JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

18 hours ago, Keep Fighting said:

Here we go again making this thread about a thread we alerady have.
Can we go back to the topic please? 😄🙃

O yes please...as this thread became a jungle of topics! I am thinking of bringing Board game discussion here ...LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

O yes please...as this thread became a jungle of topics! I am thinking of bringing Board game discussion here ...LOL :lol1:

Good call!

I’m intrigued if someone made a board game that is about living a Christian life and the game ends at Armageddon. To win you must be counted as sheep when this time arrives.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

2 hours ago, Michał said:

Good call!

I’m intrigued if someone made a board game that is about living a Christian life and the game ends at Armageddon. To win you must be counted as sheep when this time arrives.

Some years ago, I modified a "Hasbro Game of Life" board to do exactly that :D 
It was very nice, I even modifed the image with some caleb and sofia stuff.
I lost the file unfortunately.

On 8/11/2024 at 12:46 AM, Ahuvah said:

A question please.

When the notation of whether a publisher is Anointed or the OS ... in the case of an Anointed, is there also a date included of when they first partook? If they were simply counting all the Anointed as partakers, it wouldn't automatically mean they are of that overlapped generation especially if it's been a recent anointing. Or is it their baptism date that indicates this?

No, there is no notation like that.

Thinking of the possibility of using the baptism date – many don’t start partaking right after baptism. This is ESPECIALLY true of those before 1992 as we were taught at the time that Jehovah stopped picking new anointed ones in 1935; so, any picked after that would be extremely rare. Of course we have changed since then and understand the reasonableness of Jehovah continuing to select ones all the way up until the Great Tribulation when ALL the anointed will be sealed.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 8/10/2024 at 7:53 PM, Doug said:

Respectfully, brothers, you're questioning, but not offering an alternative explanation for the reason Jesus gave the prophesy,  the reason the anointed are today still counted and reported, the reason our publisher cards indicate our hope, nor the reason Br. Splane went to great lengths to explain 1992 in the September 2015 broadcast, followed by Br. Flodin also in 2015.

It seems Jesus gave the answer to why he gave that prophecy. He stated, "ALL these things must happen in a generation". This lets us know - the time of the end would be a short time in comparison to the time humans have been around experiencing just some of these things. 

BUT, he also cautioned that we would NOT be able to use this to CALCULATE the date – only that it was “near” (24: 33) NOT the date (24: 36).

AS was shown in the update and referenced here a few times about the overlapping generation – that still puts the possibility of the end being as late as 2055 OR SOONER - as he said BEFORE they are gone. No, I can see no way that the GB are tracking this, and I can see no reason for them to. We already know the end is "near", but no human can know exactly how near.

Here is a little note on how I came to 2055 - without adding yet another topic to this topic. We can go to the September broadcast topic where this came up.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

52 minutes ago, trottigy said:

It seems Jesus gave the answer to why he gave that prophecy. He stated, "ALL these things must happen in a generation". This lets us know - the time of the end would be a short time in comparison to the time humans have been around experiencing just some of these things. 

Agreed.  But he was referring to a specific generation, not merely a short timeframe.

So, here's an illustration:  If I hire you to build me a house, and you give me an iron-clad guarantee it will be done before winter arrives, would you not keep one eye on the project and one eye on the calendar?

But, "before winter" is a little ambiguous.  No one knows from one year to the next exactly when winter weather will start.

Likewise, Jesus said this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen.  Yes, the end will come before the generation is entirely gone.  But we don't know how many there will be left, just like the builder doesn't know exactly when the winter weather will start.

So, because Jesus said it will all happen within a specific generation, or before that generation has passed, it seems very rational to me that we would keep one eye on the sign of the last days and one eye on the remainder of that generation.

What Jesus said does not enable us to calculate the start of the GT because it will happen before.

2 hours ago, trottigy said:

No, there is no notation like that.

Thinking of the possibility of using the baptism date – many don’t start partaking right after baptism. This is ESPECIALLY true of those before 1992 as we were taught at the time that Jehovah stopped picking new anointed ones in 1935; so, any picked after that would be extremely rare. Of course we have changed since then and understand the reasonableness of Jehovah continuing to select ones all the way up until the Great Tribulation when ALL the anointed will be sealed.

That was my point. I was thinking of a friend of mine who has had a recent anointing ... so I knew just because it says Anointed on her card doesn't mean she's of that overlapping generation. Thank you for your clear answer.  

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

9 hours ago, Ahuvah said:

That was my point. I was thinking of a friend of mine who has had a recent anointing ... so I knew just because it says Anointed on her card doesn't mean she's of that overlapping generation. Thank you for your clear answer.  

Annointed and partakers have different perpectives. All Annointed are partakers but not all partakers are annointed. 

23 minutes ago, Richie said:

Annointed and partakers have different perpectives. All Annointed are partakers but not all partakers are annointed. 

Yup this we know.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

57 minutes ago, Richie said:

34 minutes ago, Ahuvah said:

Yup this we know.

My question was solely based on the administrative aspect in relation to a previous post about notations on cards, sorry if you got confused.

Edited by Ahuvah

17 hours ago, trottigy said:

BUT, he also cautioned that we would NOT be able to use this to CALCULATE the date – only that it was “near” (24: 33) NOT the date (24: 36).

AS was shown in the update and referenced here a few times about the overlapping generation – that still puts the possibility of the end being as late as 2055 OR SOONER - as he said BEFORE they are gone. No, I can see no way that the GB are tracking this, and I can see no reason for them to. We already know the end is "near", but no human can know exactly how near.

Here is a little note on how I came to 2055 - without adding yet another topic to this topic. We can go to the September broadcast topic where this came up.

If you’re right and it’s close to 2055 then do events today matter really? World leaders to will have died…

38 minutes ago, Sackedbysapp said:

If you’re right and it’s close to 2055 then do events today matter really? World leaders to will have died…

Careful you don't take it too far. He didn't say he predicted the end to come in 2055, just that it's not likely to continue beyond that point, in his opinion. The GT could still start this year, we don't know.

44 minutes ago, Sackedbysapp said:

In 2055 (if the end does not come earlier) I will be in Jehovah’s memory awaiting resurrection. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

13 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

Interesting, Newton said the end will come before 2060, but using a different method. 

In 2060 most likely I will be already resurrected making silly donut jokes… LOL 😂 :lol1:

On 8/5/2024 at 3:05 PM, Dhanyel said:

Global stock markets end the day sharply lower

https://edition.cnn.com/business/live-news/global-stock-markets-plunge/index.html

Stocks around the world tumble as fears about a US economic slowdown send shockwaves through global markets

The stock market continues to recover.

Stock market today: S&P 500, Nasdaq jump higher as key inflation data comes in cool (yahoo.com)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D