JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

This is Insane…To Commit Murder Over a Sandwich

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 671 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.complex.com/life/atlanta-man-opens-fire-subway-employees-mayo-dispute-one-dead

Fox 5 Atlanta reports that the incident happened on Sunday at around 6:30 p.m. local time. A dispute over a sandwich escalated after a customer was mad about the amount of mayonnaise that was on his sandwich, leading him to open fire on two women employees. The 26-year-old died and the 24-year-old was transported to a local hospital and is in critical condition.

“It was very senseless. Yes, too much mayo on a sandwich but an individual with a gun who thought that was the course of action to resolve about a sandwich,” Atlanta Police Deputy Chief Charles Hampton Jr. said.

The women are reportedly sisters; the younger sister’s five-year-old son was also apparently at the Subway while his mom worked. According to a relative, the mother pushed her son under the counter so he wouldn’t get hit, and she was later shot twice. There was a third worker there—a manager who started shooting at the gunman but missed. A 36-year-old man has since been arrested, though his identity hasn’t been revealed.

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I’ve read a few other articles that really shows the escalation of violence in this world. 

A 15 year old boy goes out to the car just to get a case of water. Two guys were shooting at each other and the boy was killed. 

another article, police were sent to a house for a welfare check. They found a 3 year old child in the freezer.

And people still rely on governments to protect us. They don’t know their right from their left. 

These articles have helped me in writing letters showing that only looking to Jehovah will give us hope and a very much needed rescue from Satan’s system.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

World has gone mad. This gas price helps us. To stay away from populated areas, as much as possible. 
(it now costs, just to go to the meetings, some $10.00. Gas is over $5.00 a gallon. I get 23-24 miles to this gallon. And, it is 23 miles, one way to the hall.)
We are not, “running to the store”, my more. 

(someone please help me. My middle name should be, “tangent”) Its actually hard. Now, I can mostly just think of one thing at a time.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

6 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

World has gone mad. This gas price helps us. To stay away from populated areas, as much as possible. 
(it now costs, just to go to the meetings, some $10.00. Gas is over $5.00 a gallon. I get 23-24 miles to this gallon. And, it is 23 miles, one way to the hall.)
We are not, “running to the store”, my more. 

(someone please help me. My middle name should be, “tangent”) Its actually hard. Now, I can mostly just think of one thing at a time.

I WISH gas was only $5 a gallon, it’s well over $6 a gallon here in California!

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

I WISH gas was only $5 a gallon, it’s well over $6 a gallon here in California!

Here is the prices here at home compared to those elsewhere in the world.

image.png.2d4c0702c1acccb77d8a63f276bc90e6.png

But we have a reduced fuel excise (20c/L) for the next couple of months, otherwise it is the following without the excise reduction.

image.png.fc4dbc2f90de074ab772f0f44fd364a4.png

Its sad really.

If only the sisters knew they could have simply apologized to the irate customer and kindly offer him another sandwich with moderate mayonnaise like he wanted.

Its disturbing how peoples behaviour keep worsening in the last days,the best way to live is to learn to ignore peoples bad behaviours and always try to make peace or always seek for peaceful ways to resolve problems.

“Happy are the peacemakers,since they will be
called sons of God." Matthew 5:9.

On 6/28/2022 at 9:02 AM, Loopy said:

https://www.complex.com/life/atlanta-man-opens-fire-subway-employees-mayo-dispute-one-dead

Fox 5 Atlanta reports that the incident happened on Sunday at around 6:30 p.m. local time. A dispute over a sandwich escalated after a customer was mad about the amount of mayonnaise that was on his sandwich, leading him to open fire on two women employees. The 26-year-old died and the 24-year-old was transported to a local hospital and is in critical condition.

“It was very senseless. Yes, too much mayo on a sandwich but an individual with a gun who thought that was the course of action to resolve about a sandwich,” Atlanta Police Deputy Chief Charles Hampton Jr. said.

The women are reportedly sisters; the younger sister’s five-year-old son was also apparently at the Subway while his mom worked. According to a relative, the mother pushed her son under the counter so he wouldn’t get hit, and she was later shot twice. There was a third worker there—a manager who started shooting at the gunman but missed. A 36-year-old man has since been arrested, though his identity hasn’t been revealed.

It’s like the wild wild west! It’s crazy! Thankfully we know it’s all in bible prophecy and we know our deliverance is near.