JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Religion in the news

5 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Some Ukrainians refuse to take up arms due to religious beliefs — interview

https://news.yahoo.com/ukrainians-refuse-arms-due-religious-233600395.html

Jehovah’s Witnesses, Seventh-day Adventists, and Ukrainian members of several other religious organizations refuse to take up arms even during the ongoing existential war.

But, but, but the Russians said....

Agents from Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) raided a Jehovah’s Witnesses office in the occupied Ukrainian city of Mariupol, state media reported Monday.

Russia’s state-run news agency RIA Novosti reported that documents were also found “showing that the extremist organization Jehovah’s Witnesses, which is banned in Russia, is involved in the financing of Ukrainian militants.”

An investigation was underway to identify “those involved in the financing of Ukrainian neo-Nazis,” RIA Novosti added.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses is a U.S.-based Christian evangelical movement set up in the late 19th century that advocates non-violence.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2024/01/15/russias-fsb-raids-jehovahs-witness-office-in-occupied-mariupol-a83726

Throw mud against the wall and see what sticks, huh???

You know you're doing pretty good when both sides are against you. "Ukraine" is against you because you are not fighting for them. "Russia" is against you because you're not fighting for them (quotes because it's not the whole country that's against our brothers there). Like the Pharisees and the Sadducees against Jesus Christ.  Then they'll start to spread propaganda (like those people telling people that Jesus claimed to be God.).

Same tactic, different scenario.

1 hour ago, Kwabena said:

You know you're doing pretty good when both sides are against you. "Ukraine" is against you because you are not fighting for them. "Russia" is against you because you're not fighting for them (quotes because it's not the whole country that's against our brothers there). Like the Pharisees and the Sadducees against Jesus Christ.  Then they'll start to spread propaganda (like those people telling people that Jesus claimed to be God.).

Same tactic, different scenario.

John. 17:14 ❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Church of England’s first trans archdeacon: ‘I promised I’d not prioritise being a priest over love’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/church-of-england-s-first-trans-archdeacon-i-promised-i-d-not-prioritise-being-a-priest-over-love/ar-BB1gVCmV

Edited by chuck83

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

1 hour ago, chuck83 said:

Church of England’s first trans archdeacon: ‘I promised I’d not prioritise being a priest over love’

:omg:!!! I was just thinking: One of my uncles was an Anglican priest. Unfortunately he died rather young, in 1972. My aunt, his wife, was still faithful to the church for many years after, up until her death in the 1990s. I am somewhat glad they're already dead, since I think they would have been absolutely shocked by the conduct of priests in the church these days! I really don't know how I'm going to break it to them when they wake up in the resurrection. :(

12 hours ago, chuck83 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/church-of-england-s-first-trans-archdeacon-i-promised-i-d-not-prioritise-being-a-priest-over-love/ar-BB1gVCmV

Church of England everyone... 

11 hours ago, Sheep said:

:oh mon Dieu:!!! Je pensais justement : un de mes oncles était un prêtre anglican. Malheureusement, il est décédé assez jeune, en 1972. Ma tante, sa femme, est restée fidèle à l'Église pendant de nombreuses années, jusqu'à sa mort dans les années 1990. Je suis un peu content qu'ils soient déjà morts, car je pense qu'ils auraient été absolument choqués par la conduite des prêtres dans l'église ces jours-ci ! Je ne sais vraiment pas comment je vais leur dire quand ils se réveilleront à la résurrection.:(

They will congratulate you, Eric, and will be sincerely happy that you understood where the real truth was much faster than them.

2 hours ago, Dages said:

Church of England everyone... 

There s a bill submitted to be voted separating the church from the state in UK.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I just heard a report of the US FBI has been (illegally) asking banks to flag any customers who purchase religious literature etc.... among other things.  They are looking for “extremist”.  

The culture is changing fast here. it’s becoming more and more secular and even anti-religion. People with moral values are a threat to them. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

3 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

I just heard a report of the US FBI has been (illegally) asking banks to flag any customers who purchase religious literature etc.... among other things.  They are looking for “extremist”.  

