JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

January 2023 Monthly Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 471 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 1/3/2023 at 8:14 PM, Sheep said:
On 1/3/2023 at 6:51 PM, Parale said:

Looks like it could be a filename issue? I believe the lesson number in the filename is usually a three digit format

pk_E_047_r720P.mp4

pk_E_47_r720P.mp4

And the website is automatically picking up both sets.

It appears to be an issue only with the English version.

Expand  

But they are two separate, individual videos. For 720p, one is 120,593,371 bytes; the other 120,531,036 bytes. Why not just rename one of them?

Looks like only one version is now showing? The 047 version?

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/children/become-jehovahs-friend/videos/Who-Should-Be-My-Friend/

46 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I would love to study Revelation again also.

Hi Bro. John! I got privilege to conduct that book way back 2007-2008 for 2 CBS groups. It needed a life support from Babylon the Great has Fallen and The Finished Mystery book. Perhaps we could start a new thread for it? Glad to hear from you! 

4 minutes ago, Dages said:

The next book will start in September, right ?

It would seem so, considering the 'review weeks', and the splitting of some of the Lessons into two weeks.

Hopefully we will be told soon as I presume congregations will need time to order physical copies for any publishers who want it 🤷‍♂️

47 minutes ago, Parale said:

It would seem so, considering the 'review weeks', and the splitting of some of the Lessons into two weeks.

Hopefully we will be told soon as I presume congregations will need time to order physical copies for any publishers who want it 🤷‍♂️

It would be interesting if the brothers have decided to release a new publication at the Regional Conventions again. That would encourage in-person attendance!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

It would be interesting if the brothers have decided to release a new publication at the Regional Conventions again. That would encourage in-person attendance!

What was the last printed publication that was released at a regional (or District) convention?  I remember handing out the Kingdom Rules book.

Edited by jwhess

6 hours ago, Parale said:

TBH I don't think we need a new book for the Congregation Bible Study... we could just follow the instructions in our current CBS book - Enjoy Life Forever! - in Lesson 60, page 252, and use one of the following two books 🤷‍♂️:

Long-Term Goal

Read the books Draw Close to Jehovah and “Come Be My Follower.” These publications will help you to continue making progress and drawing closer to your heavenly Father and his Son.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102021260#h=47-48

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

Two of our publications have been updated (dated 2022) and one of them could be the choice.

2022, “Bearing Thorough Witness” About God’s Kingdom (revised):

2022, Draw Close to Jehovah (revised):

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200276167#h=1252-1253

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

What was the last printed publication that was released at a regional (or District) convention?  I remember handing out the Kingdom Rules book.

Jesus-The Way book was released at the 2015 convention and Lessons You Can Learn From the Bible book was released at the 2017 convention.

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Will we see the first episode of the Jesus "Saga" ? 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

6 hours ago, Niel said:

Babylon the Great has Fallen and The Finished Mystery book

I have attended CongregationBible studie with those 2 books :) I decided to study them my self. Climax Revelation was the update after.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:
5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Will we see the first episode of the Jesus "Saga" ? 

But wouldn't that then be the 'new release', posted onto the JW website as a downloadable video anyway, and therefore accessible, without needing to go in-person?

Or may be just play it at the Convention, but not release it as a download on the JW website until 24 December 2023?!?

IMHO an actual physical book is a bit different, yes you may be able to download the electronic version, but you can only get hold of a physical copy by attending in-person 🤔

Edited by Parale

3 hours ago, Parale said:

I would love to study this book again. The material is very appropriate to encourage us to have a fuller share in the ministry and to be prepared for persecution.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:
3 hours ago, Parale said:

I would love to study this book again. The material is very appropriate to encourage us to have a fuller share in the ministry and to be prepared for persecution.

Hmm, yes, very good point.... and we last studied it in the Congregation back in 2011 (!) .... whereas we studied Draw Close to Jehovah in 2015.

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Plus it would be great to study now with the Study Notes.

Plus this pic could to with an update.

1102009057_univ_cnt_2_lg.jpg

3 are now in Heaven.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:55 PM, Parale said:
On 1/12/2023 at 1:14 PM, cme said:

Has anybody noticed in the Daniel drama part 2 that something has been edited?  When Daniel goes to the books (roles) and finds the place where it says "I will call to account......" and Daniel says "it has been fulfilled"  now, he does not say it.  There is complete silence in that section.

Yes it has, well spotted!! Both versions are currently on the JW website.....

2021 Powerful by Faith! Convention: Sunday Afternoon Session—Part 1

Daniel's soliloquy (24:50 to 27:00)

Have I really been in Babylon over 70 years? Jeremiah’s prophecy! “When 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error.” Belshazzar’s death — it’s been fulfilled!
What does this mean for God’s people? “When 70 years at Babylon are fulfilled, I will turn my attention to you, and I will make good my promise by bringing you back to this place.” Judah! I must approach Jehovah to confess the sin of my people.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/2021Convention/pub-co-r21_11_VIDEO

Daniel: A Lifetime of Faith—Part II

Daniel's soliloquy (11:05 to 13:10)

Have I really been in Babylon over 70 years? Jeremiah’s prophecy! “When 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error.” [extended silence]
What does this mean for God’s people? “When 70 years at Babylon are fulfilled, I will turn my attention to you, and I will make good my promise by bringing you back to this place.” Judah! I must approach Jehovah to confess the sin of my people.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/daniel-lifetime-of-faith/part-2/

The line: "Belshazzar’s death — it’s been fulfilled!" has now ALSO been removed from the full 2021 Convention version.

On 1/12/2023 at 2:32 PM, Dages said:

no change in the French version.

Yeah, it still has the line: "La mort de Balthazar… Cette prophétie s’est accomplie!"

Edited by Parale

On 1/13/2023 at 5:16 PM, Br. Ice said:
On 1/13/2023 at 2:49 PM, Parale said:

The line: "Belshazzar’s death — it’s been fulfilled!" has now ALSO been removed from the full 2021 Convention version.

What could be the reason for removing the line? 

Daniel's words are uttered in response to reading Jeremiah 25:12 which say: “‘But when 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error,’ declares Jehovah, ‘and I will make the land of the Chaldeans a desolate wasteland for all time.'"

Thus to just say "Belshazzar’s death — it’s been fulfilled!" could be viewed as being technically not corect.... for the scripture to be fulfilled the nation of Babylon also had to be 'called to account'.

What is fascinating is why it wasn't picked up before it was broadcast, and why it has been picked up now, 18-months down the line? I've also just checked, and it doesn't seem like it has been removed from French (other languages?), only from the English version 🤔

FWIW remember also that it was at the same 2021 Convention, on Friday afternoon, where a small section from one of the talks was also removed following the original broadcast:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/49304-2021-regional-convention-possible-spoilers/?do=findComment&comment=830392

Edited by Parale

On 1/13/2023 at 5:16 PM, Br. Ice said:

What could be the reason for removing the line? 

Because those words in Jeremiah 25:12 were not fully fulfilled until 537 BCE when the 70 years were fulfilled. Daniel did not quote Jeremiah's words in 539 BCE. What he actually said in 539 BCE is in Daniel 9:2. It does not say the 70 years have been fulfilled. I thought it strange at the time I watched it but did not research it at the time. The Bible, of course, as always, is clear concise and correct.