JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

You did it for me

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 702 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I will take my historical look and make these observations:

The scene toward the beginning with the ADV sign was 1922 Cedar Point convention and the speaker is J.F. Rutherford.

The scene preaching with the phonograph could be young Brother Fred Franz in 1934?  I have photo of him demonstrating use of phonograph

The scene of the Bible release was 1950 with Nathan Knorr.  It was the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures

The single picture on the right of JW Broadcasting is Br. M. Steven Lett (maybe our first broadcast on October 2014?)

The group of 8 are the current GB members.  Left to right is Losch, Jackson, Herd, Cook, Sanderson, Splane, Morris, Lett.

1922.JPG

1934.jpg

1950.JPG

2014.JPG

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

group of 8 are the current GB members.  Left to right is Losch, Jackson, Herd, Cook, Sanderson, Splane, Morris, Lett

Umm ... Where?

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

Take out Br. Guy Pierce and insert the picture of Br. Kenneth Cook...

gb1.JPG.e9502504d62af8fc4f0e48ec881f1614.JPG

The pictures are similar, but not exactly the same. The one from the music video seems to be based on several photos.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

The pictures are similar, but not exactly the same. The one from the music video seems to be based on several photos.

Does that mean they sat down and took exactly the same picture they took several years ago with exactly the same clothing, attires, posture, etc? I’m not sure, they match a bit too perfectly to be a retake.

Does that mean they sat down and took exactly the same picture they took several years ago with exactly the same clothing, attires, posture, etc? I’m not sure, they match a bit too perfectly to be a retake.

It is not a retake, it is a mix of several photos. Also the clothes and postures don’t match.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

My only point was a reference to why the animated picture was shown.  It shows the same people (adjusted for Br. Cook) around a similar table, depicting a similar meeting by the GB and trying to help us see them in the song's context.  They could have used any other picture as the basis (maybe the eight of them on a fishing trip or something).  I was just helping to answer the question of "Where did they get that idea?".