JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

1 hour ago, Richie said:

please try to figure out where is Gog coming from prior to attack? Why is this Coalition so heavily armed? Remember, Jehovah will just turn him around to attack His people as per Ezekiel 38.

It says Gog coming from the remotest parts of the “north?” I remember GB potential saying attack led by the KOTN? 

2014 AM maybe?

1 hour ago, MChill14 said:

It says Gog coming from the remotest parts of the “north?” I remember GB potential saying attack led by the KOTN? 

2014 AM maybe?

Please note that KOTN is a nation while Gog is a coalition of nations. Gog will do the attack and it will influence other nations to do the same as per Ezekiel 38.

I watched that 2014 AM. 

Edited by Richie

9 hours ago, Brew29 said:

Unfortunately western propaganda feeds the masses that Russia is in fail,but their economy is on the up

Reports about Russian economy are very mixed. (Inflation is big problem there) 

The Kremlin has been painting a rosy picture of the country's economy even amid a swathe of Western sanctions — but "the real situation is bad," Igor Lipsits, a prominent Russian economist, told Reuters.https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-economy-real-situation-economist-ukraine-war-sanctions-growth-inflation-2023-11

The Russian economy is weathering the war and Western sanctions: it has maintained its exports, its business sector has shown marked dynamism, and the population is managing in part thanks to state spending.

The fact remains that in the long term this economy may risk going into real decline, as a consequence of isolation, aggravated by a demographic deficit and a collapse in human capital. “War capitalism” is undoubtedly not viable in the long term.https://www.ifri.org/en/publications/politique-etrangere/articles-de-politique-etrangere/war-ukraine-how-does-russian

As we reach the end of 2023, while the Russian government celebrates "healthy" econo­mic growth of around 3%,[1] ordinary Russians seem to be disturbed by the rapid increase in retail prices. By late November, the cost of many foodstuffs (including "benchmark" bananas and eggs), staple goods and services recorded a solid jump: eggs are now 23%, more expensive than they were a year ago, poultry 26%, bananas 47%, oranges 80%, and tomatoes 121%.[2] In its attempt to fight accelerating inflation, the Roskomnadzor, the Russian federal executive agency responsible for monitoring, controlling and censoring Russian mass media, blocked a popular website "Prices today" where different prices were compared from across the country.[3] Meanwhile, as the Bank of Russia gradually revises its 2023 inflation forecast to 7.5% from 5%, as was released in July,[4] the Kremlin is addressing the issue extremely often as it has become a matter of concern among the Russian population. https://www.memri.org/reports/can-inflation-increase-russia-affect-its-social-stability

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, MChill14 said:

Interesting, it’s all going to have to lead to something?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/04/white-house-ukraine-military-aid-warning

I recon they will approve founds at the last minute. (Politics 😜

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

38 minutes ago, Kwabena said:

The king of the North is not a single nation. Its a coalition of nations with Russia as it's leader. Remember the phrase "Russia and it's allies"?

Thanks for correction I almost forgot. Russia, China, Iran, North Korea and others. Still they cannot influence powerful nations like US, UK, EU or US led-West nations to invade other nations like East and Middles Asia and etc. 

https://youtu.be/wm4qLWc_Co0?si=K67w7N44yqQ6Nn2r

Very interesting how he says the UN Security Council has the right to stop ALL the wars at any moment and promote peacekeeping missions for international peace and security.

Implementing a 2 state solution in Israel.

We definitely are close to the cry of peace and security once these wars reach a certain point and whatever they have to do to convince the world of peace and security. 

I can’t imagine seeing this on TV and news outlets. It will be surreal. 

Then, all of a sudden the destruction of false religion. Imagine it being broadcasted on TV and news. 

What a time to be alive.

Jehovah tells “from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done.” (Isaiah 46:9, 10)

1 hour ago, ExquisitePeace said:

Very interesting how he says the UN Security Council has the right to stop ALL the wars at any moment and promote peacekeeping missions for international peace and security.

