JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Smart TV

If your intent is to watch something on a big screen instead of a small device, think about casting from the small device to the smart TV.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It is kinda like this:

• A smart TV may include a browser - but not all do.
  • The browser on a smart TV should allow you to view websites, YouTube and the like
  • Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, TiVo Stream, TV Smart Stick and such devises can be added to a smart TV with a USB port
  • A browser cannot be added to a Roku TV
  • Most smart TV's allow streaming from your device(s)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

5 hours ago, Daphne said:

I have a Roku TV with many apps but there is no web browser.I wonder if I could connect a web browser in some way.

I'll have to look into casting.

Casting means that you play the video on your phone or tablet, but there is an icon in the upper right corner that sends the same image to your tv. If it works for your phoen and tv that is very simple and practical.

18 hours ago, Exter said:

Need you all a great Screen in Smart TV? Internet via Tablet is not enough?

Its difficult for 6 people to watch a tablet.

And I got my 47 inch smartTV for about the same price as my 7 inch  2019 tablet😆 

A laptop is soooo expensive!

Edited by Daphne

On 9/25/2022 at 3:37 PM, rocket said:

If your tv has a browser it is less powerful by far than your smallest smart phone. The option I use is to hook up a laptop to the smart/dumb tv by a gold HDMI cable.

My laptop flatlined last week🙁

Can I hook up my 7 inch samsung  tablet to the TV?

6 hours ago, Daphne said:

Its difficult for 6 people to watch a tablet.

And I got my 47 inch smartTV for about the same price as my 7 inch  2019 tablet😆 

A laptop is soooo expensive!

For TV you have right!😆 My incorrect interpreting. IMHO: sbdy must not watch Internet via smart TV. Laptop or Tablet is enough. Broadcasting via TV is normal. But all is an personal decision. I am not a judge. Sorry for misunderstood 

I have a old Dell OptiPlex MFF computer connected to our TV (even though it is an old 37" Toshiba which is about 15 years old) which acts as my media device, which I control with a wireless keyboard which has a track pad to control it.

I installed JWL on it and which has all the videos to watch on the big screen, even watched the streamed Circuit Assemblies on it as well, even have used it for Zoom for a while.

It may be old tech, but it works a treat.