JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that areย over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 716 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Latest wave of rain in next few days for southern NSW. At least this is south of Sydney, giving the northern river area a break.
300mm (12") expected.
Monthly rain normality 125mm (5").
Flash flooding warnings in place.

Old (Downunder) Tone
ย 

Rain-1.jpg

Rain-2.jpg

Edited by โž•๐Ÿ‘‡ ๊“ค๊“ฑ๊“ท๊“ ๊“ต๐ŸŽตTone

It seems they are having to create new terminology for how crazy the weather is getting. Rain bombs and bomb cyclones are not the weather we grew up hearing about.ย 
ย 

Stay safe, Aussies!

Jer 29:11-โ€œFor I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.โ€

Psalm 56:3-โ€œWhen I am afraid, I put my trust in you.โ€
Romans 8:38-โ€For I am convinced...โ€

And over this side of the country, what has now been termed the Perth dome, is stopping any decent rainfall here.ย  We normally get at least one reasonably decent rainfall during March which starts off our Autumn season.ย  The one that should have arrived here a couple of weeks ago was deflected by this apparent 'dome' and went inland and flooded some of the wheatbelt areas. (I use the term 'flooded' in a relative sense. It was nothing like what is happening on the East coast).

ย 

We are still having temperatures in the high 20s and low 30s which is very high for the time of year, though our nights are getting cooler.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

48 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Didnโ€™t know about this โ€œdomeโ€.ย 

I had to ask the question myself a couple of weeks ago.ย  Don't know if it's scientific terminology, but apparently it is a 'thing'.ย  Perth Weather Live on FB has been discussing it a bit.ย 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Another flood fatality today. That brings the count to about 23 for this season of flooding.

Ducks in the main street of Camden.
Hopefully the worst is now in the past, although some flood levels have not peaked yet (Hawkesbury) and had an Evacuation Order in place.

Old (Downunder) Tone
ย 

Ducks.jpg

Rain-1.jpg

Rain-2.jpg

Rain-3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
So our congregation has just been invited to "attend" a live stream tomorrow to update us on the aftermath of the recent floods.ย  I will update y'all after we watch it.ย 
Looking forward to it!

Old (Downunder) Tone

For some who would like to see some pics of floods, this news source has listed 305 pics. I have not seen them all. I scanned the 1st hundred.. But some of you may have an interest to see some more...

https://www.9news.com.au/national/weather-australia-2022-wild-weather-extremes-in-pictures-bushfires-floods-snow-storms/84f1601e-2854-4dc2-a3a9-ddf04a8b6452

Old (Downunder) Tone

• 3 weeks later...

Another wave of rain has started around the Western side of Brisbane in the Lockyer Valley.
Gympie also under flood warnings.
(3rd time this year)
Brisbane rivers are rising.
People flooded in February should prepare to evacuate.
It may work its south over the Gold Coast and Northern NSW

Old (Downunder) Tone
ย 

20220513_080420.jpg

20220513_080246.jpg

Laidley.jpg

20220513_081146.jpg