JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

I'm remembering that the brothers said a third will fall at the destruction of BTG, 1/3 during Tribulation and the final 1/3 during Armageddon. I just can't remember where I heard it, but it wasn't all that long ago.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

10 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

When I read this I thought we'd need significant problems that would trigger the whole world to come to the same conclusion. And we do, world wide now. All the prophesies are coming true, as mentioned by many on this forum, all at the same time causing the worst upheaval in human history. Now we just need the UN to get some teeth, enforce its will and 'cause' a sense of peace to happen, or something that could make the population believe peace could be on the horizon.

This is exactly how I always thought it may play out. 

war, mental health in decline, loneliness, war related to religion, inflation, lay offs.. All come together. 

breakdown of a family, moral standards are at most time low. Sometimes, its hard to trust even brothers from different congregation, even they say, theyre jw and we have common friends. 

1 hour ago, Sackedbysapp said:

I believe that we have every interest in having strong morale for our own comfort and that of our loved ones as much as for the people we must convince that the solution is neither the homeland, nor the UN or still NATO but Jehovah's Kingdom.

1 hour ago, Sackedbysapp said:

USA is still not supporting Ukraine with the billions needed.

europe is becoming in fear of Russia to gain the war since the rest of NATO don’t have money or military equipment to help Ukraine gain the war.

therefore in the worst scenario Ukraine looses the war looses territory and Russia may come down to invade more countries 

This is why some European countries are devoting more money and resources to military development.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

47 minutes ago, JennyM said:

war, mental health in decline, loneliness, war related to religion, inflation, lay offs.. All come together. 

breakdown of a family, moral standards are at most time low. Sometimes, its hard to trust even brothers from different congregation, even they say, theyre jw and we have common friends. 

Trusting brothers in different congregation? How about the same congregation??

58 minutes ago, Sofia said:

USA is still not supporting Ukraine with the billions needed.

europe is becoming in fear of Russia to gain the war since the rest of NATO don’t have money or military equipment to help Ukraine gain the war.

therefore in the worst scenario Ukraine looses the war looses territory and Russia may come down to invade more countries 

This is why some European countries are devoting more money and resources to military development.

And because of that, the economy is affected and many are losing jobs. 

add to the inflation woes. 

I bought a coffee stick and water with me whenever I go out.. We need to save money. 

9 minutes ago, vern said:

The world makes it out that they have no choice but they do.

Just have putin and biden arm westle for it......

Should be Zelensky and Putin wrestling, eh

Maybe ... Mud wrestling....

:lol2:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

It’s interesting 🤔 

The KOTN xx KOTS pushing has shifted now from Ukraine to Israel:

source: https://responsiblestatecraft.org/biden-israel-gaza/ “Israel's war in Gaza has shifted American attention from Ukraine”

US is reluctant financing Ukraine

but is more actively interested in Israel conflict and Iran ( also KOTN) activities in Middle East 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Unification with South Korea no longer possible, says Kim Jong-un | North Korea | The Guardian

Yet another potential conflict appearing.  Makes me wonder if things get so bad that the nations figure out that they individually will never be able to bring about peace.  So they'll need the UN to do it for them.  

2nd thought:  If the nations achieve peace and security on their own, they'd never let the UN take credit, or give it any kind of power.  So maybe the world does need to start spiraling out of control for bible prophecy to be fulfilled.  

32 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Lien en portugais 

L'OTAN appelle 90 000 soldats pour le plus grand exercice militaire depuis la guerre froide ; les manœuvres simuleront une attaque russe

https://g1.globo.com/mundo/noticia/2024/01/18/otan-anuncia-maior-convocacao-de-soldados-em-decadas.ghtml#

It looks like they're having fun scaring each other! It's sadism on the part of who we know... Thank you, Daniel

4 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

Makes me wonder if things get so bad

"The Bible indicates that the world situation will get worse before it gets better."

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/is-world-war-inevitable/

Another WOW article!

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

So why did Iran do it? Attack Syria, Iraq and Pakistan its so-called “allies”?
The bleeding obvious answer is religion.

Why did Iran launch strikes on its allies' territory? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68021483

“Everything suggests Iran's military, the Revolutionary Guards, were under pressure to act from Islamic hardliners inside the country.

These hardliners are increasingly unhappy with Iran apparently standing by as Israel kills huge numbers of Palestinians in Gaza…

(Regarding Pakistan) The tit-for-tat attacks have left the normally good relations between the neighbours seriously damaged. The Revolutionary Guard did not anticipate this reaction from Pakistan.

The Revolutionary Guards may have taken the decision to launch the attacks against the three countries after only consulting Iran's supreme leader. There are signs the foreign minister was not consulted before the attacks were launched.“

11 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

So why did Iran do it?

For the same reason, or excuse, why the USA did the same, to counter terrorism and "self defense".

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/understand-actions-that-countries-take-in-self-defence-mea-on-iranian-missile-strike-on-pakistan-9114753/

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

5 hours ago, Doug said:

Is it because Israel is the Bible Lands and the birth of Christian faith?

For USA Israel conflict  it’s more important in terms of politics and comercial 

us citizens don’t care so much about Ukraine 

after all if Ukraine loses what bad can come to us citizens? Therefore government don’t see the urge of giving billions to Ukraine right now.

Also many Jews live in usa. More than Ukrainians. And they can vote.

As for me I’m questioning if this shift is fullfilling more Bible prophecies before Armageddon 

Keeping on the watch…

On 1/16/2024 at 9:54 AM, JennyM said:

They might peace and security this year then.. 

I cant wait! I cant wait living the real life. 

4 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

Unification with South Korea no longer possible, says Kim Jong-un | North Korea | The Guardian

Yet another potential conflict appearing.  Makes me wonder if things get so bad that the nations figure out that they individually will never be able to bring about peace.  So they'll need the UN to do it for them.  

2nd thought:  If the nations achieve peace and security on their own, they'd never let the UN take credit, or give it any kind of power.  So maybe the world does need to start spiraling out of control for bible prophecy to be fulfilled.  

I think the cry of P&S is from the people of the nations who are really affected by wars not from the UN. The 1 Thes 5:3 never indicates the wild beast will do this cry. 

Book of Revelation tells us the granting of authority to the wild beast by the 10 horns. From this, UN will just wait to receive and act according to the power granted by by 10 horns or the nations controlling the UN. 

49 minutes ago, MChill14 said:

New featured article on website. I couldn’t help but notice reference to Daniel chapter 11 under “The Bible Foretold Current Events.” Are we now seeing the fulfilment of Daniel 11:42,43? 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/is-world-war-inevitable/

According to the Daniel book, we have been seeing the fulfillment of those 2 verse for decades already. So, yes we are also now seeing the fulfillment. 

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=1101999036&par=25

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....