JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Windows 22H2

I just received a notification that the Windows 22H2 update is available for my Laptop. Is there anything that I should do before I let it update?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I've updated both my PC's (Intel I3-9100F and AMD Ryzen 5 5600G) to windows 11 22H2 2 days ago.

Haven't had any issues so far.

2 features I like so far:

1. Files can be pinned (by right clicking the file and selecting add to favorites) as a favorite and will show up in windows explorer.

2. Folders can be added to the windows 11 start menu.

13 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

I've updated both my PC's (Intel I3-9100F and AMD Ryzen 5 5600G) to windows 11 22H2 2 days ago.

Haven't had any issues so far.

2 features I like so far:

1. Files can be pinned (by right clicking the file and selecting add to favorites) as a favorite and will show up in windows explorer.

2. Folders can be added to the windows 11 start menu.

Thanks!

I've update sometime ago and hadn't noticed those new things. A presentation with "what's New" pumped up but there wasn't any mention of that... I wonder if tehre are new things not describet also

9 minutes ago, Janko said:

do not update, wait a bit.

Updated windows have problems with copying big files - slowing down.

https://petri.com/windows-11-2022-update-performance-issues-large-files/

So, you mean in plain English… computer develops turtle 🐢 speed? LOL 😂 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

25 minutes ago, Janko said:

do not update, wait a bit.

Updated windows have problems with copying big files - slowing down.

https://petri.com/windows-11-2022-update-performance-issues-large-files/

Thanks, but I updated this morning. I haven't seen any issues yet except that JWLibrary shut down a few times when I open it. It seems to be okay now.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This youtuber explains 11 of the 22H2 update features.

https://youtu.be/xUmU-mmXARw

1. Start menu folders

2. Windows Explorer updates

3. Snap layout updates

4. Windows spotlight desktop

5. Clipchamp - (new video editor)

6. Do not disturb

7. Focus mode improvements

8. Live captions - (instant voice to text. On screen only)

9. Voice access control improvements

10. Narrator voice improvements

11. Task manager UI, dark mode

Since I updated to Windows 22H2 my JWLibrary would shut down right after I opened it. I would have to reopen it 2-3 times before it would stay open. Since there was a known issue with Windows 22H2 downloading large files I assume that JWL was shutting down while trying to update the publications catalog on startup.

I received a small Windows 22H2 update yesterday and my JWL is working fine now. It doesn't shut down when I open it for the first time for the day.   

12 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Since I updated to Windows 22H2 my JWLibrary would shut down right after I opened it. I would have to reopen it 2-3 times before it would stay open. Since there was a known issue with Windows 22H2 downloading large files I assume that JWL was shutting down while trying to update the publications catalog on startup.

I received a small Windows 22H2 update yesterday and my JWL is working fine now. It doesn't shut down when I open it for the first time for the day.   

Try to reset the JWL in Windows.

But, backup your notes first.

Then, after you reset the JWL app in Windows, it will not crash again.

I just tried it on my Laptop. 

All files from JWL will be erased after you reset the app. So, backup your files first.

6 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

Try to reset the JWL in Windows.

But, backup your notes first.

Then, after you reset the JWL app in Windows, it will not crash again.

I just tried it on my Laptop. 

All files from JWL will be erased after you reset the app. So, backup your files first.

Thank you but I didn't need to do that. The Windows update that I received seems to have solved the problem.

• 2 months later...