JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

10 hours ago, Sofia said:

Netanyahu addressing the Iranian people:

it’s a very interesting speech

talks about cooperation between both countries to promote world peace and prosperity 

blames the “theocratic” regime

incites Iranians to do something about it

finally he says that it won’t last for long

Is Iran regime near its end?

If he was trying to stop a war, it doesn't appear to have worked...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

34 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

If he was trying to stop a war, it doesn't appear to have worked...

I didn't hear anything about preventing a war.  He said Israel has taken out the puppets.   It sounds like he's telling them, the Iranian people, that he's going to take out their fanatical religious leaders and liberate the folks.

The supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, has already gone into hiding.

50 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

Wouldn't this be the end of the human race?

Or would this war between Israel and Iran lead to the proclamation of peace and security, so long awaited by us Christians?

Personally, this is what I tend to believe and too bad if I am wrong: Israel will go all the way and perhaps all the terrorist organizations will be decapitated by its bellicose actions. Without the terrorist threat, we will then think that the world is entering a new era of peace and security. Perhaps this issue just has to do with terrorism. And to avoid any risk of recurrence: decapitation of the false religion in the process. And this is where the fireworks begin for us.

5 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

I am worried about our brothers there. Remembering that Bethel is in Tel Aviv. 🥺

all in bomb shelters

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

From my viewpoint (opinion) the GT is knocking on our doors.  Watching the news and from what I was listening to is that the US is weak.

So, in retrospect if we are the last world empire that should alert us to the nearness of the GT.

Also mentioned, that we are near ww3.  Much prophecies mixed in there together.  We don't know whats up or down but,

we do know that the Great Tribulation is pretty much clear in sight.

However this plays out and, play out it will maybe not in the order we believe because the scriptures do say that it will catch us all by surprise.

I always thought that we could be looking at the right when in all reality its approaching from the left.

"We have seen a dramatic escalation – so dramatic that I wonder what remains of the framework this Council established with resolution 1701." - UN Secretary-General tells Security Council 02/10/2024.

Interesting to see such worsening developments after years of the UN being regarded weak. I wonder if it leads to the begining of UN's strengthening and become instrumental in destruction of BTG or just another failure of human rule but not to be alarmed. NB:Speculative comment

49 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

Amidst the conflicts of this world, let us remember a heartwarming video.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/events/video-special-convention-israel/

Thank you, brother Cristino. Wonderful reminder. We can't even say who is the Jew who us the Arab, it's obvious that they are brothers. May the Kingdom come to everyone!

5 hours ago, cme said:

From my viewpoint (opinion) the GT is knocking on our doors.  Watching the news and from what I was listening to is that the US is weak.

However this plays out and,  it will maybe not in the order we believe because the scriptures do say that it will catch us all by surprise.

It will catch us by surprise either due to how the domino's fall (as expected? or not) or due to the suddenness that we never imagined.

Or both.  :scared:

25 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Interesting comment by JD Vance.

He was talking about how Donald brought peace & security all over the world when he was in office....  🤔

In contrast against the current situation, of course.   It was a relative peace & security when compared with today's conflagrations.

It's like when we talk about the good old days.  From our current perspective, things seemed soo much better then.   But, then, we may not have thought it was so great.

Still, we can chalk-up another politician say "Peace & Security"  (tu)

2 hours ago, Áine said:

Do you know brothers and sisters there, have they told you?

Yes. Some I have talked. I also read on X from a source connected to military that each israelite has space enough to hide in a shelter.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, computerwiz said:

Interesting comment by JD Vance.

image.thumb.png.8a741c187b2a63c632ac74f7672ee758.png

He was talking about how Donald brought peace & security all over the world when he was in office....  🤔

So we are now in the sudden destruction after Biden replaced Trump ? :D make sense