JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, trottigy said:

Crime is on the DECLINE!!!!

But it’s not. Local law enforcement is not required to report its numbers to the FBI. It’s completely voluntary. Add to that the fact that people arrested, then not charged - like most of the people who engaged in the Palestinian protests recently and the George Floyd ridiculousness 4 years ago - are not counted, despite the fact that they committed all sorts of crimes. 

My eyes and the knowledge of what is happening locally tell me the truth. As the old adage goes, none of what you hear, half of what you read, and all of what you see.

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

3 minutes ago, Julsey said:

But it’s not. Local law enforcement is not required to report its numbers to the FBI. It’s completely voluntary. Add to that the fact that people arrested, then not charged - like most of the people who engaged in the Palestinian protests recently and the George Floyd ridiculousness 4 years ago - are not counted, despite the fact that they committed all sorts of crimes. 

My eyes and the knowledge of what is happening locally tell me the truth. As the old adage goes, none of what you hear, half of what you read, and all of what you see.

Just more evidence that watching every world event still doesn't give us the whole story. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, trottigy said:

And on a "peaceful" note (to stick with the "peace and security" topic):

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/10/us/us-violent-crime-rates-statistics/index.html

Crime is on the DECLINE!!!!

That's fantastic!!!- I wish you all a safe day out there.  :bouncing:

Of course crime has dropped. Why? My chocolate is well protected. If not, we will be in the GT by now.

There’s also no need to be flippant with those who are watching world events. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

18 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

There’s also no need to be flippant with those who are watching world events. 

For sure, but if you examine daily stories of what is happening in the world then the flood of posts and needless articles would flood this topic forever so to speak. Good example of “ Watching the World” is on jw.org where only important information is posted and left there for readers to discern the meaning of what is happening in the world. Balance is needed for sure. This world will make more and more “noise” but we already know where this is heading … I scrolled few news outlets today and found at least 3-4 articles that could be posted here … yet they are just detail in the bucket of major events, therefore I will exercise self control and and avoid “flooding” this topic. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

For sure, but if you examine daily stories of what is happening in the world then the flood of posts and needless articles would flood this topic forever so to speak. Good example of “ Watching the World” is on jw.org where only important information is posted and left there for readers to discern the meaning of what is happening in the world. Balance is needed for sure. This world will make more and more “noise” but we already know where this is heading … I scrolled few news outlets today and found at least 3-4 articles that could be posted here … yet they are just detail in the bucket of major events, therefore I will exercise self control and and avoid “flooding” this topic. 

And I shall try not to flood it too with unnecessary comments about donuts and turtles. May not succeed but will try

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

4 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Perhaps, but this is the News forum so members should feel free to post news. 
It is always helpful if they put the reason they are sharing in the post though.  It makes it easier to discuss as a topic. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

3 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

It is always helpful if they put the reason they are sharing in the post though.  It makes it easier to discuss as a topic. 

May I say something here please.

It's been my experience that the moderators spend time considering posts that may take a thread in a different direction than the title is suggesting ... doesn't mean said post is not a good title for the same section, but perhaps a different topic. The moderators here don't do things off the cuff ... they are interested in making this a great experience for every one, so they carefully consider things before making a move. And it's NEVER personal. This is what makes this site different and safe.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

12 minutes ago, Ahuvah said:

And I shall try not to flood it too with unnecessary comments about donuts and turtles. May not succeed but will try

Sis.

I think we say things so we can escape the real world in which that is fine because it is a crazy world. Look what is going on in Great Britain and other parts of the world that had and will have elections in the future.

We all should have respect for one another what way say as long it does not get out of hand and be balance what we say too.

1 minute ago, Dustparticle said:

Sis.

I think we say things so we can escape the real world in which that is fine because it is a crazy world. Look what is going on in Great Britain and other parts of the world that had and will have elections in the future.

We all should have respect for one another what way say as long it does not get out of hand and be balance what we say too.

I was joking my brother. ❤️ 

25 minutes ago, Ahuvah said:

May I say something here please.

It's been my experience that the moderators spend time considering posts that may take a thread in a different direction than the title is suggesting ... doesn't mean said post is not a good title for the same section, but perhaps a different topic. The moderators here don't do things off the cuff ... they are interested in making this a great experience for every one, so they carefully consider things before making a move. And it's NEVER personal. This is what makes this site different and safe.

No one said they didn’t. 

If this thread disturbs some due to its title, perhaps it can be closed and those who wish to share various news articles can share them outside of the thread title. 

I will agree that this thread seems to cover a lot of different types of news articles. How much or how little that news fits in with the original topic has long come and gone at this point. And people from various parts of the world feel differently about what news is important to the topic. 

There are also several threads that end up being the same type of topic. 
Religion, Great Trib, Peace and security. 
Maybe more definition between types of posts would be helpful but at this point I don’t think it’s easy for members to know.  A question as to why it’s in a topic is one thing, but some posts can come across as mocking. 

Edited by BLEmom

It may seem like I'm always angry, but that's not true. I really like the comments, views, and opinions on world affairs.I am loved in my congregation, and I love my brothers. When I arrive, they say, "Look at the young man who loves prophecies."I don't want to detract from the topic; I just share information like a daily newspaper, covering situations that affect everyone everywhere. I have respect for Jehovah's organization and the faithful slave. Regardless of what happens, it is clear that what Jehovah teaches and what Jehovah warns through the Holy Spirit and the slave prevails. The official channel comes through the slave on the JW website, and it always has to be that way!

