JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How many horse people do we have here?

I used to be a horse person but my husband convinced me to give it up. The last time I fell I got to ride to the hospital in the ambulance (no siren though). Broken collarbone (second time), in and out of consciousness (second time), really, really hurt ribs (first time), I had to agree with him. I got my granddaughter off to a good start though. She loves horses and is doing shows. She 15 and isn't in the truth and I hope that the horse craziness will keep her away from the boys. So far it's working, but food and board is costing me about $500 a month for two horses.. I also had two, a mama and her last baby (a 2-year old). I gave the mama away and sold the baby to an aunt and her niece. It made me sad, but I am out in service more instead of shoveling poop now. Granddaughter and grey horse, Wesley

98459=5440-asia and the thing2.jpg My mama horse and her last baby, Princess Buttercup

98459=5441-2008 July one.jpg There is no picture handy of my Granddaughter's black horse, Inigo Montoya. Have you caught on to what one of my favorite movies is?

lol definitely The Princess Bride.

I'm a horse lover, but don't own any. They're a huge responsibility, and when we lived on an acreage we thought about getting one but decided against it. Didn't stop me from loving my neighbours horses though. I have a few pics of them, but I'm not sure if I can find them. Will try to post them :)

That's what my mother said she looked forward to doing in paradise, is riding horses again. I rode when I was young in Ohio & W. Va. Got throwed off several times; never knew it was that dangerous until I came to Texas and saw Rodeo's. Oh, to be young again or Paradise...

I LOVE horses! I think they are the most beautiful and graceful of all Jehovah's animal creations (oooo and tigers, too!)

HOWEVER, horses know I'm a horse dunce...absolutely no riding skills at all. My father in law used to have a huge quarterhorse named Big Red. I'd get on his back (finally) and he'd turn that beautiful head around and look at me and you could almost see him rolling his eyes and thinking, well here we go again! He'd stand there so calm, and then just wiggle the flesh on his back....and PLOOP! I'd fall right off! :blushing:

I haven't had a horse since I was 12, almost 50 years. I have rode horses occasionally but not one I could say was my own. When I was nine and ten traffic would come to a stop as loved to ride bare back and stand up at full gallop. I think people would stop just to see if I would fall or not or maybe so as not to spook the horse. I never did fall as the horse was steady as a rock.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I used to have horses. At one time I had five. Then I decided it was easier to dig a hole in my back yard and throw my money in the hole each payday. It was a lot less of a hassle and accomplished the same thing. :)

I know exactly what you mean. It doesn't take so long to dig a hole and fill it in as the grooming and mucking. Do you mind if I come to your house and dig around a little?

I'll be horse in the morning, I have a sore throat tonight. :offtopic:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I know exactly what you mean. It doesn't take so long to dig a hole and fill it in as the grooming and mucking. Do you mind if I come to your house and dig around a little?

I'll be horse in the morning, I have a sore throat tonight. :offtopic:

Well put a saddle on it and get back out in service, you slacker. :raspberry:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Yes I am... we only have one now, he is an ex racehorse called Good Man Yerself but to us he is plain old Joe :) here he is, that is not me riding him either its his previous owner !

99854=5510-Jerome_003.jpg Up until recently we had 10, mostly American Miniatures which we bred, I used to ride a lot when I was younger and worked as a groom.

99854=5511-CIMG0287.jpg

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I used to have horses. At one time I had five. Then I decided it was easier to dig a hole in my back yard and throw my money in the hole each payday. It was a lot less of a hassle and accomplished the same thing. :)

So true Musky... thats why we only have one now... and sometimes I think that is one too many :D

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Around here people like to haul their horses in to one particular beach where riding is allowed. First you have to introduce the horse to the water--you've heard that old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it stay on the ground." This horse didn't enjoy the experience as much as most horses do.

100588=5543-surf horse.jpg

• 2 weeks later...