JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

Just musing on the destruction of the Great Omari Mosque.

Imagine if Muslims worldwide rise up, not because of the Israeli - Hamas conflict in itself, but because of the continued destruction of their holy sites. Imagine a tit-for-tat response against Christendom's great cathedrals and monuments by Muslims living in those countries.

If that outrage morphed into a Christian vs Muslim on a global scale, then it's not a far stretch of the imagination to see the world governments uniting via the UN, and stepping into to de-fuse the issue aka "peace & security"

Edited by SteveAus

25 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

We can only hope the China-Taiwan-US thing never happens.   The world doesn't need any more wars.

Sixty Percent in Taiwan Poll Want US Military Alliance to Counter China (msn.com)

Its on the brink. Southeeast asian countries will be mostly affected. 

1 hour ago, SteveAus said:

Just musing on the destruction of the Great Omari Mosque.

Imagine if Muslims worldwide rise up, not because of the Israeli - Hamas conflict in itself, but because of the continued destruction of their holy sites. Imagine a tit-for-tat response against Christendom's great cathedrals and monuments by Muslims living in those countries.

If that outrage morphed into a Christian vs Muslim on a global scale, then it's not a far stretch of the imagination to see the world governments uniting via the UN, and stepping into to de-fuse the issue aka "peace & security"

Probably UN Security Council will make a collectively and decisive action thru resolution. This action is so swift and unpredictable. The trend for now is a great pressure from atheistic and seculiarized nations which can affect UN decision. 

Islamic and East Asian nations cannot do anything for now. They are just complaining😅

Concerning that UNIDIR (UN Institute of Disarmament Reserach) video, if you click "Watch on Youtube" in the bottom left, you will watch it directly.   Then if you click on the video information text, at the bottom you can do a "Show Transcript" and this will open up a window on the right side and you can scroll all the text.   This only shows up on a computer and not a phone, I believe.

"... a lot of interviews we have now concluded their research and are preparing the findings which we plan to release before the end of the year and we really hope that these will help member state's colleagues within the Unitied Nations and other stakeholders in their thinking and preperations ahead of the summit for the future...

12 minutes ago, MChill14 said:

More potential for conflict…..

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-67668930.amp

The Philippines has accused China of using water cannons to obstruct three of its vessels, in the latest territorial dispute between the two countries in the South China Sea.

The insanity continues 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

7 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

I don't know if this was posted here!

Preparing for the Future of International Peace and Security

The video is over 1 hour ..and I am bit busy now, but what is the main point of the video? (Possible to summarize my dear brother?) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

The video is over 1 hour ..and I am bit busy now, but what is the main point of the video? (Possible to summarize my dear brother?) 

The international community is faced with a series of complex and interlocking challenges, and the impact of these have been felt on the 2030 Agenda and global governance more broadly. It is in this context that the United Nations Secretary-General has called for a Summit of the Future, which aims to examine existing challenges and gaps and identify multilateral solutions. Issues related to international security, threats to peace, and disarmament play a core role in the identification of solutions. In order to provide novel and creative approaches to these issues, the United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR) created a series of hypothetical future scenarios depicting how the world might look like in 2045 – the United Nations 100th anniversary. Specifically, this research sought to explore what actions could be taken now to mitigate threats to international security linked to arms control and disarmament. In this side-event, UNIDIR will lead a discussion based on this research

54 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

La communauté internationale est confrontée à une série de défis complexes et imbriqués, dont l’impact se fait sentir sur le Programme 2030 et sur la gouvernance mondiale de manière plus large. C’est dans ce contexte que le Secrétaire général des Nations Unies a appelé à un Sommet du futur, qui vise à examiner les défis et les lacunes existants et à identifier des solutions multilatérales. Les questions liées à la sécurité internationale, aux menaces contre la paix et au désarmement jouent un rôle central dans l’identification de solutions. Afin de proposer des approches novatrices et créatives à ces questions, l’Institut des Nations Unies pour la recherche sur le désarmement (UNIDIR) a créé une série de scénarios futurs hypothétiques illustrant à quoi pourrait ressembler le monde en 2045 – le 100e anniversaire des Nations Unies. Plus précisément, cette recherche visait à explorer quelles mesures pourraient être prises dès maintenant pour atténuer les menaces à la sécurité internationale liées au contrôle des armements et au désarmement. Lors de cet événement parallèle, l'UNIDIR mènera une discussion basée sur cette recherche

Let's hope Daniel that in 2045 we will instead celebrate the 20th anniversary of Armageddon. Keep on the watch !

11 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

”which we plan to release before the end of the year and we really hope that these will help member state's colleagues within the Unitied Nations and other stakeholders in their thinking and preperations ahead of the summit for the future...

Exciting, wonder what it can be. 
I read the first week of examining the scriptures for 2024. 
3-5 january are about the last days. 
Three days after eachother about this subject. I thought it was interesting. 

Edited by LindaViktoria

Added a sentence

The closer we get to 2034, the more I wonder if Jehovah decided in 1914 there would be just 120 years more. We have discussed that many times, it will be very interesting to see if it is true.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The closer we get to 2034, the more I wonder if Jehovah decided in 1914 there would be just 120 years more. We have discussed that many times, it will be very interesting to see if it is true.

We don't know the day or hour but no one said the year lol jk 😅 

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

The question is.. it seems too obvious 🤔

1914 was reachable by studying the scriptures.

Yet Jesus said that that day nobody knows except for Jehovah.

(Mat.24:36)

I wonder if it refers to the Armagedom day.

because… imagine we can figure out the date of beginning of GT 🤔

Since we don’t know how long it takes even if a few weeks or months we will always be thinking “ok GT has started. now…When will Armagedom comes?”

but even if we can’t figure out the day like you said, maybe the year can be sorted out?

Satan knows he has a short period of time. Does he know at least the year?

when the sentence was given was he informed ?

🤷‍♀️ this has been discussed a lot in here.

I guess we will have to live on expectation untill Armagedom 😂

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I think it is a really good thing we dont know the exact date of Armageddon, and all of the details. Weʼd (I) would be anxiety-ridden, trying to think of what I still need to do.

This way, it’s simple. Jehovah will prepare us. Stay close to the program, and, all will be well.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

16 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

We can only hope the China-Taiwan-US thing never happens.   The world doesn't need any more wars.

Sixty Percent in Taiwan Poll Want US Military Alliance to Counter China (msn.com)

As long as Taiwan does not declare independence, nothing will happen.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Plus nous nous rapprochons de 2034, plus je me demande si Jéhovah a décidé en 1914 qu’il n’y aurait que 120 ans de plus. Nous en avons discuté à plusieurs reprises, ce sera très intéressant de voir si c’est vrai.

In 10 years ??? Impossible !
The last time I said that was at The Cellar assembly. Some people said 'in 10 years' and I, in my heart: 'ha ha ha ha, they are crazy. I give 2 years max.

7 years later...

Now I say : when Jehovah blows the horn. Full point (But still: if it were tomorrow it would be good and that's what I tell myself. Tomorrow you'll hear the horn of salvation, it really helps to endure)

I get VERY uncomfortable with dates. In my opinion, this kind of speculation or calculation, even though innocent at best, serves no useful purpose. 1879, 1914, 1918, 1919, 1925, 1975, 2000 and now 2034??? Personally I do not see how pointing to any date builds faith. We know that we are in the last days. The evidence is clear. That should be enough.