JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

23 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

The party which dominated the early legislative elections is a gathering of antagonistic forces, to block the Far Right which is increasingly seducing the country.

The prophecies speaking of the fragility of power come true to the decimal point. We are in the right place where we are, no doubt. What a privilege to be in this divine light and force, people are so lost and stunned by the instability...

Sister , what I'm reading about the new reality in France is hard to believe or imagine.

Quoting: "Macron faces the prospect of attempting to form alliances - a task made virtually impossible due to his hostility toward both Ms. Le Pen and Left-wing firebrand Jean Luc-Melenchon".

It really sounds dreadful.  On top of that ~ Airport workers will strike next week, nine days before the Olympic Games begin. Unions are demanding that all staff receive a bonus because the Games take place during the summer holidays.

Regarding the iron and clay, the Watchtower says "Citizens tend to rise up to claim their rights through labor unions, civil rights campaigns and independence movements (elections).

It remains to be seen just how messy the US election will become. The WT quoted is from 2023. It goes on to quote an expert who says "There is no advanced democracy in the world more politically dysfunctional than the United States today".   Looks like France may soon share that dubious distinction.

It gives me shivers to think how close we must be to the GT.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Doug said:

Sister , what I'm reading about the new reality in France is hard to believe or imagine.

Quoting: "Macron faces the prospect of attempting to form alliances - a task made virtually impossible due to his hostility toward both Ms. Le Pen and Left-wing firebrand Jean Luc-Melenchon".

It really sounds dreadful.  On top of that ~ Airport workers will strike next week, nine days before the Olympic Games begin. Unions are demanding that all staff receive a bonus because the Games take place during the summer holidays.

Regarding the iron and clay, the Watchtower says "Citizens tend to rise up to claim their rights through labor unions, civil rights campaigns and independence movements (elections).

It remains to be seen just how messy the US election will become. The WT quoted is from 2023. It goes on to quote an expert who says "There is no advanced democracy in the world more politically dysfunctional than the United States today".   Looks like France may soon share that dubious distinction.

It gives me shivers to think how close we must be to the GT.

The WT referenced in this post is:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2023240?q=Iron+and+clay&p=par

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

9 hours ago, JennyM said:

Many people might lose their job due to AI.

Same was said when computers were in development. Now we live decades with them. Some new jobs were created as a result. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Exclusive: Japan must strengthen NATO ties to safeguard global peace, PM says

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/japan-must-strengthen-nato-ties-safeguard-global-peace-pm-says-2024-07-09/

Nato is  an ally to  the King of the South... strengthen  against king of the North. 

Seems that this is the last king of the north. It aligns to the definition of the generation that wont last. 

Edited by JennyM

56 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Exclusive: Japan must strengthen NATO ties to safeguard global peace, PM says

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/japan-must-strengthen-nato-ties-safeguard-global-peace-pm-says-2024-07-09/

North Atlantic Treaty Organization
Some people are bad at geography :D 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Richie said:

It is extended NATO ally. NATO wants to flex it's muscles even to the farthest east by strengthening its allies to these regions. 

1 hour ago, Dages said:

Yes, I know, that was a joke :D 

Pacific Atlantic Treaty Organization coming soon! PATO! No just kidding.

Edited by chuck83

46 minutes ago, Doug said:

Pacific Ocean Trans Atlantic Treaty Organization.

Members simply called POTATO heads.     :whistling:

Pacific and Atlantic Treaty Organization in short PATO. In filipino language means DUCK 🤣🤣🤣. They are loud ducks louder than their guns🤣🤣🤣

43 minutes ago, truce said:

Thanks. Looking forward to it. 

We would like to see it but the time conflicts with our Sunday meeting, 1:00  PDST. (Los Angeles time)

Any alternative out there?

We have toured the Russian Museum so it would be a twofold blessing.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

15 minutes ago, Old said:

We would like to see it but the time conflicts with our Sunday meeting, 1:00  PDST. (Los Angeles time)

Any alternative out there?

We have toured the Russian Museum so it would be a twofold blessing.

It would be nice if they recorded it and allowed anytime viewing. They are not there yet.

Yes, It also conflicts with my meeting at 1:30. :^(

2 hours ago, Percy said:

sounds interesting. Is it for free?! How many can participate?

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Free (they do suggest a donation though). I have not seen a limit and there is an international chinwag at the end with some questions answered.

The background to this is that there were brothers who used to do physical British Museum Tours. I think there were 8 different ones shown on Saturday afternoon at BM London. We went on 1 in 2013 but our trip was limited to that. When Covid hit and Zoom came on-line they were able to garner support from brothers and sisters around the world with a wider range of topics than just what is in the British Museum.

My favourites were from a brother in Australia who did "1914 - The Year That Changed The World.", the Septuagint, and one I don't see now called "6 Days That Changed The World" from a young brother in Chicago who happens to work there as a paleontologist assistant(?).

Lots I want to see, but the times are sometimes in the middle of the night.

5 hours ago, Sofia said:

Sadly it's at 4am here and I need my beauty sleep. I think this would be very interesting. 

I did a physical tour of the BM with the brothers waaaay back in 1998 when I was home for a visit, and did a couple of virtual ones during covid restrictions. 

You normally have to register due to numbers but because the zoom details are publicly available this one may be available for unrestricted numbers. 

Yes they are free but it is always nice to make a donation to our hardworking pioneer brothers. 😊

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

6 minutes ago, mjcabz said:

And NATO if spell backwards in Cebuano it means "vegetable" 😅

Now lets continue to P&S and GT topics 😁

OTAN is also French for Nato.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

38 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

OTAN is also French for Nato.

Didn't know that.  I always thought they were showing a mirror image as a form of slick marketing   .    .  

8 minutes ago, Doug said:

Didn't know that.  I always thought they were showing a mirror image as a form of slick marketing   .    .  

Maybe that's the French way?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Posted (edited)

Peace, Climate Change and Finance - "We don't have a moment to lose" - UN Chief | Press conference

Guterres said, “We need action for peace. From Gaza to Sudan, Ukraine and beyond, it's time to silence the guns, support the displaced, and shift from spending on destruction and war to investing in people and peace. ”

Edited by Dhanyel