JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

I think I need to step up my ministry instead of getting angry of this system. 

Me too. My relatives too need "return visits". I think of Jesus' words (in application to myself) on "giving gift's of mercy". (Luke 11:31a) We've all been dealt very patiently by Jehovah—mercifully patient. So we should all keep "paying it forward" until Jehovah says it is enough.

Edited by just1-4all

Better English, better said.
“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

2 hours ago, Loyal said:

What’s New about the UN’s New Agenda for Peace?

https://www.crisisgroup.org/global/whats-new-about-uns-new-agenda-peace

UN has shifted from a peace keeping organization into a humanitarian causes organization.

UNSC is now powerless 

weak

untill it gains more strength in the near future.

G7 and UE on the other hand has shifted from economic aliances into peace and security institutions 

NATO is not a governmental alliance but is now involved in a serious conflict to avoid it becomes worldwide. 

yes like Paul fortold: the scene of this World is definitely changing.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 8/14/2023 at 5:01 AM, GeordieGirl said:

Thought I would go and see what our literature said about Magog and Rosh from a secular viewpoint.

Magog: From the time of the Jewish historian Josephus, it has been suggested that “the land of Magog” related to the Scythian tribes found in NE Europe and Central Asia. (Jewish Antiquities, I, 123 [vi, 1]) 
Classical writers of Greek and Roman times described the Scythians as northern barbarians, rapacious and warlike .....
.... the 1959 edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica (Vol. 20, p. 235) states that “throughout classical literature Scythia generally meant all regions to the north and northeast of the Black sea ....

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002836

Rosh: 2. A name found in some translations of Ezekiel 38:2 and 39:1 (AS, JB, Le, LXX, Mo, Yg, Ro), viewed by some scholars as designating a northern people called Rus (Russian), who are said to have lived along the Volga River. In view of the meaning of the term and its application to Gog, however, it is appropriately translated as part of a title rather than the name of a people or a place: thus, “head chieftain” (NW); “chief prince” (KJ, Dy, Fn, JP, RS); “great prince” (AT); “prince of the head” and “head prince” (Vg); “leader and head” (Sy); “head great one” (Targums).

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003765

Exactly what I always read. The secular biblehub online also explains it.

it’s interesting that Gog has the same root as Agag (vulgar name/title given to Amalekites’ kings)

Interesting how Jehovah has promoted this people s extinction due to their hate/persecution towards israelites.

interesting that the last amalekite mentioned on the scriptures is Hamam (the agagite or descendant from Agag). He used a secret plot to frame the Jews. Just like Gog is mentioned in Ezequiel to do the same method to frame God s people.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, JennyM said:

I saw them last week in Philippines. 1 young white guy and 1 asian in their late 20s.

I have not seen them for a while too. I witness to a women yesterday who was from Yemen and a Muslim too. She never heard of JW’s.  We we talk a while. I think she was surprised that  I talk to her because I think the people around her can care less who she and her kids are. I told her  I talk to to all foreigners. She lives in Dearborn, MI where a large community of Arabs and Muslims live at. She told me a large amount of Pakistanis live there. Plus, I learn she spoke Pakistani Arabic and I copy some info on JW.org in that language and gave it to her.

7 hours ago, Hotteok said:

It’s surreally long. Could someone summarize?

Sure -

The UN Secretary-General has drafted a lengthy report about how world leaders can address looming global challenges. The document covers a remarkable range of topics, from peacekeeping missions and women’s rights to climate change and cyber-security.

Basically - nothing is new. I lot more suggestions of things that wont be followed through on leading to the same result as the last few decades.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

25 minutes ago, Loyal said:

What country could be like new UN Teeth?

Que você quis dizer meu irmão?

2 hours ago, Loyal said:

The translation wasn't good, the UN needs to be strengthened like teeth, who would that fortress be, any country or nation? a plan or a resolution?

The nations will not give it "teeth" to force peace.

The UN receives its power from the nations that are part of it. It does not become a world power on its own.

The nations will give the UN "teeth" for a SINGLE PURPOSE - to destroy Babylon the Great. It will not have enough power to destroy any of the nations that "give it power" or force or enforce any type of "peace and security".

This "giving it teeth" happens "immediately" after the prophecy at 1 Thess 5:3 is fulfilled with the "saying of Peace and Security". It might even be so "immediate" that the 2 things feel combined together. 

We don’t need to watch what is going on at the UN to see signs of any of this ahead of time. We will NOT find a hint of it. It will be swift and unexpected – according to 1 Thess 5:3 (also see this week’s Watchtower).

Stay close to Jehovah and his organization and just be ready any day - just like this week's Watchtower encourages us.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

3 hours ago, Loyal said:

The translation wasn't good, the UN needs to be strengthened like teeth, who would that fortress be, any country or nation? a plan or a resolution?

Most certainly from de general assembly of 193 members

2 hours ago, Loyal said:

The meeting of the un general assembly is coming, who knows this year will bring news 

Every year the UNGA opens up

their new session in September 

The 77th ends and the 78th starts

Always celebrating the international day of peace on September 21

Nothing is new

But we can expect this year more efforts towards ending the Ukrainian conflict because EVERY nation is tired of it.

2024 brings elections to both KOTN and KOTS 

both parts hopefully want all settled before that. The conflict is hurting everyone 

Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin listed amongst passengers on board plane that crashed, says Russian state media                                                                       https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/23/europe/russia-wagner-prigozhin-plane-crash-intl/index.html

This is very strange and could cause an upheaval 

6 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Wow. It will be interesting to see how his group reacts...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin listed amongst passengers on board plane that crashed, says Russian state media                                                                       https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/23/europe/russia-wagner-prigozhin-plane-crash-intl/index.html

The Orthodox priest story I just posted pales of course. This one is quite big. 

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb