JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Study Bible update

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2023 at 5:26 AM, Tortuga said:

Wow. I really thought we would have the Study Notes for Hebrews by now...

I reckon by the end of October we should have the Study Notes for Hebrews, after the Annual Meeting.  Next year the rest of the notes for the remaining books of the Christian Greek Scriptures.  Take Note, this may be completely wrong.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

1 hour ago, Chris7 said:

I reckon by the end of October we should have the Study Notes for Hebrews, after the Annual Meeting.  Next year the rest of the notes for the remaining books of the Christian Greek Scriptures.  Take Note, this may be completely wrong.

The latest WT discusses Hebrews, so I hope we have the Study Notes before we study the article. :thumbsup:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 3 months later...
On 7/19/2023 at 9:31 PM, Chris7 said:

I reckon by the end of October we should have the Study Notes for Hebrews, after the Annual Meeting.

I now think we will receive the Study Notes for Hebrews before October, also James and the 2 letters of Peter.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

On 10/21/2022 at 4:12 PM, Tortuga said:

I think we are going to get Study Notes for Hebrews very soon. The new video about the Tent looks like it would be media for Hebrews 9.

Wow, I was wrong about that 🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 hours ago, jwhess said:

Which October?

Good question, I say we will receive the Study Notes for Hebrews before October 2024, also James and the 2 letters of Peter.

And Study Notes for the rest of the Christian Greek Scriptures by the end of 2025 Surely! 🙏

Study Notes for the Hebrew Scriptures by 2030.

Study Notes for the New Scrolls will be included on release (probably)

14 hours ago, Tony said:

Are you guessing or you know that for sure?

I don’t know for sure, but we are now surely due for more Study Note additions since Philemon, which was released a just over a year ago.

I don’t think we ever had a calendar year without more study notes being released since the first ones, ( I may be wrong) therefore we are in expectation, are we not? 🤓

On 11/16/2023 at 6:42 PM, Chris7 said:

Good question, I say we will receive the Study Notes for Hebrews before October 2024, also James and the 2 letters of Peter.

And Study Notes for the rest of the Christian Greek Scriptures by the end of 2025 Surely! 🙏

Study Notes for the Hebrew Scriptures by 2030.

Hebrew Scriptures in 5 years is unrealistic in my opinion. If it's about to take 10 years to produce study notes for the Greek Scriptures, it will probably take another 20 to produce them for the Hebrew Scriptures. Jehovah willing, we'll have the full Study Bible by 2045. These are rough estimates on my part.

If we want to be more precise, let's do the math. When looking up the VerseId in MEPS, we find that there are  23,261 verses in the Hebrew Scriptures, and 7,933 verses in the Christian Greek Scriptures. That's 2.93 times more material to research. Which means that my 20-year-estimate might be too optimistic as well.

Nevertheless, we trust in Jehovah and His means to guide the earthly part of His organization and patiently wait for this and any other form of spiritual food that's being diligently served at its proper time for our benefit.

22 hours ago, MikeyRo said:

Hebrew Scriptures in 5 years is unrealistic in my opinion. If it's about to take 10 years to produce study notes for the Greek Scriptures, it will probably take another 20 to produce them for the Hebrew Scriptures. Jehovah willing, we'll have the full Study Bible by 2045. These are rough estimates on my part.

If we want to be more precise, let's do the math. When looking up the VerseId in MEPS, we find that there are  23,261 verses in the Hebrew Scriptures, and 7,933 verses in the Christian Greek Scriptures. That's 2.93 times more material to research. Which means that my 20-year-estimate might be too optimistic as well.

Nevertheless, we trust in Jehovah and His means to guide the earthly part of His organization and patiently wait for this and any other form of spiritual food that's being diligently served at its proper time for our benefit.

It could be that even though the book of Hebrews may seem to be taking it's time being released, as it does however refer to many parts of the Hebrew Scriptures of which the apostle Paul would have intimate knowledge, as too with the Hebrews congregation(s).

So the brothers whilst taking their time with the book of Hebrews, may also be doing their research of the Hebrew Scriptures that Paul may have quoted from and they are at the same time that corresponds/relates to that of the Book of Hebrews. When they are researching those quoted Hebrew Scriptures, they may also be making sure that they align with other books of the Hebrew Scriptures of where they may also be linked as well.

But when the book of Hebrews is finally released, I would say that there will be a quicker release of updates for the other books due to the other work that was done beforehand. The onbly other book that may have traces of prophetic links would be Revelations, but there are some recent changes where many prophesies that was orignally linked to Revelation now have been clarified and that it is no longer linked any more.

Edited by Pabo

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 4:12 PM, Tortuga said:

I think we are going to get Study Notes for Hebrews very soon. The new video about the Tent looks like it would be media for Hebrews 9.

Nope. Not yet...