JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Repository of Miraculous Experiences.

4 hours ago, carlos said:

Well, during that week literally every member of the congregation who was unemployed found a job. I was one of them. And my wife, then my girlfriend, was another. 

So, you, your wife and your girlfriend all founds jobs?   That couldn't possibly happen very often, eh?     :popcorn:

This week's WT had examples of times when Jehovah had provided for His servants in an unexpected way.

I live for examples like this. There was a talk a few years ago by Brother Jackson, where he declared that we are lucky, because Jehovah is not limited to only providing things in ways we pray for. We've all heard at least one experience where someone says "I was just praying for God to talk to me a moment before you knocked." We've all heard enough of them that it can't be anything but direction. Things even more outrageous happen for construction work.

In times past, Jehovah provided help with miracles. Miracles today are more subtle, but most of us have heard at least one example where the odds of something happening are so outrageous that it can't be anything but divine intervention.

There are many of these experiences on JWTalk, but I thought it would be good to have a thread devoted solely to everyone's most encouraging experiences. Like all experiences, it's probably best if we offer something first or secondhand, or something from the literature/conventions.

The point of this thread is not to replace anything that others might have offered before; but rather to try and put all the most miraculous moments in one place; so that they're easy to find. Remember, we're all looking forward to seeing the Hand of God in our lives, during the times ahead; and we don't know exactly how it will happen; nor do we need to. But building that confidence in Jehovah's 'style' in saving His people from trying times is more important now than ever.

Edited by Thomas Walker

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

An experience from Sweden. Confirmed by a Circuit overseer, sent to me by my aunt, who was in Bethel at the time. It's some years old, so you may have heard it before.

One Sunday Afternoon, an Elder and his 11 year old son were supposed to go out in the Ministry with tracts. Their territory was even in their own street. But the weather was very cold, and pouring rain, so the father was planning to stay in. But the boy put on his warmest clothes and said "Okay, dad! I'm ready! It's time to take our tracts and go!"

The father said they couldn't go in such weather, but the boy was quite insistent. After all, didn't people need to know, even if it was raining?

The father said he wasn't going out in such weather, but his kid insisted. And since it was their own street, he allowed his son to go out with the tracts.

After two hours of going to every door in the street, and even giving them to people walking by, the boy was soaked, cold; and had only one tract left. There was one house, just around the corner from his street. The street was deserted, but the boy ran up and rang the bell. No answer. he rang again. No answer. he was about to give up, but something compelled him to stay and ring the bell again, knocking too. There was still no answer so he rang the bell again; and this time the door opened.

A sad older lady opened the door slowly. "What can I do for you?"

With a big smile at his success, the boy said: "I'm sorry if I disturbed you, but I just wanted to tell you that Jehovah God really loves you and I came to give you my last tract that will tell you about Jehovah and His great love!"

He gave her his last tract and turned to go. The lady called after him. "Thank you!"

The following Sunday morning, the father was on the platform introducing the talk, and the speaker. But before the Speaker could walk up to the stage, the old woman stood up at the back of the hall and started to speak:

"Nobody here knows me. I've never been at a Kingdom Hall. You see, before last Sunday, I was not a Christian. My husband died some time ago, and I was left alone in the world; and even lonelier in my heart. I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to live anymore. I took a rope, and a chair and climbed the stars to the attic of my house. I hung the rope, climbed up on the chair, put the noose around my neck. I was standing there, scared and heartbroken, and about to jump; when my doorbell rang. I ignored it, but it kept ringing. I thought if I waited a few minutes then it would stop. But they kept ringing and knocking. I asked myself 'who could that be? Nobody ever rings my bell or comes for a visit... So I took the noose off my neck and came downstairs. When I opened the door, I couldn't believe my eyes, because here was this innocent, clear eyed little boy with a smile I can't describe. The first words he spoke touched my heart, which has been dead for a long time. 'I just wanted to tell you that Jehovah God really loves you.'. Then he gave me this tract that I have in my hand. When the boy went out into the rain and cold, I shut the door, and carefully read every word of the tract. Then I went up to the attic and got the rope and chair. I didn't need them anymore. Now, I am a happy old lady who wants to serve Jehovah. Since the address of your Kingdom hall was on the tract, I came here to personally say THANK YOU to God's little child, who came in the right moment to save my life."

Not a dry eye in the Hall, as you can imagine. The cong burst into applause and the father stepped down from the podium to hug his 11 year old son.

Another example also of Jehovah waiting right til the ‘11th hour’ before he makes a move on situation..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

I was an attendant at a district convention in Dodger Stadium.   Suddenly, I had to go.  I mean, I was about to wet myself.  I silently cursed myself for drinking so much ice tea, and started running for the bathroom.  A brother started calling my name.  I told him I had to go, and it was an emergency.  He said this was a bigger emergency.  I decided to try to suck it up and see what he needed. 

I didn't have to go anymore.  In fact, I didn't go until I went home.    Was that angel messing with my bladder?  

