JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

https://news.sky.com/story/are-we-heading-for-world-war-three-experts-weigh-up-whether-russia-china-and-the-middle-east-could-lead-us-into-apocalyptic-conflict-13056131

“The spark for the next major global conflict could well turn out to be the events of October 7th.”

Compare with:

IMG_1788.jpeg

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

https://news.sky.com/story/are-we-heading-for-world-war-three-experts-weigh-up-whether-russia-china-and-the-middle-east-could-lead-us-into-apocalyptic-conflict-13056131

“The spark for the next major global conflict could well turn out to be the events of October 7th.”

Compare with:

IMG_1788.jpeg

West Philippines island are now equipped with US artillery. Supersonic missile will arrive in March. These are to align its military preparedness to counter KOTN ally. Upgrade is in accordance with West ally recommendation 

It seems we will be such on the cusp of a 3rd WW… that a sudden turn around will make people feel safe?

then peace and security will mean that that war didn’t happen?

What will happen to prevent it?

I dare to say: a major change in KOTN (?)

a sudden change in politics (?)

keeping on the watch 🥰

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Elders in Australia did not receive any information of that sort. 

Just rephrasing... It is something or a "hint" from instruction. Something like may happen unexpecredly, the time of distress. Still curious and still awaiting for further detail.

11 minutes ago, Sofia said:

It seems we will be such on the cusp of a 3rd WW… that a sudden turn around will make people feel safe?

keeping on the watch 🥰

Or maybe people are crying for peace and security??? GB informed us already that what we have now will be clarified as soon as the scenes of the world are transpiring the prophecies. 

20 minutes ago, Sofia said:

keeping on the watch 🥰

The answer is: We don't know 😄

Preaching has been so important more than ever now. The day of Jehovah will come suddenly. Any day now. 

12 minutes ago, Richie said:

Or maybe people are crying for peace and security??? GB informed us already that what we have now will be clarified as soon as the scenes of the world are transpiring the prophecies. 

A brother has told me that too. but I told him that GB hasnt informed us yet. 

New Living Translation
When people are saying, “Everything is peaceful and secure,” then disaster will fall on them as suddenly as a pregnant woman’s labor pains begin. And there will be no escape.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
When people say, "Everything is safe and sound!" destruction will suddenly strike them. It will be as sudden as labor pains come to a pregnant woman. They won't be able to escape.

Good News Translation
When people say, "Everything is quiet and safe," then suddenly destruction will hit them! It will come as suddenly as the pains that come upon a woman in labor, and people will not escape.

Verse 3. - For; the best manuscripts omit this conjunction; the description is continuous. When they shall say; namely, the unbelieving world. Peace and safety; peace denoting internal rest, and safety external security. Sudden destruction cometh upon them. When they thought themselves most secure, they were then in the greatest danger; when they were most off their guard, then the crisis came. As travail upon a woman with child. The primary point of resemblance is certainly the suddenness and unexpectedness of the event; as labor comes upon a woman suddenly, so sudden destruction cometh upon the ungodly world.

33 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

We will have one last celebration, we don't know when, but this last one is coming!

If some members of GB will stick with us until Gog´s atack, I guess we will keep celebrating memorial until armagedom...

But time will tell 😉 

https://www.uscirf.gov/news-room/releases-statements/uscirf-alarmed-attacks-religious-sites-during-armed-conflict

USCIRF abhors the burning and destruction of the El Hamma synagogue in Tunisia. This attack is linked directly to rising global antisemitism and explicit threats against Jews, including antisemitic chants at protests and the tagging of Jewish homes with Star of David graffiti,” said USCIRF Commissioner Susie Gelman We also condemn several recent attacks on mosques and the rise in anti-Muslim rhetoric globally. All governments have an obligation to protect houses of worship and the people who use them for worship and religious observance.”

We are concerned by the uptick of attacks on churches in Sudan and Nigeria, and the targeting of Christian churches and cemeteries in Jerusalem,” said USCIRF Commissioner Frank Wolf. “We urge the United States to do everything it can to ensure that these religious sites are protected.

US arms sales hit record high in FY2023 as diplomacy 'kidnapped by military-industrial complex'

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202401/1306371.shtml

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

10 hours ago, Sofia said:

Compare with:

IMG_1788.jpeg

Have you compared our website in different languages?

Is World War Inevitable? (English)
Is it impossible to avoid another world war? (Portuguese)
Is a world war about to break out? (Brazilian Portuguese)
Are we on the brink of a world war? (Spanish)
You Think the Whole Word Will Start Fighting War Again? (Liberian English)

17 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Have you compared our website in different languages?