Is this what you are referring to?   This is a .gov House of Representatives site link.   It does mention "Bible" in there as well.   

Federal Government Flagged Transactions Using Terms like "MAGA" and "TRUMP" for Financial Institutions  | House Judiciary Committee Republicans

"In other words, FinCEN urged large financial institutions to comb through the private transactions of their customers for suspicious charges on the basis of protected political and religious expression."

Yes

January 17, 2024 

WASHINGTON, D.C.  New documents obtained by the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government reveal that the federal government flagged terms like "MAGA" and "TRUMP" for financial institutions if Americans used those phrases when completing transactions. Individuals who shopped at stores like Cabela's or Dick's Sporting Goods, or purchased religious texts like a bible, may also have had their transactions flagged. This kind of pervasive financial surveillance, carried out in coordination with and at the request of federal law enforcement, into Americans' private transactions is alarming and raises serious concerns about the FBI's respect for fundamental civil liberties.

Getting more like Russia and China. The waters that Babylon sits on are drying up. Soon they will be able to march right in and tear her apart. It’s just a matter of time. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

There's a bill submitted to be voted separating the church from the state in UK.

Yes, that's right, it had its first reading in December. The Bill, if enacted, would disestablish the Church of England and remove the automatic right of bishops to sit in the House of Lords. Humanists UK, welcomed the Bill. A review of attitudes in the UK found only 12% of people consider themselves Anglican. What’s more, 68% of 18-24 year-olds say they belong to no religion versus 18% saying they are Christian.

Secular societies are growing in many countries now.

Bishop Gene Robinson: God called me out of the closet

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bishop-gene-robinson-god-called-me-out-of-the-closet/vi-BB1h1Yj5

😳😳😳

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

The international Penal court is judging Israel on the account of mentioning the Bible to justify genocide

take a look:

https://religionnews.com/2024/01/25/as-court-decides-on-genocide-charge-netanyahus-use-of-a-bible-passage-haunts-him/

religion is more on the news lately and for the bad reasons:

IMG_1671.jpeg

IMG_1670.jpeg

KHAZAKISTAN

24 January 2024

A draft Amending Law (seen by Forum 18) amending nine Codes and Laws on the exercise of freedom of religion or belief would, if adopted in its current form, impose new restrictions on the exercise of freedom of religion or belief. The head of the NSC secret police, Yermek Sagimbayev, has told deputies of the non-freely-elected parliament: "The initiative on the need to harshen legislation in the area of regulating religious activity has more than once been discussed at a government level."

https://www.forum18.org/archive.php?article_id=2887

Swedish Democrats come up with proposal to ban Islamic symbols

23 January 2024

Chairman of the Justice Committee of the Riksdag, a member of the ultra-right nationalist party Swedish Democrats (Sverigedemokraterna), Richard Yumshof, proposed banning the symbols of Islam

The Sweden Democrats have long and loudly expressed the opinion that Islam poses a threat to Swedish society and the Western world as a whole. In November, the party's leader, Jimmy Okesson, said that mosques where anti-democratic extremism flourishes should be demolished.

"Muslim symbols such as the crescent and minarets should be removed from public view," 

https://www.azernews.az/region/220731.html

Edited by Sofia

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/11/27/the-real-reason-iran-hates-israel/ - THE REAL reason Iran hates israel: Religion

Several causes drive the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, including ethnic, national, historical, and religious.
As a result, religion must also be a component of any true solution to this terrible and prolonged war,
The conflict is viewed as a good versus evil conflict, with God on one side and violence on the other. Religious nationalists view war and violence as legitimate means of achieving national objectives, while religious post-nationalists view it as destructive and evil.…
Ver mais

Iran has made it impossible for followers of the Baha'i faith to obtain a new national identification card unless they renounce their religion.

can this fullfill partially the prophecy of the mark of the beast? 🤷‍♀️

https://www.rferl.org/amp/iran-baha-i-discriminatory-id-card-forms/30400278.html