JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Governing Body update #8

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 490 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 12/5/2022 at 2:10 AM, Anniebea said:

I absolutely agree with you, I have a introvert personality and love my own company… one thing I noticed was that lockdown encouraged me to be like that and I have to say that I loved that time!

I have been back to the meeting but I’m now trying to shield my mother who is 88 and the past few weeks I’ve been trying to keep my husband safe as he has a large operation this week….

However one thing I have found is that I don’t feel as close to the brothers and sisters and that’s purely down to not associating… It’s dragging me down and it’s something that I need to put right, so as soon as I can I’ll be back at the KH 

there is obviously a world wide problem in trying to motivate some people to get back to the kh … I don’t think it’s down to laziness at all, maybe the odd few but I think that most of us want to be there and may need a bit of motivation to return

we had KHCONF before and now thankfully we have zoom… I think it’sa blessing for many who are unable to be there in person, they can still be an encouragement to others by their participation and can still be part of field ministry, I know that my mother in particular never misses a zoom meeting 

I wholeheartedly agree sis....I don't think it "just boils down to laziness" at all.  I think there are many and varied reasons why some may be having trouble getting back to in person.  

I know many here and in other congregations that I know of were absolutely terrified the last nearly 3 years.  This time has done a real psychological number on SO many.  For some that may never be reveresed and they are just more comfortable being on Zoom.  My son, daughter in law and I have a commercial cleaning business so our lives never really changed....we still had to get out and go to work as we always had.  I've only been to one in person meeting since we went back to that....my hubby was on hospice with end stage kidney failure so I didn't leave him much other than to run to work.  He passed in November and now our whole family is dealing with grief and quite honestly (even though we are encouraged to be around the friends) I'm just not there yet.  My body and mind are EXHAUSTED and I'm trying to take care of myself the best I can.  For right now that means not over stimulating myself cuz' it tanks my adrenals. Jehovah knows.  He is the one that matters.  Stayed healthy all during the last nearly 3 years (hadn't been sick since Feb 2018) and then wouldn't you know it....our whole family got sick after my husband's visitation.  I wasn't HORRIBLY sick but felt rotten and was so exhausted.  Took 2 full weeks to start to gain some stamina.  So given the fact that there is SO much going around our area right now (both influenzas, strep, covid, other respiratory viruses, RSV, stomach stuff.....) we are choosing to be cautious.  When at meetings there is so much hugging (which I've always been a big hugger)  I've considered just speaking up and saying "for right now I'm not hugging"  but I don't want to come across rude. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

BREAKING NEWS | Norwegian Court Suspends Attempt to Deregister Jehovah’s Witnesses

We are pleased to inform you that on December 30, 2022, the Oslo District Court granted a temporary injunction to stop the government from taking away our registration as a religious community. Please continue to keep this matter in your prayers.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Keep Fighting said:

Good article:

Norway: Oslo District Court Suspends De-Registration of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

https://bitterwinter.org/norway-court-suspends-de-registration-of-jehovahs-witnesses/

Massimo Introvigne is an interesting character, I just looked at some of his other articles 😳 

14 minutes ago, Liam Davies said:

Massimo Introvigne is an interesting character, I just looked at some of his other articles 😳 

FWIW Massimo Introvigne also has a solo 'talking head' 3 minute and 44 second video on the JW.org website:

6 minutes ago, Parale said:

FWIW Massimo Introvigne also has a solo 'talking head' 3 minute and 44 second video on the JW.org website:

Yes I am aware of this. He is a also a big defender of scientology.i personally view him with caution.

3 hours ago, Liam Davies said:

A quick Google search:

The man isn't a JW, he is an independant scholar. We can't expect him to be perfect :D We don't even consider ourselves to be so :D 

Edited by WilliamChew