JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

6 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Dear brother, I have no idea where you driving the point? Yes,  hour reporting is no longer required for publishers, but Jenny was referring to pioneers. (50h) 

Thanks for correction.

By the way, just want to clarify that reporting of hours of non pioneers went to remarkable contribution and fulfillment of Mat 24:14. This verse is a prophecy that must be fullfilled and accomplished according to time.  Now, all non pioneers will render their service to Jehovah must be out of love, that is part of 1st commandment.

Since thing is already accomplished. No extra pressure to be set upon the shoulder of every publishers by aiming the national average. 

23 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Dear brother, I have no idea where you driving the point? Yes,  hour reporting is no longer required for publishers, but Jenny was referring to pioneers. (50h) 

Thanks for correction. 

Just want to clarify that reporting of hours by publishers before made a remarkable fulfillment of Mat. 24:14. This prophecy must be fullfilled according to Jehovah’s timing. 

After it's accomplishment, rendering service must be according to 1st commanment means doing God's will must be according to love. 

Since then no extra pressure will be set to every publishers by aiming the national average hours. 

7 hours ago, mjcabz said:

En Inde, les vaches sont plus en sécurité que les femmes et les musulmans (msn.com)

Peut-être que cette information correspond à ce fil ?

La fausse religion doit cesser.

And these poor cows who asked for nothing and who put up with human stupidity... if they can still enjoy it a little by being queens, let them enjoy it!

I have a question: I may be wrong but many seem to say that the reporting of hours was ultimately experienced as a pressure... is that really it? Jehovah's Organization has always left us free, we have always done what we could. We just had goals to achieve, and they could be high, it's true, because Matthew 24:14 and 28:19-20 had to be fulfilled. But nothing and no one forced us, there was just a motive for all this, love for Jehovah. I don't see what has changed at this level. The fact that publishers no longer have to count the hours frees the mind more than the heart. We no longer have to count, to worry about when we start and when we finish. Some have said it wonderfully here: the feet are lighter, we whistle like in spring, it seems easier to us but I don't really understand why we can think that it is less heavy. And also we feel lighter because now we smell the Great Tribulation. Until then, we could believe that when we left the tunnel we could find ourselves facing a train that we had not seen coming but now we know, we see it with our eyes, at the exit of the tunnel it is the light of the New World that awaits us. No more train. And it's coming very soon, with the last AM the train driver activated the happy alarm for us. Let's be ready ! 

15 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

I have a question: I may be wrong but many seem to say that the reporting of hours was ultimately experienced as a pressure... is that really it? Jehovah's Organization has always left us free, we have always done what we could. We just had goals to achieve, and they could be high, it's true, because Matthew 24:14 and 28:19-20 had to be fulfilled. But nothing and no one forced us, there was just a motive for all this, love for Jehovah. I don't see what has changed at this level. The fact that publishers no longer have to count the hours frees the mind more than the heart. We no longer have to count, to worry about when we start and when we finish. Some have said it wonderfully here: the feet are lighter, we whistle like in spring, it seems easier to us but I don't really understand why we can think that it is less heavy. And also we feel lighter because now we smell the Great Tribulation. Until then, we could believe that when we left the tunnel we could find ourselves facing a train that we had not seen coming but now we know, we see it with our eyes, at the exit of the tunnel it is the light of the New World that awaits us. No more train. And it's coming very soon, with the last AM the train driver activated the happy alarm for us. Let's be ready ! 

We all already know why Jehovah obliged Israelites to follow~600 Mosaic laws even some of them felt as burden. They felt the pressure until they did not want it.

Mosaic law had accomplished its primary purpose, to protect the promised one. When promised one came, Mosaic law was abolished not because it was useless to Jehovah's purpose. But Mosaic law is remembered because it accomplished its purpose to protect the promised one from impurity and to prepare the Israelites for upcoming Messiah. 

Reported hours had completed its purposed, to measure the extent of preaching of good news and to ensure the fulfillment of Mat. 24:14. But when work reached its goal, everybody can say as what Paul said before his death, "... the good news reached the extremities of the earth". Though in reality he never met my ancestors lol. 

Neutrality is being tested: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/29/foreigners-entering-russia-could-be-forced-to-sign-loyalty-pledge

The draft law, which was first reported by the state news agency Tass, would require foreigners arriving in Russia to sign a document forbidding “hinderance of activities of state authorities of the Russian Federation, discrediting in any form the foreign and domestic state policy of the Russian Federation, public authorities and their officials”.

