JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Extreme weather event in NSW

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1151 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Take care brothers and sisters in NSW, especially near rivers from North coast to the south coast. 

Riverbanks have burst, dams are spilling over, roads are cut and residents are on alert for evacuation as NSW faces its worst rain event in about three decades.

Vision of entire homes adrift in floodwater, cars inundated and people forced to evacuate their homes in tinnies were circulating on social media on Saturday, when major flooding hit parts of the state.

"It's a very dynamic and evolving flood situation and we could see some very deep and rapidly responding rivers with very high levels," BOM national flood services manager Justin Robinson told reporters.

"We've got multiple flood warnings impacting coastal rivers all the way from the top of the mid-north coast ... all the way down into the Sydney region."

Claudia Jambor (@claudiajambor) Tweeted:
Incredible, but devastating footage of a house floating down the Manning River at Taree.🎥Tanya Cross #NSWfloods https://t.co/KTggPpvlWO

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/nsw-premier-warns-of-deep-seated-extreme-weather-event-as-hundreds-are-rescued-from-floodwaters

Edited by hatcheckgirl

I am from the middle of USA.  

I was thinking NSW must stand for New South Wales, but wasn't

sure.  

Finally, after following a few dozen NSW links, one led me to this

New South Wales

Warragamba Dam begins to overflow down spillway

Courtesy: Water NSW

Water begins to overflow down Warragamba Dam's spillway.

Posted 9hhours ago

Was glad to see I had guessed right.

Was sad to see the terrible news report coming out of NSW.   :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

"A house floats down the Manning River west of Taree."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-20/nsw-severe-weather-warnings-see-evacuations-rescues/13264384

Old (Downunder) Tone

HouseFloat.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

DD2A5600-6758-4758-A845-286460BFE3D5.thumb.jpeg.6cb35f22b7a36bb4cf9da4c66ad35c07.jpeg

Awesome! 😆😜

Interesting point in article posted above:

“There’s no more spiders than would be there usually,” she said. “You’re just seeing more of them. Most of the spiders that you’re seeing … are ground-dwelling spiders.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”