JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

We ve been had previous articles on Jw.org and watchtower covers about governments corruption:

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2015002&srcid=share

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=501100037&srcid=share

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 9/22/2023 at 1:51 AM, GeordieGirl said:

Sorry to go back to the 'frogs and propoganda topic' but this is a great Morning Worship from Brother David Schafer that is worth watching.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwb_201802_12_VIDEO

Hi 👋 sorry , been busy,

Yes this is a great morning worship, from 2018 I believe, looking at the reference.

5 years ago already!

Looking ahead to the frog propaganda back then...

We'll know it as it reveals itself, as with all prophesy we don't really understand it until afterwards. really important not to be dogmatic that what's happening now is OR isn't relevant...coz that would be super presumptuous. None the less I still hold by watch watch watch 👀

I haven't seen this reiterated in any publications which would be very helpful (Have i missed it?) The thought that is additional to the Revelation book is that the frog propaganda come to a head after the destruction of BTG, which I guess is why @New World Explorer says this...

22 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Yes, my understanding of the "frogs" is based on that. 

Those future expressions will be very pronounced and unique ..and those expressions are still in the future. (also there is possibly some signs/miracles will be associated with those frog like expressions) 

The lies and everyday propaganda that we see today in a political system are just small prelude of it. 

The small prelude comment is interesting and I will ponder more on it as I do have thoughts on just how small a prelude we are currently experiencing...but I won't voice them here 🤣

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts everyone.

Proverbs 15:22

27 minutes ago, Frances Bennett said:

The thought that is additional to the Revelation book is that the frog propaganda come to a head after the destruction of BTG

Nope I'm wrong on this...listened again...I just surmised it.

He speaks of BTG being destroyed them a period of respite where people seek refuge in human establishment, then our preaching changes, then Gog...

So as the frogs lead the nations to Armageddon I assumed he meant the frogs were in this respite period...but he didn't actually say it, could be frogs are before destruction of BTG and then continue through respite period 🤔

Thoughts anyone?

5 hours ago, Frances Bennett said:

So as the frogs lead the nations to Armageddon I assumed he meant the frogs were in this respite period...but he didn't actually say it, could be frogs are before destruction of BTG and then continue through respite period 🤔

Thoughts anyone?

No rest for the wicked.

My understanding is that the propaganda is currently happening and will continue until Armageddon. 

I can’t think of a reason why it would stop before armageddon. We see it now. The source of the propaganda, Satan and the  nations are not bringing anyone to Jehovahs side...but away from him. That is the purpose of the frog-like propaganda. So I can't see it stopping before Jehovah stops it for good.

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

7 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

No rest for the wicked.

My understanding is that the propaganda is currently happening and will continue until Armageddon. 

I can’t think of a reason why it would stop before armageddon. We see it now. The source of the propaganda, Satan and the  nations are not bringing anyone to Jehovahs side...but away from him. That is the purpose of the frog-like propaganda. So I can't see it stopping before Jehovah stops it for good.

Makes sense...so the froglike propaganda has started and will continue until Armageddon 👍

So...👀👀👀

56 minutes ago, Frances Bennett said:

Makes sense...so the froglike propaganda has started and will continue until Armageddon 👍

So...👀👀👀

Yes, and that False Prophet is the Anglo-American Power too. Revelation 16:13

Edited by Dustparticle

52 minutes ago, Frances Bennett said:

So...👀👀👀

Lets explore the subject further. 
If the frog like propaganda is already happening, what is its purpose and it’s massage? Or format?  Because as we know during the GT the frog like propaganda will have ultimate goal to gather ALL nations to fight against Jehovah. What is the difference between now and future? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

If the frog like propaganda is already happening, what is its purpose and it’s massage? Or format?  Because as we know during the GT the frog like propaganda will have ultimate goal to gather ALL nations to fight against Jehovah. What is the difference between now and future? 

We will just to have to wait and see and it will be interesting too.

Edited by Dustparticle

30 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Its purpose is to draw people away from Jehovah and gather them in opposition to him whether deliberately or inadvertently. Someone talked about gender bending issues. All of this is designed to proclaim that there is no God, and if there is no God, why subject oneself to a God that doesn't exist and his rigid rules? The idea is: we don't know Jehovah so we are not going to submit to his rule. Please read Psalm 2 and compare with Revelation 16:13-16. The nations (including people of the nations) are already being gathered to the situation that will culminate at the battle of Armageddon. Jehovah comes to destroy all who show that they have already taken their stand against his rule and that of his Son. So yes, I heartily agree that the frog-like message inspired by the demons, is already being propagated and people are already showing whose side they are on. 

Edited by truce

Grammar Adjustment

5 minutes ago, truce said:

It's purpose is to draw people away from Jehovah and gather them in opposition to him whether deliberately or inadvertently. Someone talked about gender bending issues. All of this is designed to proclaim that there is no God, and if there is no God, why subject oneself to a God that doesn't exist and his rigid rules. The idea is: we don't know Jehovah so we are not going to submit to his rule. Please read Psalm 2 and compare with Revelation 16:13-16. The nations (including people of the nations) are already being gathered to the situation that will culminate at the battle of Armageddon. Jehovah comes to destroy all who show that they have already taken their stand against his rule and that of his Son. So yes, I heartily agree that the frog-like message inspired by the demons, is already being propagated and people are already showing whose side they are on. 