Is World War Inevitable? (English)
Is it impossible to avoid another world war? (Portuguese)
Is a world war about to break out? (Brazilian Portuguese)
Are we on the brink of a world war? (Spanish)
You Think the Whole Word Will Start Fighting War Again? (Liberian English)

Translation is not about word for word equivalency. 

7 minutes ago, Richie said:

Translation is not about word for word equivalency. 

No, and that was not even my intention.

It is about how each translation branch see the several degrees of 'inevitability' or 'close to' depending how the world events and local media affects them.

Compare to this post from Brazil:

16 hours ago, Leonard Match Valid said:

We're in the third world... we don't see a third war yet

still a few horn blows from one side and the other

Is there anything to analyze?

39 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Avez-vous comparé notre site Web dans différentes langues ?

La guerre mondiale est-elle inévitable ? (Français)
Est-il impossible d’éviter une nouvelle guerre mondiale ? (Portugais)
Une guerre mondiale est-elle sur le point d’éclater ? (Portugais brésilien)
Sommes-nous au bord d’une guerre mondiale ? (Espagnol)
Pensez-vous que le monde entier va recommencer à faire la guerre ? (anglais libérien)

In the article I was struck by this sentence: " The Bible indicates that the world situation will get worse before it gets better. Jesus foretold that “there [would] be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning.” (Matthew 24:21)". So, no going back possible, prolongation of the world's agony: the current global situation will lead to GT. There is no going back I seem to understand. I also really liked this idea, telling myself I could use it in preaching : " However, Armageddon will save mankind, not destroy it". 

49 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Avez-vous comparé notre site Web dans différentes langues ?

La guerre mondiale est-elle inévitable ? (Français)
Est-il impossible d’éviter une nouvelle guerre mondiale ? (Portugais)
Une guerre mondiale est-elle sur le point d’éclater ? (Portugais brésilien)
Sommes-nous au bord d’une guerre mondiale ? (Espagnol)
Pensez-vous que le monde entier va recommencer à faire la guerre ? (anglais libérien)

It's true, we're talking about world war, not geolocalized conflicts.

6 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

In the article I was struck by this sentence: " The Bible indicates that the world situation will get worse before it gets better. Jesus foretold that “there [would] be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning.” (Matthew 24:21)". So, no going back possible, prolongation of the world's agony: the current global situation will lead to GT. There is no going back I seem to understand. I also really liked this idea, telling myself I could use it in preaching : " However, Armageddon will save mankind, not destroy it". 

The Portuguese translation put this in very nice words:

'The Bible shows that before we get any relief, the world situation is going to get worse.'

I find it a nice touch because we get better from time to time, but we never get true relief.

4 minutes ago, Paulo said:

La traduction portugaise dit ceci en termes très gentils :

« La Bible montre qu'avant que nous obtenions un quelconque soulagement, la situation mondiale va empirer. »

Je trouve que c'est une bonne idée car nous nous améliorons de temps en temps, mais nous n'obtenons jamais de véritable soulagement.

Interesting nuance. Of course the thread will not remain stretched to the extreme, it will be between the GT and Armageddon. But we just have to not delude ourselves.

6 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

The Bible indicates that the world situation will get worse before it gets better. Jesus foretold that “there [would] be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning.” (Matthew 24:21)". So, no

I found interesting in this article that the situation WILL GET worse before it gets better.

So… where is room for the P&S announcement here? 🤔

Am I missing something here?

Shouldnt we expect a bit of improvement before BTG gets destroyed?

27 minutes ago, Sofia said:

J'ai trouvé intéressant dans cet article que la situation va empirer avant de s'améliorer.

Alors… où est la place pour l’annonce P&S ici ? 🤔

Est-ce que j'ai râté quelque chose?

Ne devrions-nous pas nous attendre à une légère amélioration avant que BTG ne soit détruit ?

I think, my beloved Sofia, that the cry for Peace and Security is part of the logic of evolution towards the worst. Threats to world security will increase in intensity, which will trigger the proclamation of world peace at a crucial moment. We know that the prophecy does not tell us that they are going TO MAKE peace, it just says that the nations will say they want it. Whether this has a positive effect or not is not, a priori, part of the announcement. The risk: that people will be fooled by the power of the proclamation and undoubtedly the urgency to make it. This is the reason why I find, for my par, that the prophecy which emphasizes that we are going to go towards the worst is entirely compatible with the prophecy of  Thessalonians.