We definitely are close to the cry of peace and security once these wars reach a certain point and whatever they have to do to convince the world of peace and security. 

Then, all of a sudden the destruction of false religion. Imagine it being broadcasted on TV and news. 

What a time to be alive.

That speech was very interesting indeed. 

1 hour ago, ExquisitePeace said:

What a time to be alive.

I hope so.. this world is not for true Christians..

Human imperfections are hard to deal with. .Its even harder for ourselves.. 

I have lots of it that I need to fight everyday. 

2 hours ago, ExquisitePeace said:

What a time to be alive.

One of the problems faced by UN Security Council especially from 5 members with veto power is they are divided. One from US, UK and France. While in the other side is Russia and China. 

If UN Security Restructuring will happen next year (Biden aims to offset Russia veto power and make China a loner). It will become favor to US-led West Nations which most of them show hatred toward any religions.

Another thing, Russia is still so attached with Patriach Kirill whom his spiritual adviser. Additionally, Kirill blessed and promoted war for the aim to capture Kiev. An essential part of Russian Orthodox mission.

Edited by Richie

9 hours ago, SteveAus said:

And yes, maintaining neutrality in these times is difficult, but we must not , in my view, over emphasise a particular stance taken by the media of either party, and present it as the 'truth' on the matter.

I agree with you my brother and I am in no way against you.

I was only pointing to the fact that while you see both sides promoting their point of view, still you labeled one of them as "russian propaganda" and "pro russian"

Propaganda has a heavy meaning and this days is another word for lie. I cannot see why one can apply it only to one side and still being neutral.

Because I read from both sides of the iron fence, I prefer to say "russia says", "the west says" and "official version".

You brother was just quoting the point of view from one of the sides and did not deserve an Argumentum ad hominem.

And we never see that happening when someone quotes the western MSM.

Edited by Paulo

typo

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

5 hours ago, Richie said:

KOTN is a nation

KOTN is Russia and it’s allies

so far: Iran China and North Korea

it seems the Hamas and Hezbollah groups may be included too (?) since they operate under Iran supervision 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

5 minutes ago, Sofia said:

it seems the Hamas and Hezbollah groups may be included too (?) since they operate under Iran supervision 

I would not include Hamas and Hezbollah, or any non state agents.

Iran has direct biblical support to be included.

China has support by observation how it may fulfill Daniel 11:39

But you can also include the majority of Africa (Daniel 11:43, Ezekiel 38:5)

29 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Also Belarus for sure, also some african and south american countries, and maybe some additional asian country.

20 minutes ago, johnnyjw01 said:

I wonder what “Egypt” really means in that scripture. There isn’t a recent explanation…

This is of course not an explanation, just an observation from History.

A few years after Daniel wrote the book that has his name, Egypt was no longer an empire.

It was conquered land, a colony, with a Persian ruler that disliked her people, whom were considered second class citizens. And there were many revolts for independence.

Maybe this is a reference to the former colonies of western empires.

USSR had a strong connection to those and helped a few in proxy wars to achieve independence, and Russia still maintains those connections.

Edited by Paulo

10 minutes ago, johnnyjw01 said:

chronological

Yes it is chronological. From that we can assess time left for this old system. Another interesting part when KOTN entered the land of Decoration in 2017, KOTN had a best relationship with KOTS, looked like getting a high reward from KOTS. 

4 hours ago, ExquisitePeace said:

‘ll feel like a movie .. or like I’m in a movie..  to be there and watching the first realization of one of the series of prophecies leading up to Armageddon.. like I’m in the Bible.

13 hours ago, Sofia said:

King of the South will prevail untill Armagedom. No other nation or alliance against it will prevail.

This is what Daniel and Revelation prophecies say.

The King of the North can suddenly be overtrown or die or simply loose for other causes.

It will happen when Jehovah wants, on His time only.