JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

4 hours ago, BLEmom said:

The whole thing with Israel being caught so off guard despite normally having such great intelligence, reminds me of Babylon when they got their surprise attack by the Medes. 

Not only that, but Israel used up a substantial amount of Iron Dome missiles.  Now they need to restock.  Where do they get their missiles?   USA?

2 hours ago, Old said:

Are you saying that Jehovah is actively involved in Satan's rule?

Nope, nada, not ever

Jerry, it awful that you would even suggest such a thing. Sad MB.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

10 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Nope, nada, not ever

Jerry, it awful that you would even suggest such a thing. Sad MB.

I understood what you meant. Jehovah did allow it to happen, he allows all of the suffering we experience today! it doesn’t mean he causes any of it. We know the world is in Satan’s control. 

Isn’t it funny the war started on the same day as the AM. I think it’s Satan trying to distract us, think that peace and security must be soooo far off because look! Another war! We must keep ready because it can happen at any time. 

Edited by Luisabola

4 hours ago, Luisabola said:

Eu entendi o que você quis dizer. Jeová permitiu que isso acontecesse, ele permite todo o sofrimento que enfrentamos hoje! isso não significa que ele causa nada disso. Sabemos que o mundo está sob o controle de Satanás. 

Não é engraçado que a guerra começou no mesmo dia que o AM. Acho que é Satanás tentando nos distrair, acho que a paz e a segurança devem estar muuuito longe porque olha! Outra guerra! Devemos estar preparados porque isso pode acontecer a qualquer momento. 

Thanks for clarifying, wise words! When we don't speak the same language it becomes difficult to understand accurately. 

I think if we remember that the UN finds their teeth in order to call P&S ... this new conflict wouldn't surprise me if it escalates to the point prophecy is fulfilled. It's not just a 2 country conflict. It's involves many nations ... the least being allies of Israel, but considering many killed are from other countries.  Already protests are turning violent in Sydney New York London, Chicago, South California to name a few.

The FDS has mentioned that religion MAY be part of the process. This certainly may be the catalyst to scriptural fulfillment... but as always we cannot be dogmatic about it and as the FDS has said, fulfillment of prophecy is fluid and is often seen in hindsight. It's very likely we won't need to be told it's happening.

All options remain on the table until they aren't.  Time will tell.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

38 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

this new conflict wouldn't surprise me if it escalates to the point prophecy is fulfilled.

Escalation is still possible.

There are key players such as Iran and Hezbollah group.

In 2006, Israel and Hezbollah fought a war. The war went badly for Israel. It was fighting on mountainous terrain with which it was not familiar, and had badly underestimated the military capabilities of Hezbollah.

A subsequent formal review by Israel – the Winograd commission — found that Israel's military performance was disturbingly inadequate.

In military capability, Hezbollah dwarfs Hamas. Hezbollah militants have been instrumental in recent years in helping to prop up the embattled regime of Bashar al-Assad in Syria.

They are battle experienced and well trained and armed by Tehran.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-09/hamas-attack-israel-in-crisis-hezbollah-central-player/102951488

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

It was very encouraging to watch this video again in Israel, I want to share it with you 

Special Convention in Israel

See highlights of the 2012 special convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Israel.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/events/video-special-convention-israel/

Israel Country Report

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/Reports/pub-jwbrd_201505_9_VIDEO

Edited by Dhanyel

With names like Ashkelon and Ashdod being thrown around constantly in the news, I feel like I’m living in a Bible story.

”Special Report tonight: A plague of piles has broken out in Ashdod. Tune in as our reporter interviews the panicked Philistines”

Reference: insight book under Ashdod…and my warped sense of humor…

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, BLEmom said:

”Special Report tonight: A plague of piles has broken out in Ashdod. Tune in as our reporter interviews the panicked Philistines”

Ashdod was mentioned in the only reference to Sargon. Because of that single reference he was discounted as being fictitious or, in the case of James Ussher, another name for Sennacherib.

(Isaiah 20:1) 'In the year that King Sarʹgon of As·syrʹi·a sent the Tarʹtan to Ashʹdod, he fought against Ashʹdod and captured it.' After the discovery of his palace in 1843 Sargon became the best known of the Assyrian kings because his palace was abandoned by Sennacherib and not destroyed by their enemies. Sennacherib wrote him out of history. Is it any wonder secular history cannot be trusted!

Percy

3 hours ago, Stormswift said:

I think if we remember that the UN finds their teeth in order to call P&S ... this new conflict wouldn't surprise me if it escalates to the point prophecy is fulfilled. It's not just a 2 country conflict. It's involves many nations ... the least being allies of Israel, but considering many killed are from other countries.  Already protests are turning violent in Sydney New York London, Chicago, South California to name a few.

The FDS has mentioned that religion MAY be part of the process. This certainly may be the catalyst to scriptural fulfillment... but as always we cannot be dogmatic about it and as the FDS has said, fulfillment of prophecy is fluid and is often seen in hindsight. It's very likely we won't need to be told it's happening.

All options remain on the table until they aren't.  Time will tell.

As Samuel Herd says, "any day now."

With names like Ashkelon and Ashdod being thrown around constantly in the news, I feel like I’m living in a Bible story.

That's so true. It's like the old saying goes..." same game, different players". 😜😉

Zeph 2:4,5 🤔

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 10/7/2023 at 1:36 PM, Hotteok said:

The world needs a one world government backed by UN with power strong enough to end all conflicts starting from removing religion that seems to be the root of every problem.

You mentioned something interesting, and I see maybe this Israel Palestine conflict leading to something. Since it's Jews versus Islamists. But something missing from this puzzle is that both Jews and Muslims have a lot of power. Just a miracle (that will occur) to put an end to false religions.

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

The world has for many years had this thorn in their side.  "Isis" and radicals from the middle east.  I believe that they are fed up and are all going in to eradicate these terrorists.

If it is done, then there could be the possibility of the cry of "peace and security".  Following that cry could be the destruction of false religion since it is extremist religion that is the culprit here.

We will wait.  This could be the start of something.

Does anyone want to guess where the next war will start?

Here is an interesting article.

https://www.crisisgroup.org/visual-explainers/10-conflicts-2023/

😳

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Does anyone want to guess where the next war will start?

Here is an interesting article.

https://www.crisisgroup.org/visual-explainers/10-conflicts-2023/

😳

Rússian  federation is behind most of them…

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

24 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Rússian  federation is behind most of them…

Sadly, according to my recent research, it's true. They want to cause distraction so they can sneak around and do what they want to whom they want. When you talk about being a King of the North they are really filling those shoes.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

China wants to be a peace broker in the Middle East. How has it responded to the Israel-Gaza war?

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/11/china/china-response-israel-hamas-war-intl-hnk/index.html

Observation : A part of the report says....despite official propaganda talking up China as the world’s new peacemaker

4 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

China wants to be a peace broker in the Middle East. How has it responded to the Israel-Gaza war?

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/11/china/china-response-israel-hamas-war-intl-hnk/index.html

Observation : A part of the report says....despite official propaganda talking up China as the world’s new peacemaker

Vladimir Putin too

all of sudden both want to become diplomatic heroes