JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Links to more websites produced and maintained by other Jehovah’s Witnesses (Master List)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm curious to know if anyone is interested in a certain type of website? I ask because I'm a website designer/developer and I'm looking to start a passion project. My thought is it would make more sense if the website is practical for the friends, so I'm asking for your input.

I personally like the general idea of http://myjwillustration.com but I see areas of which it can be improved. I wouldn't mind collaborating with others if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Anniebea said:

I finally have my own website up for pet and wildlife portraits… it’s a very basic and simple site but that’s all I need I think…

https://www.ealainstudio.art/

Wow! Very nice 👍

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 5 months later...

Elijah Woods is a brother with several blogs

https://www.blogger.com/profile/13053062645377291813

Also this other brother has a youtube channel to defend the NWT by comparing it with other translations

Edited by Jwanon

added something

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I looked through the above, but some of the content is of a very questionable nature, and there are articles written/posted by other names which are definitely not okay... e.g. of a sexual nature.  I don't say this with the intention to judge, as I am a big fan of many things of Japanese culture, but as a warning that there are also things there which are stumbling blocks to me personally.

Edited by Myew

19 minutes ago, Myew said:

I looked through the above, but some of the content is of a very questionable nature, and there are articles written/posted by other names which are definitely not okay... e.g. of a sexual nature.  I don't say this with the intention to judge, as I am a big fan of many things of Japanese culture, but as a warning that there are also things there which are stumbling blocks to me personally.

What did you find questionable from that experience?

16 hours ago, Jwanon said:

Blog of a brother relating his experience in Japan

https://skdesu.com/en/my-experience-with-the-witnesses-of-jeova-in-japan/

54 minutes ago, Myew said:

some of the content is of a very questionable nature, and there are articles written/posted by other names which are definitely not okay

Clearly the intent was to just read that one specific article, and not go roaming around to other areas of the site. 

It appears that the Japan experience is indeed written by a brother. This brother actually runs this site. He's a fan of Japanese culture and the site is supposed to be a portal of sorts to learning more about Japanese culture. But he has collaborators/guests who also submit articles. 

It's clearly not intended to be a witness blog or a witness site, and certainly there are aspects of Japanese culture (and every culture actually) that is going to be not so kosher. He just felt compelled to add an article regarding his experience with his brothers and sisters in Japan.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 hour ago, Hinata said:

What did you find questionable from that experience?

Articles on betting and gambling, games designed around murdering other people, and discussions of manga/anime with overtly demonic or sexual images. Edit: Oh, also the one teaching all of the Japanese profanity. I mean, I guess it's good to know what not to say...?

Edited by Myew