JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

15 hours ago, Ahuvah said:

Want me to liven it up???? Hmmmm?

Grabbed a bag of chips crunching with excitement... :popcorn: And, because why not, a couple of donuts to seal the deal... But, just as I was about to devour it all, I realized the punchline: your post was a masterclass in humor, not a serious affair! :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

https://readwrite.com/nearly-27-billion-personal-records-surface-on-hacking-forum-in-massive-data-breach/

Everybody's socials getting hacked just before the election.  I'm sure it's just a coincidence.  No one will use that info to try to fake voters.  :whistling:

Its hard to imagine the US surviving the elections without a civil war breaking out.  The amount of "anger bait" out there will ensure it happens....

6 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

https://readwrite.com/nearly-27-billion-personal-records-surface-on-hacking-forum-in-massive-data-breach/

Everybody's socials getting hacked just before the election.  I'm sure it's just a coincidence.  No one will use that info to try to fake voters.  :whistling:

Its hard to imagine the US surviving the elections without a civil war breaking out.  The amount of "anger bait" out there will ensure it happens....

And the credit lock/freeze system isn't all "that" great.

A freeze is federally backed and free. But takes 2-3 days so... YMMV. But they're good for as long as the government runs.

A lock is not federally backed and through the credit bureau’s of Experian, Transunion, and EquiFax. They charge for locks and they're instant. But! Are only good as long as you're paying member. The memberships run $20/mon+ per bureau. 

Do you want to go broke locking your credit?

They'll have to do something balanced. I can see it raising issues for people needing emergent things.

Someone died and I need a loan and have to wait 2-3 days for whatever to get help? I don't know making something up. But it could get ugly.

15 minutes ago, chuck83 said:

A freeze is federally backed and free. But takes 2-3 days so... YMMV. But they're good for as long as the government runs.

I keep my stuff frozen.  Every time I need it, I unfreeze it just before, and in minutes I have what I need.

On the flip side, not sure if freezing it takes effect immediately.  Never tested that.  But I have yet to have any issues....

Data breaches are everywhere these days.  With each one I'm involved in, I get free monitoring for a year.  I have yet to have to spend any money to monitor or lock my stuff....

20 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

I keep my stuff frozen.  Every time I need it, I unfreeze it just before, and in minutes I have what I need.

On the flip side, not sure if freezing it takes effect immediately.  Never tested that.  But I have yet to have any issues....

Data breaches are everywhere these days.  With each one I'm involved in, I get free monitoring for a year.  I have yet to have to spend any money to monitor or lock my stuff....

Ahh just confirmed. You must call to have a freeze added and lifted with in 1 hour. That is the requirement for all 3 bureaus... 1 hour if called.

2 hours ago, computerwiz said:

I think most US citizens are too lazy to fight and for the few that are many of those would stop as soon as it cost them money or pain - IMO.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

4 hours ago, computerwiz said:

Civil war our not. Now my house is surrounded by Hotchkiss guns. Nobody will not get near my chocolate. 

My daughter who isn't a JW said to me  "Mom? I've been reading a lot of comments on social media about Kamala Harris.  It seems like people are at peace with her.  They feel safe, happy and secure with her running for President."   

Very interesting. 

Of course, I changed the subject.    

58 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

I thought it was a baseball expression.  LOL Good point though.

A baseball is larger and moving toward you, compared to a small golf ball on the ground that isn't moving. The baseball analogy has more impact, so to speak...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

A baseball is larger and moving toward you, compared to a small golf ball on the ground that isn't moving. The baseball analogy has more impact, so to speak...:whistling:

But a cricket ball is harder ... just saying.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Buckle Up !!!!

"The Ukrainian parliament has approved a law that would allow authorities to ban the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC), which Kiev has repeatedly accused of having ties to Russia.  The legislation also outright bans the Russian Orthodox Church and all affiliated religious institutions."

Source: RT

40 minutes ago, Doug said:

Buckle Up !!!!

"The Ukrainian parliament has approved a law that would allow authorities to ban the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC), which Kiev has repeatedly accused of having ties to Russia.  The legislation also outright bans the Russian Orthodox Church and all affiliated religious institutions."

Source: RT

It's a prank!