JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Study Bible update

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The Study Bible was just updated with Study Notes for Titus and Philemon. I hope we get more...:ecstatic:

https://www.jw.org/open?wtlocale=E&docid=500800088&srcid=share

Books of Titus and Philemon (Study Edition) Now Available Online
The books of Titus and Philemon are now available in the Study Edition of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures on jw.org and in JW Library. This release includes over 150 new study notes along with some new media gallery items. In addition, new Glossary articles have been added about the Dead Sea Scrolls and other important Bible manuscripts, including the Codex Alexandrinus, Codex Sinaiticus, and Codex Vaticanus.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I think we are going to get Study Notes for Hebrews very soon. The new video about the Tent looks like it would be media for Hebrews 9.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 4 weeks later...

I thought we would have the study notes for Hebrews and James by now. Apparently the Study Notes are like Armageddon, you know they are coming but you don't know when...:lol1:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 4:12 PM, Tortuga said:

I think we are going to get Study Notes for Hebrews very soon. The new video about the Tent looks like it would be media for Hebrews 9.

I thought we would have them by now. Oh well..

There is an update to the Study Bible, does anyone know what was updated?

My bro. jwhess,

I'm not tech sabby but, I checked mine and I don't have a problem.  If this is your cell phone, do you have an updated cell?  You might call the branch and talk to their techs and find out if this is a new thing.

I can find out for you since we have a brother that works with HQs and does these things and he will let me know if changes have been made and, if so what to do.

Will get back to you on it.

47 minutes ago, cme said:

My bro. jwhess,

I'm not tech sabby but, I checked mine and I don't have a problem.  If this is your cell phone, do you have an updated cell?  You might call the branch and talk to their techs and find out if this is a new thing.

I can find out for you since we have a brother that works with HQs and does these things and he will let me know if changes have been made and, if so what to do.

Will get back to you on it.

I am not sure which point you are referring to. I probably did not make a clear comment.  My Study Bible updated and I went from 7a video files to 81 video files.  In the past, I usually saw a corresponding change in the Bible books listing.  We saw Philemon (for instance) go from no "gem" icon next to the Bible book name to having the "gem" icon appear there.  This time I did not see the corresponding change in the menu listing.

I was just commenting that for a week or so we received various forms of updates but the "headphones" icon did not show up on the Bible book in the menu.  Eventuall yit dis (on cellphones, tablets and computers).

Sorry if Iwas not clwar.

Screen shot of my Amazon fire and 10. I see that the diamond are only on Greek scriptures. 

Screenshot_20230127-093012.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, Olivier Proulx said:

I ordered French Bibles at the beginning of November and they are still pending…I find that strange.  Does anyone know why?  Maybe because they are printing the Mathew-Acts edition?

I ordered it the week after the 2019 AM and I wait a whole year for it, in English.

• 2 weeks later...

In the coming weeks….

An enhanced digital edition of Appendix B12 will soon be available.
The scripture citations in the chart “The Final Week of Jesus’ Life on Earth” will be enhanced with artwork, maps, and a timeline. You may find it a useful resource as you prepare for the Memorial.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

7 hours ago, Chris7 said:

In the coming weeks….

An enhanced digital edition of Appendix B12 will soon be available.
The scripture citations in the chart “The Final Week of Jesus’ Life on Earth” will be enhanced with artwork, maps, and a timeline. You may find it a useful resource as you prepare for the Memorial.

You mean like this?

image.thumb.png.d39e9ada47b532e0966f2d3acb93e1d3.png

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

You mean like this?

Yes, indeed.  😳
I didn’t realise it was there already, but when you tap on “Digital Edition” whilst looking at B12, you can see the enhanced version. 😊

Somehow I thought it might be even more impressive, but its really nicely done.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

5 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

Somehow I thought it might be even more impressive, but its really nicely done.

Same here. I thought the timeline and pictures would be new. And that we would see the fruits of all the investigation being done for the The Good News According to Jesus.

But of course, we are happy with what we receive. 😀

All I know is my Study Bible in my JWL said it updated and that is what I see when I go to the appendix ... since I didn't spend much time looking at the appendix before, I really don't know how much has changed

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~