JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Governing Body update #8

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 470 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 hours ago, Dages said:

Hi, the update should be available today.

Very timely encouragements. Let's discuss them here in this Our Meeting forum.

Let's follow Jehovah's chariot 

I hope today is the day, however next Friday will be 6 week after the previous update #7, therefore it may be next Friday the 9th, especially as we have the main monthly broadcast coming in a few days time, however I prefer David’s expectation.

Perhaps we will hear about the 2023 Convention theme. 😲

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

NEW VIDEO | 2022 Governing Body Update #8 Now Available
In this video report, a Governing Body member encourages us to be ready to adapt when Jehovah’s chariot moves. He also helps us to appreciate the benefits of in-person meetings.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

NEW VIDEO | 2022 Governing Body Update #8 Now Available
In this video report, a Governing Body member encourages us to be ready to adapt when Jehovah’s chariot moves. He also helps us to appreciate the benefits of in-person meetings.

I so enjoyed Bro Morris' comments and encouragement.  I appreciate our GB so much!

Isn't it interesting that we are reminded to be quickly adapting to the changes?  Then it reminds us about the need to now be at in-person meetings, if we are not infirm or elderly etc.  I like how the encouragement is not chatising, but loving, like how a shepherd herds the stragglers before they are left behind.  Yes, very encouraging update.

The zoom was like a lifesaving boat and the face-to-face meetings were like a cruise ship, simply sensational, how important it is for us to be praising Jehovah in the middle of the congregation and let the zoom for those who really need it and Jehovah does not forget these brothers or the love he shows his great name.

I am very happy for those who go to Kingdom Halls for meetings. Another advantage of personal meetings is that they do not require electricity or the Internet. Ukraine has had problems with electricity for the second month already. I know one congregation that was unable to watch their midweek meeting on Zoom for two weeks in a row due to power issues.

Dear Serhii, this is another reason why I sometimes “force” myself to go to meetings, rather that just stay home because I’m tired. We don’t know what’s around the corner and whether we'll have access to any meetings. May Jehovah continue to be with you and all our brothers and sisters in such difficult circumstances 👍👍❤️

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Dear Serhii, this is another reason why I sometimes “force” myself to go to meetings, rather that just stay home because I’m tired. We don’t know what’s around the corner and whether we'll have access to any meetings. May Jehovah continue to be with you and all our brothers and sisters in such difficult circumstances 👍👍❤️

Thank you

4 hours ago, lord21 said:

I am very happy for those who go to Kingdom Halls for meetings. Another advantage of personal meetings is that they do not require electricity or the Internet. Ukraine has had problems with electricity for the second month already. I know one congregation that was unable to watch their midweek meeting on Zoom for two weeks in a row due to power issues.

We pray for you constantly 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

21 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

. . . Then it reminds us about the need to now be at in-person meetings, if we are not infirm or elderly etc. . .

I noted that part, Lucy. I'm not quite what I would consider elderly, nor am I by any means infirm. But I have been treating the current situation as part of a dangerous pandemic, and therefore taking a very careful approach. Up until recently I was attending meetings in person, even though I always sat in the second school away from the other mostly maskless attendees. I didn't shake hands with anyone, nor did I even talk to a brother or sister face-to-face who was not wearing a mask. Then, more recently, Canada declared that masks are highly recommended (again) for indoor gatherings. (The Canadian government officially said that, and then the Canada branch followed with an announcement to the congregations.) Since then I don't even go to the hall anymore, but attend the meetings on Zoom. I fully intend on waiting until things feel safer before attempting to venture to in person meetings again.

Happily I am in a congregation that accepts that, never questioning my decision to do so. But thank you anyway for the reminder of what the Update said. :)

It stings, sometimes.

The latest GB update (very politely) spanked those of us who were Zooming it without being sick. In my case, I'm always just 'sick enough' to justify staying home; but I get it the message. Every now and then, it feels like there's no way to be a Witness and an introvert. Some people have to overcome past sins, some people have to overcome ingrained bad habits. The only real problem I have is being myself.

In my town, they've just closed the last testing site, and admit that the RAT tests barely work on the new variants. But they're sick of talking about it, so the pandemic is over. By the numbers, more of my Cong has COVID now than we did during the lockdowns; and yet we're going back to in-person Assemblies next year.

I know I'm a minority here, and that the update is aimed at everyone; but every time I hear one interview after another talking about "The joy we feel" and "Can you believe the Joy" and "Oh, there's so much Joy", it breaks my brain, because I'm in the: 'Conventions in person next year. Take this time to examine your attitude' category. Except I have been that way since I was about twelve. Where does attitude end and basic personality begin?

Just stop Zoom altogether…. Bring back the phone tie in lines … didn’t have zoom before the pandemic don’t need it now that we are able to go in person..

it really has made a lot of people although able bodied to get to meetings LAZY… or reason with themselves I can just go on zoom..

13 minutes ago, Shannie said:

Just stop Zoom altogether…. Bring back the phone tie in lines … didn’t have zoom before the pandemic don’t need it now that we are able to go in person..

it really has made a lot of people although able bodied to get to meetings LAZY… or reason with themselves I can just go on zoom..

Well, the pandemic fragilized some friends. Jehovah, through the Slave, is giving everyone an occasion to follow the chariot.

I assume one day that Zoom will have to go. Let's be patient.

Since I live in Norway, I feel I should bring up the subject. 
I dont know but when GB bring this up about what is happening here in the most democratic country in the world, we all should be ready.

https://www.eiu.com/n/campaigns/democracy-index-2021/

Im confident in Jehovah and Jesus love an care, this make my faith stronger now and that the things ahead of us will not be a walk in the beautiful mountains or around a lake. 

1 hour ago, Dages said:

Well, the pandemic fragilized some friends. Jehovah, through the Slave, is giving everyone an occasion to follow the chariot.

I assume one day that Zoom will have to go. Let's be patient.

Im sure it will have to go when the GT start or sooner. Before we got zoom brothers and sisters coul use the phone to listen to the meetings. In our erea it was the service comite who aproved those who could use it. For a lot of our faitful and loyal ones zoom have/are a blessing from Jehovah. For many this is seatbelt to stay at the chariot. This is the 4 time we are reminded, come please, if you can. We all need eatchothers love.

I did love the new update the last time i went to the hall was just 2 weeks ago when i had my bible reading but than after the 1st part of the meeting ended i went in the cloak room to listen for a while than left to go home i did that because i just didn't feel comfortable being in a small crowded hall with lots of people i start to get anxiety nervous i just don't feel comfortable around people. 

6 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

The latest GB update (very politely) spanked those of us who were Zooming it without being sick

It was a nudge, not a shove, to get those that can go back to the hall to do it. 

We individually decide if we can, can't, should or shouldn't based on our personal circumstances. Some need a little encouragement to make that decision.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I was happy after viewing this update.  Up until recently we had decided Zoom midweek and Hall weekend.  We always went to Hall when we had parts.  A few weeks ago after enjoying being at the Hall midweek, we decided to take each mid week as it comes.  My husband works in construction and at 65years is quite exhausted, plus we are 35min drive to Hall.  So Zoom midweek was a way of enjoying the meeting without rushing etc etc.  So now after this latest update we are more than ever determined to go to the Hall midweek.  I know there will still be times we will Zoom but clearly the direction is to be at the Hall unless infirm or at times circumstances will prevent us.  The lovely counsel to be adaptable to the chariots moving was for me timely.  These updates confirm to me that the GB are fully aware of what we go through and it is a privilege to be under their direction.