😍😍😍😍😍❤️❤️❤️❤️😍😍😍😍😍

1 minute ago, Dhanyel said:

If the moderators understand that this topic needs to be closed or discontinued, I will be deeply saddened, but I will understand and leave with the topic. In that case, see you all soon in the new world.

I think that's jumping a little my dear. If this was closed, because of the time we are living in, another will be started. Your thread is awesome... but sometimes corners can be taken that puts us all on a different road. I don't think anyone is upset with any posts, if they are there are other threads. Just sometimes a little tweak is needed that is all.

11 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

There are also several threads that end up being the same type of topic. 
Religion, Great Trib, Peace and security. 
Maybe more definition between types of posts would be helpful but at this point I don’t think it’s easy for members to know.  A question as to why it’s in a topic is one thing, but some posts can come across as mockin

That's why a team of mods are needed as a single poster may not be able to determine that a specific post might be better elsewhere. A team of mods looking from the outside can. That's all I'm saying. Nothing wrong with post, just maybe a better fit elsewhere that's all I perceive it to be. Great thread this, I've learnt a lot and I have awesome references for my database now too.

9 hours ago, BLEmom said:

Lets think about this for few seconds... Is this really News topic or topic that relates to GT, A-Day and PS? 

And lets think about another aspect for 20 seconds more 😉... daily there are countless headlines on the news that somehow fit the topic therefore it good to be selective when posting.

I have refrained from posting following subjects for example:

IDF confirms deployment of search and rescue battalions in major Israeli cities to prepare for potential Iranian, Hezbollah attacks. https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-813626

Putin asks Iran to avoid civilian casualties in Israel response, sources say

Putin advised Iran to avoid attacks on Israeli civilians in response to Hamas leader Haniyeh's killing, while Iran seeks Sukhoi jets and advanced defense systems. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-813514

Erdoğan pledges Türkiye as peace guarantor in Mideast https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/erdogan-pledges-turkiye-as-peace-guarantor-in-mideast-199233

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 8/5/2024 at 2:09 PM, Tortuga said:

Actually the end of the world is "d"

"D" is the start of:

Doom

Destruction

Demolition

Disassemble

Devastation

Death

Dead

Dissolving

Disintergrating

Disrupting

Downfall

Demise

Deceased

Dissolution

Division

Disunion

Detachment

Dividing

Disparting

Disseverence

Disaster

Destiny

Dying

Thread ideas:

-Sign of the Times

-King of the North vs King of the South

-Nation Will Rise Against Nation

-Pangs of Distress

I love this thread, but I agree it can be a little random. Maybe if we started a new thread that can house some of these random topics we can keep this one more on theme.

13 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Thread ideas:

-Sign of the Times

-King of the North vs King of the South

-Nation Will Rise Against Nation

-Pangs of Distress

I love this thread, but I agree it can be a little random. Maybe if we started a new thread that can house some of these random topics we can keep this one more on theme.

Pangs of distress will be merged with signs of the Times as that IS one of the signs. As is Nation rising against Nation ... so there's one thread.

KON AND KOS ... is a sign too ... so why don't we do a thread that describes all of these ... like ... let's see ...Pre-Tribulation could be the Twin to this one.

Glitch on that idea is ... all of the things on your list have happened or are happening. P&S AND the GT haven't... and it's imperative that we stay awake to those things that will happen in the very near future.

Edited by Ahuvah

8 minutes ago, Ahuvah said:

Pangs of distress will be merged with signs of the Times as that IS one of the signs. As is Nation rising against Nation ... so there's one thread.

KON AND KOS ... is a sign too ... so why don't we do a thread that describes all of these ... like ... let's see ...Pre-Tribulation could be the Twin to this one.

Yes, I'm definitely not saying to make all of them,😅 maybe just one as an umbrella for a variety of topics.

"Sign of the Times"

"The Last Days"

"Sighing and Groaning"

Something that can include the stock market. 😁

13 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Yes, I'm definitely not saying to make all of them,😅 maybe just one as an umbrella for a variety of topics.

"Sign of the Times"

"The Last Days"

"Sighing and Groaning"

Something that can include the stock market. 😁

Just a thought - The idea of a forum for JWs all around the world is for them to meet and encourage one another. Is sharing every negative story you can find really the way to do that? Do we really need more places to share negative things. How about just go to FoxNews or MSNBC? OR even better Facebook!

Has anyone seen anything positive lately - anything that actually makes you feel more secure or peaceful - so much so that you could be distracted - you know like the thread title "Peace and Security" OR maybe we just rename this thread "Chaos and Doom"? Then these posts would all make more sense.  😉

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

Just a thought - The idea of a forum for JWs all around the world is for them to meet and encourage one another. Is sharing every negative story you can find really the way to do that? Do we really need more places to share negative things. How about just go to FoxNews or MSNBC? OR even better Facebook!

Has anyone seen anything positive lately - anything that actually makes you feel more secure or peaceful - so much so that you could be distracted - you know like the thread title "Peace and Security" OR maybe we just rename this thread "Chaos and Doom"? Then these posts would all make more sense.  😉

I really appreciated the information in the Update and the Broadcast for this month. Both of them had good reminders that focusing on world events and establishing a date in our mind would be frustrating. They encouraged us to focus on positive things. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D