With your permission   -    I would like to share this experience with the sisters in the car group   :coffee:    :bringiton:

• 1 month later...

I wanted to share this my own personal experience, because I didn’t want to see this thread dying. I hope to see people continue to contribute to this thread. My memory of this experience of very fuzzy because it’s been a very long time, and you may think it is not “miraculous,” but hopefully you are encouraged by it nonetheless.

Some years ago, foreign delegates from the Northern Country visited Korea in order to enjoy 2018 Regional Convention. The provision was made because the brothers were in situation they could not publicly hold the Regional Convention in their homeland safely.

The Korea branch and many local congregations in Korea worked hard to provide good accommodations, tourism plans, spiritual gatherings. While in Korea, many of the brothers were spiritually built strong and could feel the international brotherhood love, similar to international convention provision we have. In our own congregation, also, some brothers were assigned to gather for the meeting, tour around Seoul and view the Regional Convention and sleep in their hotels, too.

One day, brothers assigned to our congregation came to the hotel, and told us that they’ve lost the key card at the convention hall. (We were at the hotel to help their direction.) But in order to replace the key was hard and complicated procedures and possibly required money. I don’t remember the exact reasons now, but no matter the reason, it was not something we wanted to deal with at near the midnight. We were quite very tired at that time and needed to resolve that issue ASAP.

We went and report the issue at the hotel desk. Then I remember discussing with other brothers with other possible ways to get the brothers into their rooms, which did not work out. We even had to consider temporary resolution of housing the brothers at different rooms, because the room was locked and we couldn’t find any other way opening it.

I do not remember if the hotel’s management had said anything about situation of dealing with lost key at the time. But in the end, all of the plans we thought had proven failed, there was no way to get the brothers in unless we found the key card. But a lost key was lost. There was no realistic reason to think that lost key will suddenly pop out and drop from the sky.

But suddenly, one of the management person at hotel came to us, saying: “We’ve been told that you’ve lost the key, and someone from your religion came to us saying that they’ve found yours.” To our surprise, that lost key was found by another brother. That brother had found that hotel’s key card while they were in the convention hall, and he also happened to reside in the same hotel with our brothers, because the hotel was Branch selected.

What are the likelihoods that the brother from our congregation loses their key in the convention hall, housing tens of thousands of people, and within that hall, yet another brother finds that exact key card, and that brother just also incidentally happens to have been assigned the same hotel with who’ve also lost key card previously? Obviously, it happened because we’re united organisation.

Again, I do not remember the exact all the details of the event now, some details may be wrong or exaggerated or changed. But no matter the reason, it was an experience that made us think: Jehovah’s organisation is a worldwide brotherhood. We’re united in one same worship. And Jehovah can help us solve any problems we may face. We don’t know how it may be solved or when, but it will be.

Edited by Hinata

This happened to me about 40 years ago

Soon after I was baptised, my teacher Georgia, suggested that we go out in service in her territory one day, just her and I.  She was a pioneer. So, we went to a nice residential area on a sunny day and walked from door to door.  We stopped to talk to a man who was working on his car with the hood up, on the street. He didn't want to talk and he was very angry because someone in his family had recently been disfellowshipped. I was very new and didn't know how to handle such a situation.  We politly excused ourselves and moved on. As we walked I sensed something so I looked back and he was following us and he was carrying a gun!  I told Georgia and she said, Don't worry, Jehovah will take care of us.  I was beside myself with fear.  I kept telling her that we needed to do something.  She was so relaxed with no sign of fear! As we walked up a driveway of the next house I saw a shed right next to the driveway with the sliding door partially open. As she walked, I slipped inside the shed door and was facing the inside wall, frozen in fear. A moment later I heard, "may I help you?" I looked over and a man was in the shed! I quickly blurted out that I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses and we were talking to his neighbors but a guy is following us with a gun and I didn't know what to do!  He said, "Don't worry I am a policeman, come with me in the house and I;ll take care of it".  He opened the door to his house and let us in. His wife was home.  He went in a back room and got his weapon and left the house. We sat there quitely as he was gone. He came back and told us that he was gone now and then he drove us to our car. Georgia was right.  Jehovah took care of us!!

Sally

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one from my family. This was at the Cong where my father grew up.

There was a sister with a strongly opposed husband. Whenever she would go to the meetings, he locked her out of the house and she'd have to sleep in the shed until morning. He threatened to divorce her every time she did something spiritual.

The night of the memorial, he suddenly changed his mind. He told her to take the car and have a good time.

So this sister took the car, went to the Memorial... and then when it was over, she couldn't start the car to go home. One of the brothers in the Cong (A mechanic by trade) took a look at the engine, and said that the car had been sabotaged. The ignition leads had been all swapped around.

There was no way the car should have started at all, to get her to the Memorial, and yet somehow it worked, until the meeting was over. The Brothers gave her a ride home, she informed her husband, and he had to go to the hall the next morning to fix his car.