JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"TV reporter mistakenly announces the death of William Shakespeare "

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1080 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/news/tv-reporter-mistakenly-announces-the-death-of-william-shakespeare/ar-AAKvCu9

An Argentinian TV news channel made an awkward blunder after announcing the 'important writer' William Shakespeare had just died in an evening news report.

Viewers were left completely baffled on Thursday evening when Noelia Novillo, a newsreader on Canal 26, reported that William Shakespeare, 'one of the most important writers in the English language', died this month.

The ultimate comedy of errors came after an 81-year-old man from Coventry called William 'Bill' Shakespeare died five months after getting the Covid-19 vaccine and was mistaken for the 16th century playwright.

According to The Guardian, Novillo announced on air: 'As we all know, he's one of the most important writers in the English language – for me the master. Here he is. 

'He was the first man to get the coronavirus vaccine. He's died in England at the age of 81.' 

I realise it's not the UK, but surely, is this the state of education these days? I mean to mention he was a famous writer means they would of had to look him up to "write" that as part of the script and would have realised the famous writer died in the 1600s?

😄

Goes to show the qualilty of accurate reporting these days, lol.

Edited by EccentricM

I watched that news report and could stop laughing. The girl actually had no idea of who William Shakespeare was. I was rolling on the floor when she said "one of the most important writers in the English language, the best in my opinion". As if she had read a lot of English literature and had a clear criterion. :lol: