JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

21 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Hi

Anyone using a Huawei tablet with harmony os - Without google services?

I have a good option to buy but am not sure if I'll be able to install JW Library there

If you can sideload Android APK files onto this Huawei tablet,  you can download the latest APK file from this site:  https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=JW+Library

On 3/24/2022 at 12:45 PM, jayrtom said:

Anyone using a Huawei tablet with harmony os - Without google services?

João, I have a Huawei MediaPad M6 I bought in 2020. Initially it came with EMUI but at some point it updated to HarmonyOS 2.0. There is absolutely no difference between EMUI and HarmonyOS either visual or in the way to use it.

Its hardware is very powerful and I obtained it for a very good price. That being said, it's not very useful if you don't install Google Services. You can install JWLibrary and other apps from their APKs, but some other apps simply will not work without GMS installed.

I bought mine from a Chinese seller on Aliexpress and it came with Google Services pre-installed using a Chinese app named Google Services Assistant. I see there are other methods to install GMS, I don't know which ones work and which ones do not. For me it's still working fine almost two years later, with Google Play and everything. JW Library works fine.

I haven't tried installing Netflix, I have read that it works but only in SD, I can't confirm it.

I don't know about this specific tablet.  But I can confirm that the APK file download from JW Library (as Br. Jonathan mentioned) worked very well when I used it to sideload into an older Kindle using an old FireOS that no longer supports JW Library as a direct download from Amazon.

It gives a clean install.

2 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Thank you very much  for your answers. This tablet, Huawey matepad 11 is at a very good price and I will go for it :thumbsup:

All the Matepad series has awesome performance. They are much cheaper than other similar tablets just because they lack Google Services. But what I like the most about these tablets is their sound.

When we were doing cartwork, many times I tried to show a video to an interested person with my phone or my older tablet but with all the noise in the street they could hardly hear it. With a Matepad tablet you won't have this problem. Its sound is really powerful.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, carlos said:

João, did you finally buy the Huawei tablet? Is it working as you expected?

Hi Carlos.

I settled for a 2nd hand samsung tab s7 11'' which was like new. Can't beat the updates and the s-pen functionalities

But I bought the huawei for my father in law and it's working perfectly for JWL and Zoom. He won't need any other thing anyway :)

• 3 weeks later...