JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favourite TV/Netflix/... series

Do you have favourite series? Are there certain series you used to watch when you were younger and still enjoy now? (or which you used to watch and are ashamed of now? :lol1:)

I will make a start about TV series and bring up Netflix & Co. later...

Here are some of my favourites

• "The Wonder Years" - I used to watch it as a teenager, I bought all seasons on ebay as an aduld, it never gets boring
  • "ER" - the same here: Watched it when it was new (in the 90s), enjoying my DVDs (all seasons) now
  • "King of queens" - laughing about the same scenes again and again after years
  • "The big bang theory" - some sentences have become a common word in my daily chit chat with friends, like "I´m not crazy....my mother had me tested"
  • "The Avengers" - no, not what you think....this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Avengers_(TV_series)

Well, I could list more, but let´s start with that "Top 5" and see what others say 😉

Chrissy :wave:

Bonanza  (Western television series that ran on NBC from September 12, 1959, to January 16, 1973) Oops, I'm showing my age.

The Cartwright family lived on a thousand square-mile (2,600 km2) ranch called the Ponderosa on the eastern shore of Lake Tahoe in Nevada opposite California on the edge of the Sierra Nevada range.

image.png.a6967edfae29a3a73470875bb701de2c.png

The Big Valley with the incomparable Miss Barbara Stanwyck. The Wild West adventures of the Barkley family in California's San Joaquin Valley.

image.png.3a20efe39c50ef4fa33990592f06d98f.png

Edited by happiness IS

Watch The Prisoner | Prime Video

The Prisoner (known only as Number Six) is a former government agent who abruptly resigns from his job and has been imprisoned in a beautiful and charming-yet-bizarre and enigmatic community -- a mysterious seaside "village" that is isolated from the mainland by mountains and the sea. Presumably wanted for the top-secret information he knows, Number Six is hunted, yet thwarts his captors at every turn. However, he's still trapped in the village by floating, glowing "rovers," mysterious, balloon like devices that capture those who try to escape. He keeps trying to escape and learn who Number One is

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Interesting is one word for it ... it has been described as "a 1967 British avant-garde social science fiction television series - Episode plots have elements of science fiction, allegory, and psychological drama, as well as spy fiction"

"Different" would be another word - I don't think there has been any other show/series quite like it ...

It was created by actor Patrick McGoohan who played the lead role of Number Six.

7 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Have you watched Young Sheldon? It's hillourios.

It's about Sheldon Cooper when he was growing up....

I know "young Sheldon", but I guess I like the adult Sheldon too much, so I never considered watching it 😁

5 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

He is more funny and quirky when young ...LOL 🤣

Okay, all the time I was wondering why I don´t seem to like this series (I saw only the trailers on TV) - now I know: It´s the German dubbing voice!!!! :lol1:

The English is much better, thank you.

What about series you watched in your teenage years and which you are ashamed of now? 😄 

(or at least you don't understand why you used to watch them)

For example, i will never understand why I used to watch Knight Rider in my youth :lol2:

Edited by coony77

I gave up on DS9 when they strayed into left-field ... the ending is a little "out there" from how it began :(