JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Miami Condo Collapse

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1034 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Amazing how the old master builders made the Tower of Piza, still standing but also is tilted to one side.    

I went up to the top of the Tower of Pisa in 1987.   There was remediation work carried out from 1993 - 2001 which reduced the tilt a bit.  It's ironic that a bungled job should become a world famous tourist attraction, reaping millions of lira.

https://apple.news/A7E9OuSqfT_Cgf2CTdidaSA

I was hoping this wasn’t going to happen

North Miami Beach orders 10-story condo evacuated after report declares it unsafe
July 02, 2021

The city of North Miami Beach has ordered that Crestview Towers Condominium be immediately closed and evacuated Friday, July 2, 2021, in the evening after a building inspection report found it to have unsafe structural and electrical conditions, city officials announced. Daniel A. Varela - dvarela@miamiherald.com

The city of North Miami Beach ordered the 10-story Crestview Towers Condominium to be immediately closed and evacuated Friday evening after a building inspection report found it not safe for occupancy due to structural and electrical issues, city officials said Friday night.
The Jan. 11, 2021, inspection report, which the condo association turned in to the city Friday afternoon after the city had threatened to shut down the building on Thursday, said the 156-unit building is :
“Structurally no safe for the specified use for continued occupancy.”
“Electrically no safe for the specified use for continued occupancy.”
The condo tower is the first to be closed due to unsafe structural issues after the partial collapse of Champlain Towers South in Surfside on June 24. As rescue efforts continue, 22 have been found dead and more than 120 are unaccounted for.
The city said the building’s residents are being evacuated in an “abundance of caution.”
By 7 p.m., police were already redirecting traffic around the aging structure, at 2025 NE 164th St., and an incident command truck was parked a block away.

12 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

https://apple.news/A7E9OuSqfT_Cgf2CTdidaSA

I was hoping this wasn’t going to happen

North Miami Beach orders 10-story condo evacuated after report declares it unsafe
July 02, 2021

The city of North Miami Beach has ordered that Crestview Towers Condominium be immediately closed and evacuated Friday, July 2, 2021, in the evening after a building inspection report found it to have unsafe structural and electrical conditions, city officials announced. Daniel A. Varela - dvarela@miamiherald.com

The city of North Miami Beach ordered the 10-story Crestview Towers Condominium to be immediately closed and evacuated Friday evening after a building inspection report found it not safe for occupancy due to structural and electrical issues, city officials said Friday night.
The Jan. 11, 2021, inspection report, which the condo association turned in to the city Friday afternoon after the city had threatened to shut down the building on Thursday, said the 156-unit building is :
emoji830.png “Structurally no safe for the specified use for continued occupancy.”
emoji830.png “Electrically no safe for the specified use for continued occupancy.”
The condo tower is the first to be closed due to unsafe structural issues after the partial collapse of Champlain Towers South in Surfside on June 24. As rescue efforts continue, 22 have been found dead and more than 120 are unaccounted for.
The city said the building’s residents are being evacuated in an “abundance of caution.”
By 7 p.m., police were already redirecting traffic around the aging structure, at 2025 NE 164th St., and an incident command truck was parked a block away.

Do you or someone you know live in this tower?  I’ve been wondering if any of the friends have been affected. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Do you or someone you know live in this tower?  I’ve been wondering if any of the friends have been affected. 

No but visited the area 15 years ago. From my Buddy:

“Oh snap. The resort was located on 8801 Collins Ave. This buildings address is 8777 Collins Ave

https://www.newser.com/story/308220/condo-collapse-puts-spotlight-on-sfs-leaning-tower.html

Condo Collapse Puts Spotlight on SF's Leaning Tower

The deadly collapse of the condo building in Surfside, Fla., has some fearing a similar disaster in San Francisco, where the tilting 58-story Millennium Tower is still without a fix. The city's tallest residential building has sunk 18 inches and leaned several inches, prompting cracks in the foundation and in windows, since opening in 2009, reports CNN. The issue lies at the base of the tower, built on soft soil.

Ronald Hamburger, tells the outlet. He maintains the tower is safe and notes a $100 million fix requiring the anchoring of the building to bedrock to "prevent further settlement and recover some of the building's tilt" is set to be completed next year.

some paid $4 million for a condo there ( as reported on CNN this morning )

building on sand also!

Well, I believe we all knew it wasn't going to bode well for those caught in the collapse, it's looking very grim. And now hurricane Elsa is coming!

https://apnews.com/article/surfside-florida-building-collapse-live-updates-7223b2f13a2a033dc5545aa43cb83a65

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

13 hours ago, Beyond the Sky said:

It is very sad for the humans who died. Maybe a chance they will be resurrected since there life was cut short in this system. 

All those poor pets though! This was there one life and to go out the way they did. 😟

Why a chance? Why would resurrection be withheld in their case?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 hours ago, Beyond the Sky said:

Well we wouldn't tell there relatives they will 100% be resurrected would we? Jehovah makes those decisions. 

I would have them read John 5:28, 29. They can have the same hope as mankind in general.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I received another letter from ICC and wanted to share. It said,

We extend our condolences to all those affected by the recent Surfside, Florida, building collapse. And, we want to extend our deep appreciation to the first responders who were there in the immediate aftermath of the collapse and spent days searching for survivors. Our hearts and our gratitude are with you.

Building safety is a tough job. No matter your role – code official, architect, engineer, builder, tradesperson, or manufacturer – your job contributes to safe spaces for us to live and work. The work can be challenging and is often overlooked by the public. We want to take the time to say thank you all for the hard work you do.

When devastating incidents occur, our daily work is placed under a microscope. With the recent tragic collapse, the work you do may be under increased scrutiny. Your role as a building safety leader is more crucial than ever at this time as you guide the public, demonstrate integrity, and maintain professional competence. In your role, you ensure that tragedies like the Surfside condominium collapse are an extremely rare event.

The job of a building safety professional is hard, and often unnoticed and unappreciated, but it has a powerful impact on the world. Never forget that you are part of a community that is committed to creating safe, affordable, and sustainable buildings and communities. As always, we are here to support you; your fellow building safety professionals are here to support you as well. Even in the toughest of circumstances, we can work together to take lessons learned from tragic incidents like this and prepare for a more resilient future.

We need the kingdom, but it the meantime - I hope these professionals do their jobs with diligence!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....