JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Image search through our publications

Does anyone know how to do an image search through our publications?

For example, could I type "New World" or "Paradise" somewhere and see all images that contain such content.

Would highly appreciate this with instructions. Many thanks in advance.

Someone provided this link in another topic here, is this what you need?

Just put a key word in the search box.

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=3c6c549b8ed4c34fe#gsc.tab=0

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Someone provided this link in another topic here, is this what you need?

Just put a key word in the search box.

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=3c6c549b8ed4c34fe#gsc.tab=0

Or the same link but a little easier to remember or type:   bit.ly/SearchIllustrationsOnJwOrg

17 hours ago, Adam! said:

More specifically I'm looking for images that show the passage of Jehovah's day well - Zephaniah 1:14-18

I am not sure of the exact point you are trying to illustrate, but I searched "armageddon" in that engine and it returns a lot of impacting pictures.

4 hours ago, carlos said:

I searched "armageddon" in that engine and it returns a lot of impacting pictures

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 5/2/2022 at 10:20 AM, Adam! said:

how to do an image search through our publications?

You can go to the search engine of your choice and usually type "site:jw.org paradise" and once you get the results click on the images section to filter just the images

image.png.eede2951d3dfac7c25a2a052f5b44615.png

Duck Duck Go

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Ajw.org+paradise&iax=images&ia=images

Google

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:jw.org+paradise&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&biw=2048&bih=1016&dpr=2

DuckDuckGo and Google honor the "site:" filter

The nice thing about doing this type of search is that you can verify that the image is in fact coming from our publications by looking at the hosting domain.

image.png.c3b3eab7a6802cf1f487a50e5e2c5aac.png

Caution: Make sure there is no spaces or misspelling in site:jw.org or you might get images not coming from JW.org

Edited by J500

added Caution

7 hours ago, carlos said:

I am not sure of the exact point you are trying to illustrate, but I searched "armageddon" in that engine and it returns a lot of impacting pictures.

:lol2: I'm afraid that's Spanglish. I meant "striking" or "stunning".

But on the other hand, if we are speaking of Armageddon, "impacting" is not completely wrong either. :lol:

On 5/4/2022 at 3:09 AM, J500 said:

You can go to the search engine of your choice and usually type "site:jw.org paradise" and once you get the results click on the images section to filter just the images

Personally, this is my most favourite way of searching images. It can even be applied for other websites as well. And it doesn’t take long to type: “site:jw.org” either.