JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Arrest made in 2012 murder of UNC Chapel Hill student

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 939 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"Hedgepeth was a 19-year-old UNC sophomore when she was found beaten to death in 2012 in her friend’s off-campus apartment near the Durham-Chapel Hill town limits." 

They made an arrest in this case, but didn't disclose anything about the suspect other than his name. 

It really is sickening that people do things like this. 

I love the Carolinas by the way. Feel right at home down south. 😊

They named him in the news I saw this evening. 
NC has had several university murders/rapes. There was the big case years back with the lacrosse team I think. Although technically I think they were found not guilty. 
Southern hospitality is a bit of a myth if you ask me. Lol. Grew up in FL and now in the Carolinas….

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

Got this message and couldn't read the article

image.png.3f345a729b6602549438dc41a19ec318.png

If you use AdBlock, then you can select "pause just this once for this site" and reload the page. 😉

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I know I can do that - but the point of using an adblocker is so I don't have to have the ads ... pausing it is sort of self-defeating is seems :shrugs: 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I know I can do that - but the point of using an adblocker is so I don't have to have the ads ... pausing it is sort of self-defeating is seems :shrugs: 

Well, at least you let the community know you have an ad blocker installed :lol1: 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

17 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Southern hospitality is a bit of a myth if you ask me. Lol. Grew up in FL and now in the Carolinas….

I didn't think much of it until I moved up north. People are different here. Passing through there was like a breath of fresh air.. air that is scented with greens, grits, scrapple, and whatever else I like. 🤣 

On Thu Sep 16 2021 at 9:24 PM, Beyond the Sky said:

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article254291273.html

I live in North Carolina and didn't know this happened at one of our universities. It makes you feel sick just reading it.

It is indeed very horifying,it must be really hard to be a female in this cruel world.

makes me think about the black dahlia and worry about how unsafe women really are in this system of things.

On 9/21/2021 at 4:24 AM, Ishaya said:

It is indeed very horifying,it must be really hard to be a female in this cruel world.

makes me think about the black dahlia and worry about how unsafe women really are in this system of things.

Yeah women have it harder than men for numerous reasons imo. Stories like one this thread about are always the saddest news stories their is.