JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

13 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

It's interesting that a lot of "troubles" are caused by Islamic religious groups, but the judgment upon false religion starts with Christendom. 

Today, Christendom has a fierce batlle with Secular Governments and Societies around the world. 

Edited by Richie

9 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I just watched the January '23 broadcast again. It is very compelling.

Start at 34 minutes in, you need the lead-in to grasp the main point. The brothers do a timeline of 66 to 67 CE, there were multiple things happening in just that first year! It really reminds me of what we're experiencing right now, so many things falling apart all at once. 

It wasn't just one event but a series of events that caused the destruction of Jerusalem. 

Is this the one you're talking about? I have watched it a number of times. It's fascinating. 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtAnnMtg/pub-jwb-100_2_VIDEO

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

On 2/4/2024 at 5:05 PM, Sofia said:

Reading the news makes my faith stronger

Bible prophecy is in fullfillment!

Kots is Anglo-American power. Uk always backs Usa actions.

Daniel prophecy chapter 11 states after verse 40 that the conflict between the 2 kings would be in the form of pushings. Not openly.

We are actually seeing that.

In Ukraine War Anglo American power gives military support to Ukraine not engaging directly with Russia.

Again in the Middle East Anglo American power fights Iran s proxy’s instead of Iran itself (Iran + Russia are part of the KOTN).

What can we expect in the near future?

I expect the same. Not an open conflict but the great tribulation will occur before that would ever happen.

In the near future we can expect more pushings, a proxy war (instead of open conflict between the 2 kings) and religion ban. 

proxy war is when some actors fight backed by a major nation.

iran supplies Houthis Hamas and Hezbollah for instance.

by fighting those, Anglo American forces don’t fight directly Iran

Will it escalate to world war 3?

I was reading this article from 02/2017

https://www.jw.org/en/library/jw-meeting-workbook/february-2017-mwb/meeting-schedule-feb20-26/proclaim-year-of-jehovahs-goodwill/

There it mentions that the "year of Jehovah's good will" began in 29 CE and lasted until 70 CE

I did the math here and it came out to 41

Just for fun, I calculated the 1000 years of our Lord and divided it by 24 hours, which results in 41.66

Well, of course it's a joke I made with the numbers but I found it interesting because the results matched 41

In my mind I understood that Jehovah gave the Jewish people a human day to repent and accept Jesus as the Messiah.

Don't take me too seriously, okay?

😆

I was reading this article from 02/2017

https://www.jw.org/en/library/jw-meeting-workbook/february-2017-mwb/meeting-schedule-feb20-26/proclaim-year-of-jehovahs-goodwill/

There it mentions that the "year of Jehovah's good will" began in 29 CE and lasted until 70 CE

Just for fun, I calculated the 1000 years of our Lord and divided it by 24 hours, which results in 41.66

Well, of course it's a joke I made with the numbers but I found it interesting because the results matched 41

In my mind I understood that Jehovah gave the Jewish people a human day to repent and accept Jesus as the Messiah.

Don't take me too seriously, okay?

You should round it up to 42 and that is the answer

(Tapatalk)

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

9 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

It's interesting that a lot of "troubles" are caused by Islamic religious groups, but the judgment upon false religion starts with Christendom.  

It is natural to be that way.

Christendom arrogantly call themselves as the true and only heirs of Jesus and the Apostles (even if they have thousands of sects and divisions with different opinions)

Islamics are only troublemakers (Genesis 16:12), they never claimed to be followers of Christ.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

2 hours ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

There are 42 years between the years [29-70] and not 41

You need to add one more year, because 70-29=41 leaves the year 29 out, as in ]29-70]

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

20 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Christendom arrogantly call themselves as the true and only heirs of Jesus and the Apostles (even if they have thousands of sects and divisions with different opinions)

Islamics are only troublemakers (Genesis 16:12), they never claimed to be followers of Christ.

Christendom misrepresents Jehovah, which is basically apostacy.  Islam, as bad as it is, doesn't claim to represent Jehovah or Jesus.  It's similar to back in the days of ancient Israel.  When I was young, I wondered how come Jehovah got so mad at the Israelites for bowing down to other gods when the Assyrians, Babylonians, and other nations were playing catch with people's heads and getting pleasure from torturing people.  That's when I was helped to understand how serious apostacy is in Jehovah's eyes.  

48 minutes ago, Paulo said:

either Christians or Muslims or Hindus or someone else all fall in the same pit. it doesn't matter 

6 hours ago, Paulo said:

There are 42 years between the years [29-70] and not 41

You need to add one more year, because 70-29=41 leaves the year 29 out, as in ]29-70]

Is there no zero year? How about: "a day for a year, a day for a year?" 🤐

Edited by truce

35 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

You see ? It's incredible and very beautiful LIFE AND MINISTRY MEETING WORKBOOK May–June 2024

I thank you so much for sharing this. The cover picture is a keeper for sure 👌 Also I noticed that in the week of June 24-30, an original song is used to introduce the Living As Christians section. It's exciting, as I had speculated in another thread some months ago, hoping that the GB might approve the use of some of the original songs for our meetings, if the song applies to the meeting theme. Yaaaaayyyy, it's happening!

1 hour ago, Richie said:

image.thumb.png.1e4c3f13f578e4cc788936b23a8a4cba.png

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/05/hurricanes-becoming-so-strong-that-new-category-needed-study-says

Scientists propose new category 6 rating to classify ‘mega-hurricanes’, becoming more likely due to climate crisis. 

I think we expect more intense disasters while approaching to Great Tribulation. 

13 minutes ago, Richie said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/05/hurricanes-becoming-so-strong-that-new-category-needed-study-says

Scientists propose new category 6 rating to classify ‘mega-hurricanes’, becoming more likely due to climate crisis. 

I think we expect more intense disasters while approaching to Great Tribulation. 

Sadly its not a surprise. The ferocity of all the weather events is unbelievable.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 2/3/2024 at 3:57 PM, JennyM said:

With the war going on, when bro herd said, "Any day now."?  Is that now literal?

This word may lead to different assumptions but encouraging. One thing for sure now, GB feels and necessary to train all non-annointed responsible brothers for greater responsilities in the organization. These brothers will become more responsible to the worldwide organization when all the annointed will be in the heaven prior to the breakout of Armageddon. Now, we see the preparation is happening prior to the departure of all GB. So anyday from now, GB is so well prepared. GB knows that all non-annointed brothers are well prepared to receive handovers.

10 hours ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

Always a problem trying to work with ordinal and cardinal dates. If Jesus was baptized close to the end of 29 (Sept-Oct) and Jerusalem fell 70 (August), then you have to do a little mental gymnastics to get the right number. A little bit + (70-30) + a big bit.

2 hours ago, truce said:

It's exciting, as I had speculated in another thread some months ago, hoping that the GB might approve the use of some of the original songs for our meetings, if the song applies to the meeting theme. Yaaaaayyyy, it's happening!

And we want to hear you singing it!!!!