Only those foreigners who signed the document would be allowed into the country, the news agency said.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On the other hand: Kremlin confirms Putin is ready for war with West

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1840214/ukraine-war-live-russia-vladimir-putin-crimea-finland

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

22 minutes ago, Sofia said:

La neutralité est testée :  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/29/foreigners-entering-russia-could-be-forced-to-sign-loyalty-pledge

Le projet de loi, annoncé pour la première fois par l'agence de presse officielle Tass, exigerait que les étrangers arrivant en Russie signent un document interdisant « d'entraver les activités des autorités de l'État de la Fédération de Russie, discréditant sous quelque forme que ce soit la politique d'État étrangère et intérieure de la Russie ». Fédération de Russie, les autorités publiques et leurs fonctionnaires ».

Seuls les étrangers ayant signé le document seront autorisés à entrer dans le pays, a indiqué l'agence de presse.

Does this mean that no Jehovah's Witnesses from abroad can now visit or work in Russia?

21 minutes ago, Sofia said:

On the other hand: Kremlin confirms Putin is ready for war with West

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1840214/ukraine-war-live-russia-vladimir-putin-crimea-finland

That was probably from his interview for the newspaper Izvestia.

Other elements from the same interview were also published by RT in a piece called "Ukraine ceasefire unlikely in 2024 – Moscow"

https://www.rt.com/russia/588192-ryabkov-ukraine-ceasefire-nato/

One of the things he said about relations with NATO was that “If someone in the West thinks we need that relationship and will at some point come and ask for it to be restored, that is a great error in judgment,”

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

10 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

Does this mean that no Jehovah's Witnesses from abroad can now visit or work in Russia?

"hinderance of activities of state authorities of the Russian Federation, discrediting in any form the foreign and domestic state policy of the Russian Federation, public authorities and their officials”

Do Jehovah's Witnesses in any country get involved in activities against the state, or interfere in any way or form with that state policies, or discredit its public authorities and officials?

1 minute ago, Paulo said:

« entrave aux activités des autorités de l'État de la Fédération de Russie, discréditant sous quelque forme que ce soit la politique d'État étrangère et intérieure de la Fédération de Russie, les autorités publiques et leurs fonctionnaires »

Les Témoins de Jéhovah de n'importe quel pays sont-ils impliqués dans des activités contre l'État, ou interfèrent-ils de quelque manière que ce soit avec la politique de cet État, ou discréditent-ils ses autorités et fonctionnaires publics ?

Of course not, dear Paulo, but that is precisely what they are accused of in that country, aren't they ? ☺️

52 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

The law will have to be approved first at Duma.

it seems the mark of the beast is taking place 

8 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

Of course not, dear Paulo, but that is precisely what they are accused of in that country, aren't they ? ☺️

That is not the point :)

The news were presented as an attack to our neutrality upon entering the country.

Without reading the full text, what is presented is a neutrality commitment for all tourist.

And that is the opposite to an attack on neutrality.

5 hours ago, Paulo said:

Ce n'est pas la question:)

La nouvelle a été présentée comme une atteinte à notre neutralité à l’entrée dans le pays.

Sans lire le texte intégral, ce qui est présenté est un engagement de neutralité pour tout touriste.

Et c’est le contraire d’une attaque contre la neutralité.

You gave me a knot in my brain, Paulo. But I confirm, you are certainly right😊

I found the original news from TASS.

https://tass.com/society/1713485

Foreigners are also required to not be against the idea that marriage is a union between a man and a woman, no to propagandize non-traditional sexual relations, and respect the values associated with the family, motherhood, fatherhood and childhood.

In EU this whole sentence can be considered a hate crime.

43 minutes ago, Paulo said:

I found the original news from TASS.

https://tass.com/society/1713485

Foreigners are also required to not be against the idea that marriage is a union between a man and a woman, no to propagandize non-traditional sexual relations, and respect the values associated with the family, motherhood, fatherhood and childhood.

In EU this whole sentence can be considered a hate crime.

Interested GIF by reactionseditor

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

And it is not innocent either as nothing is as it seems in politics.

It is one of those traps we were warned about related to our neutrality.

Last November 28th there was the World Russian People's Council.

The news are full of segments from Putin's address, and probably many have seen or read those.

Of particular interest was that that council had a opening prayer, called "O Heavenly King."

In front of the audience there was a giant screen with a live stream from Putin, in the middle of two sacred icons called "Savior Not-Made-by-Hands". A not so subtle reference about the Russian Messiah that will save civilization.

Maybe Daniel 11:44 is related to that maybe not.

There is an interesting, not neutral, article about the last World Russian People's Council.

It is in Russian, so an online translator is needed.

https://novayagazeta.ru/articles/2023/11/29/imperiia-pravoslavie-natsionalizm-i-nikakikh-prav-cheloveka

2fb94bae3eac4651b824783d24478e28.webp

Edited by Paulo

typo