JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I know I've asked before, but how do I download and print out a tract?

I can't find it with a search for tract pdf or similar...  I know I've asked here before. But I'm having issues! I know it's something really simple. But when I'm going to jw.org all I can do is find the online version of tracts.  I want a PDF or something I can print out to send in my letters. I ran out again.

Thx

Edited by rolypoly

Okay, since you already know how to get to the online version of tracts, go to one that you're interested in printing. I'll use What is the Kingdom of God to show the example. It's at this link. Now, click on the left icon at the right under Download Options (circled in red)

161229887_KingdomofGod.thumb.PNG.4ba1199e67a13b2e990d2e8b8407874e.PNG

You will see a popup box like the one below, where you can choose which format you want including pdf...

Download.PNG.eb2b7623a42218dcea83c37c02fe1ab7.PNG

Now do you have it?

3 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Okay, since you already know how to get to the online version of tracts, go to one that you're interested in printing. I'll use What is the Kingdom of God to show the example. It's at this link. Now, click on the left icon at the right under Download Options (circled in red)

161229887_KingdomofGod.thumb.PNG.4ba1199e67a13b2e990d2e8b8407874e.PNG

You will see a popup box like the one below, where you can choose which format you want including pdf...

Download.PNG.eb2b7623a42218dcea83c37c02fe1ab7.PNG

Now do you have it?

Yeah that's pretty much what I was doing but for the track that was trying to print out it doesn't give any options of file format. Only JWpub.  Maybe that's why I can never remember how to print it out! I'm always trying to use the 'who really rules the world' tract.  I will try a different tract and see how it goes.  Thank you

I know this isn't what this thread is about, but an Elder one time told me I shouldn't print out tracts and put them in letters.

I was wondering if this is something that varies between Halls of whether or not you can do it. Or maybe the OP is just sending the printed tract to a friend. 

35 minutes ago, Beyond the Sky said:

I know this isn't what this thread is about, but an Elder one time told me I shouldn't print out tracts and put them in letters.

I was wondering if this is something that varies between Halls of whether or not you can do it. Or maybe the OP is just sending the printed tract to a friend. 

We are certainly allowed to print them. It’s even noted in our jw.org Terms of Use. If we weren’t allowed to print stuff, then the brothers at the HQ would not release the PDF format to the public.

• You may: View, download, and print Watch Tower’s copyrighted artwork, electronic publications, music, photos, text, or videos from this website for your own personal and non-commercial purposes.

Each circuits and elders of the kingdom halls can have a varying opinion and may make a guidelines regarding witnessing approach. However, it generally looks much better quality-wise and less ink/paper consuming for you to use the Branch-provided tracts. Maybe your Elder was talking about that.

18 minutes ago, Hinata said:

We are certainly allowed to print them. It’s even noted in our jw.org Terms of Use. If we weren’t allowed to print stuff, then the brothers at the HQ would not release the PDF format to the public.

• You may: View, download, and print Watch Tower’s copyrighted artwork, electronic publications, music, photos, text, or videos from this website for your own personal and non-commercial purposes.

Each circuits and elders of the kingdom halls can have a varying opinion and may make a guidelines regarding witnessing approach. However, it generally looks much better quality-wise and less ink/paper consuming for you to use the Branch-provided tracts. Maybe your Elder was talking about that.

Last year I was trying to find a way to up my service time so I was gonna go to my aunts house and study with her. She believes the truth but has never really taken the steps toward baptism. I thought I could print tracts and other material, go over it with her and count it as part of literature I passed out.

Is it okay to use it in that way?

Edited by Beyond the Sky

16 minutes ago, Beyond the Sky said:

I thought I could print tracts and other material, go over it with her and count it as part of literature I passed out.

Good that you are taking the initiative to preach to her, hope you can help her make progress with Jehovah's help. 

Some points to keep in mind:

- If you print it out and hand her one, you can count it as a literature placement. 

- If you send her a link to for the tract, you can count it as a literature placement. 

- Each time you speak with her you can count it as a return visit. 

- And if you want to count it as a bible study it would be good to keep this point in mind:

When are your discussions considered a bible study? (w20 October page 6, article #41)  

If you regularly and systematically have discussions using the Bible, you are conducting a Bible study. You may report the study if you have conducted it two times after the study arrangement was demonstrated and if you have reason to believe that the study will continue.

Edited by Br. Ice

2 hours ago, Beyond the Sky said:

That is awesome. I need to talk to her about studying again. 

Remember, you don't have to get the householder to "agree" to a study.  We  count Bible Studies on the third visit if we feel it will continue and some progress is being made.  It doesn't even have to be each week. It can be by letter, telephone of zoom or some other form of communication.

*** w20 October p. 6 How to Conduct a Bible Study That Leads to Baptism—Part One ***

EXPRESSION EXPLAINED: If you regularly and systematically have discussions using the Bible, you are conducting a Bible study. You may report the study if you have conducted it two times after the study arrangement was demonstrated and if you have reason to believe that the study will continue.

*** w20 October p. 7 par. 4 How to Conduct a Bible Study That Leads to Baptism—Part One ***

Many of our brothers and sisters are conducting Bible studies right on the householder’s doorstep. Although this is a good start for developing interest in the Bible, these discussions are usually quite brief and may not even be held every week.

*** km 4/06 p. 3 par. 2 Conduct Progressive Doorstep and Telephone Bible Studies ***

we have been encouraged to start and conduct Bible studies at the doorstep or over the telephone. At first, these studies may be relatively brief and may involve considering just a few Bible texts with the aid of one or two paragraphs in a publication

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 2:23 AM, Hinata said:

I would just add to it that that someone can also obtain a pdf file from another person and not from JW.org, and thus would not be under the terms of use.

Also, pdf files can have the print option disabled by the author, and that is a common feature in many commercial works, books and magazines.

You can see the file properties to check what permissions the GB gave.

As an example, you may see bellow the permisions for T-30.

imagem.png.7251c393ed2704325246efcb5937f4f3.png

Edited by Paulo

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)