cancer and I have allergies to some things (including NutraSweet, Novocain, Benzocaine  and Enalapril) - however, I have never had any reaction to the flu shot (vaccine) that I receive each year. Even the tetanus shot did not leave me with a sore arm.

I have not yet had any of the Corona vaccines - neither have any in our family. I do know several people I work around that have had the vaccine and none of them have had any adverse reaction. The guy I work for is a few years older than me - he and his wife have more health issues than I have - they have both had the C-19 vaccine (both doses) and have not had any adverse effects.

They are very careful to wear a mask and social distance. ... BTW, No, they are not JW's.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

43 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Thanks John..sorry about the name! :D

The reason I mentioned CS is because the Covid vaccines contain chemicals. One is PEG, an ingredient found in body lotions and fragrances. I have a knee-jerk reaction to fragrances whether perfume or air fresheners so most likely my immune system will react to PEG. My husband and I have an enterovirus that causes symptoms under severe stress..weakness in legs, vertigo. I also had shingles. You said you had cancer..I hope you are recovered..but I don't know how that would be impacted by the Corona vaccine. Where we were discussing this in the Corona Virus Worldwide thtrad, Sofia said the Corona Virus or possibly even the vaccine could cause our immune system to awaken a virus we have..So I asked her if other vaccines might also do this..thus the topic here.:lol:

Edited by SUNRAY

spelling

cat2_e0.gif

I think these are discussions that require a great deal of caution. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who has had a lot of strong opinions on Christians using vaccines. Even though we live by principles, vaccination, like any other form of healthcare, is a conscience matter. My personal conscience dictates that whenever, and however possible, I should get vaccination, and if I have children in this system,I will vaccinate my children. I believe this is following Bible principles on sanctity of life and wanting to seek the best healthcare possible. Some people, however, may not have that view when it comes to vaccines and vaccinating their children; I find the most difficult thing, is often to understand the decisions of people who think differently from me, and to respect their right to make their own choice based on how they see the data on vaccinations, compared to their view on Bible principles. We all have the responsibility to do research and make a sound choice, but that doesn't mean we all have the responsibility to come to the same conclusion.

When it comes to the Covid-19 vaccine, I personally do not think it received sufficient testing before being released, and am thus wary of it, for now. However, I would not discourage anyone from getting it, and it's understandable why many would want to take it. I know a lot of people who have taken it, and many have ended up fine, but it's not without it's side effects, as others have experienced side effects as a result of it. Some have gotten a little ill after getting the vaccine. I was surprised that a vaccine came so quickly, as Coronaviruses generally have the prediliction to mutate quite often thus making a lasting vaccine challenging. I doubt this vaccine will be the last one, and predict and impetus for yearly shots as is done for the flu and, for many, pneumonia. Coronaviruses were discovered in the 1920's and the 2020 vaccine, nearly 100 years after this virus was discovered, there was finally a vaccine, so that shows a lot of the difficulty that has come with making a Coronavirus vaccine in general. I don't think the vaccines should have to keep up with every strain, necessarily. Viruses are constantly mutating, it's really more of a question of if a virus mutates to the point of being unrecognizable to your immune system. 

As far as the scientific aspect of vaccines, it's pretty simple and straightforward. Your immune system possesses cells that are capable of remembering a virus, and a vaccine takes advantage of that mechanism in your body by inserting a weaker form of the virus or a similar virus that is less deadly. The actual word vaccine comes from the latin word meaning 'cow', because one of the first vaccines in the west inoculated people with cowpox to prevent smallpox. 

I am not a medical scientist, nor an expert on viruses or vaccines. This is what I know of vaccines and viruses in general, but I'm sure there's a great deal more to learn.

Edited by Katty