One of its propaganda in 2024, the Anglo-American Power want us to get out and vote. My voting is for Jesus, the ruler of God’s Kingdom. Revelation 11:15 & Acts 17:7.

Edited by Dustparticle

Rev 16:13-16  Research guide quotes WT Feb 15 2009:

“Unclean inspired expressions” symbolize demonic propaganda intended to ensure that the kings of the earth are not swayed by the pouring out of the seven bowls of God’s anger but instead are maneuvered into opposition to Jehovah.—Matt. 24:42, 44.

Other older publications in the Research guide indicate that these froglike inspired expressions have been ongoing since 1914, with such themes as:

”So the demon-inspired froglike expressions out of their mouths go on, about worship of the State, about national sovereignty, about materialism, about world peace and security through the United Nations.” WT Nov 1 1976 par 11.

These older, but still relevant, publications speak of “their froggy propaganda and their hostility to the witnesses of Jehovah”.

And it makes sense that this will ramp up exponentially when they believe they have eradicated religion forever, and we are still there. Because, as the old WT said, we “will never make us worship anyone or anything else as God, or make us renounce his universal sovereignty or stop seeking first the precious things of his Messianic kingdom.”

The latest information (I believe) in Bro Schafer’s talk mentioned earlier, informed us that Rev 16:15 is not just a “sidebar”. Those garments are our identity, now and especially for in the future when we are seen as fodder for Gog of Magog. We are exhorted to stay awake now, establish our Christian identity (preaching, meetings, personal study, acts of Godly devotion). And that must be done now, way before Gog attacks us right before Armageddon.

I guess the last froggy propaganda out of those unholy mouths will be “Attack JWs!”….before they get swotted out of existence by Jehovah.

I was wondering why frogs in particular were used to describe the unclean expressions, and not some other creature.

I found this sentence under 'Frog' in it-1:

At Revelation 16:13 “unclean inspired expressions” are likened to frogs. This is appropriate, inasmuch as frogs were unclean for food according to the Mosaic Law.—Le 11:12. (bold is mine).

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

10 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Perhaps the propaganda ties in with the mark of the beast.

We know that we will be put under compulsion to take the mark of the beast and we know that taking it will put us in opposition to Jehovah.

More and more I'm seeing that people are ostracised and 'cancelled' if they don't go along with things like LGBTQ, or other politically driven narratives.

So the it makes sense to me that the propaganda will be coercing, manipulating and pressuring people into things, with threats of punitive action if you don't comply...those people include the kings of the entire inhabited earth.

Just pondering here...no fully formed thoughts :)

The thing is the frog like propaganda has started.  Everything else will now follow just as Jehovah has said.  So, we are that much closer to the GT as we see prophecies being fulfilled right before our eyes.  Peace and security in the middle east is now be discussed.  Never in years past or in the present would that have been feasible.

Exciting times indeed!

Edited by cme

4 minutes ago, cme said:

It was on the news last night and the night before.  Peace is being discussed in the Middle East.

This is going on since 1967 (56 years) 

Resolution 242 was passed on 22 November 1967 and embodies the principle that has guided most of the subsequent peace plans - the exchange of land for peace.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Sure, but now in the end times.....since we are following prophecies and are expecting the cry of Peace and Security this time it could be the very one we are expecting.  It could lead to the cry the bible has been saying.

All in all, we will take a waiting attitude.

Just because it has been going on for 56 years at some point it has to be the one we have been expecting.  Otherwise, will we believe it when they do make the cry of Peace and Security just because it has been ongoing for 56 years??

Edited by cme

Besides just because the Resolution was passed on November 22, 1967 the Middle East has always been at war.  So which cry of peace and security will be the one we are expecting?

At some point it has to fulfill bible prophecies.  Again, because we are at the end times this discussion could be meaningful.  Again....we take a wait and see attitude.

This World can continue much longer the way it is

Humans under Satan rulership have ruined themselves and the Earth.

Everyone wishes to achieve the 17 SDG UN has set up to 2030

But nobody wishes to comply 

If Jehovah doesn’t intervene we are doomed. And it won’t be very further in the future

calamities and economic issues along with health deteriorating is leading all of us to doom.

GT must be very soon

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

This World can continue much longer the way it is

Humans under Satan rulership have ruined themselves and the Earth.

Everyone wishes to achieve the 17 SDG UN has set up to 2030

But nobody wishes to comply 

If Jehovah doesn’t intervene we are doomed. And it won’t be very further in the future

calamities and economic issues along with health deteriorating is leading all of us to doom.

GT must be very soon

This comment has been playing on my mind for the last few hours.

Given that the UN is the scarlet coloured wild beast it almost sounds like what you're saying is that if only humans obeyed the scarlet coloured wild beast and it's (sustainability) agenda we could save ourselves, but we won't because we are too selfish, so thank goodness we have Jehovah.

I'm sure that's can't be what you think @Sofia but I do think that many in the world absolutely think along these lines!

Makes me think of this:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/scarlet-beast-of-revelation-17/

The statement in the article that the "UN actually dishonors God by claiming to do what he has said only his Kingdom will accomplish" is happening right now and everyone is buying in to it as valid.

Screenshot_20230924-170537_Chrome.jpg