JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

On 1/31/2024 at 12:37 AM, Richie said:

Or maybe people are crying for peace and security??? GB informed us already that what we have now will be clarified as soon as the scenes of the world are transpiring the prophecies. 

Yes I have often thought that to myself as well … they say peace and security in nearly every sentence now 

they use words like…. it’sa threat to peace and security or … it’sa threat to the peace and security of the world

precisely acting as though they have it when they certainly don’t

often these things only become clear after the fact 

Edited by Anniebea

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

38 minutes ago, Anniebea said:

they say peace and security in nearly every sentence now

Yes, every declaration and every speech seem to have some sort of combination of peace and security, or similar words

But the world is still as violent as in Noah's day

image.png.fe4253ccfe5be288e4aa15aa551572b1.png

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

9 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

In general, media looks for sensational news to make headlines. They need to make money or "push" some agenda. 

Of course NATO prepares for any eventuality. But how the news agencies present that is completely different  story. 

News media coverage  vs reality is big difference. 

In the news business,  the "hook" line in this example is "leaked war plans".  In other words, something the public were not supposed to know.  Another way of putting it ~ Forbidden fruit.  Nobody is interested unless it's "forbidden or confidential", then everyone is interested, and ready to believe.

2 hours ago, Anniebea said:

I know of three who have all received their final sealing within the past week to ten days

This could of course be a coincidence, but they are all in their mid 50’s and fit and healthy

I would be interested to know if when they do receive their final sealing if they have to let the branch know?

My guess is they would quietly inform the Circuit Overseer on his following visit.

I think the branch / GB would definitely want to know.  It would come under "Keep on the watch".

KEEP ON THE WATCH!

People Losing Trust In Politicians

What does the Bible say?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/people-losing-trust-in-politicians/

The year 2024 will see a record number of elections taking place around the world. However, many people are losing trust in politicians....

Read more on the JW website 

6 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

GARDEZ LA GARDE !

Les gens perdent confiance dans les politiciens

Que dit la Bible ?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/people-losing-trust-in-politicians/

L’année 2024 verra un nombre record d’élections se dérouler dans le monde. Cependant, de nombreuses personnes perdent confiance dans les politiciens....

En savoir plus sur le site JW 

•  “Young people trust YouTubers more than politicians, poll suggests.”—The Korea Times, January 22, 2024. " ..... If You Tubers are the future of humanity we are not out of the woods🫢

7 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

•  “Young people trust YouTubers more than politicians, poll suggests.”—The Korea Times, January 22, 2024. " ..... If You Tubers are the future of humanity we are not out of the woods🫢

Then you see

If Slave made a point of posting this research from Korea, it's because it's relevant

People and young people are more likely to trust those who really do something for them

Here in Brazil, there are countless YouTubers who help out in the favelas, help people with some money and give tickets in solidarity at their concerts in theaters.

That's why governments will bring "peace and security" too - because others are doing it in their place and they won't let them.

7 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

Influencers...

I'm wondering if we are going to start seeing YouTubers taking a role in what is to come...

31 minutes ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

Alors tu vois

Si Slave a tenu à publier cette recherche depuis la Corée, c'est parce qu'elle est pertinente

Les gens et les jeunes sont plus susceptibles de faire confiance à ceux qui font réellement quelque chose pour eux

Ici au Brésil, d'innombrables YouTubers donnent un coup de main dans les favelas, aident les gens avec de l'argent et donnent des billets en solidarité pour leurs concerts dans les théâtres.

C'est pourquoi les gouvernements apporteront également « la paix et la sécurité » – parce que d'autres le font à leur place et ils ne les laissent pas faire.

Very interesting, Leonardo. Thank you very much for this clarification. I didn't mean to be mean by saying that, you know. In France, You Tubers are rather known for offering meaningless content to adolescents. The media does not promote those who act in quasi-humanitarian missions. However, I noted that the point was retained by the FS, and reading it in the article surprised me. I then said to myself that perhaps they wanted to underline the depth of the crisis of confidence of part of the population. Thank you again for pointing out that things can be very different other than at home.

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

KEEP ON THE WATCH!

People Losing Trust In Politicians

What does the Bible say?

The year 2024 will see a record number of elections taking place around the world. However, many people are losing trust in politicians....

Read more on the JW website 

Yup. Like I said in my prior post. People will truly have something to protest about. 

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

8 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Social Media could be pivotal in spreading the hailstone message when it's time. (meaning they would be talking about us, not that we would be using it, necessarily)

True, they might be doing this thinking going against us, yet they are helping us out. Or Jehovah out. Jehovah can use anybody to carry out his will.

Edited by Dustparticle

Wow, when Jesus Christ said "You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars", social media has taken it to the next level! Everyone is now a journalist. Because of that real journalists are now competing with the public on who can shock the public faster. This has made the journalists less truthful than they once were. 

54 minutes ago, Kwabena said:

Wow, quand Jésus-Christ a dit « Vous allez entendre parler de guerres et de rapports de guerres », les médias sociaux sont passés à un niveau supérieur ! Tout le monde est désormais journaliste. C’est pour cette raison que les vrais journalistes sont désormais en compétition avec le public pour savoir qui peut choquer le public le plus rapidement. Cela a rendu les journalistes moins véridiques qu’ils ne l’étaient autrefois. 

It's so true brother Kwabena !! The profession no longer resembles what it was 30 years ago, at the same time, 30 years is a long way behind...

1 hour ago, truce said:

So if I told you I had the heavenly hope, you would quit JWTalk too? Or if you heard someone in your congregation professed to be of the little flock, you would move elsewhere?

Facebook is full of false Christians making claims for clout. I'm sure that's all they meant.

JW Talk has better management.

Edited by LeolaRootStew