JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

January 2023 Monthly Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 471 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

But they are two separate, individual videos. For 720p, one is 120,593,371 bytes; the other 120,531,036 bytes. Why not just rename one of them?

I went and check the video files several times using video editing and reviewing programs, but concluded that the file itself is near identical. The only difference is that one video (47) has bitrate of 1079kbps, while the other (047) has 1078kbps, which is extremely negligible difference, but still enough to generate different videos.

Take for example, near 0:43, the scene where Sophia watches the leaving car. In the video 47, the grass is more darker, but in video 047, the grass is more brighter and greener. This genuinely might be the only difference, I’m not even sure if this is intended, or a side effect from having different bitrates.

It’s possible there may be some other small difference in the background that I did not notice.

They were also made in different dates, as I described in an earlier post, one (47) from October, the other (047) in December. But other than that, they are nearly exactly the same.

The conclusion is that the video files itself are near same, so it’s either uploaded separately as a mistake, or for some website related purposes.

See for yourself:

Spoiler

47:

An image from the video Lesson 47: Who Should Be My Friend? from jw.org, showcasing a difference in two videos.

047:

An image from the video Lesson 47: Who Should Be My Friend? from jw.org, showcasing a difference in two videos.

Note: Image compressions may further deteriorate the quality of the pictures from the original videos.

Edited by Hinata

Thanks for your explanation Brother @Hinata. It looks like you're right. I watched them both a couple of times and couldn't see a difference. Even looking at your [hidden] picture I can't see a difference in the grass colour from one to the other. (Maybe your eyes are operating at a different bitrate than mine.) As for the compression, the size of the two files is not that much different, so I'm not so certain if that's a factor.

Okay, that's a wrap. Next question.

Edited by Sheep

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

The chairman for the AM Part 1  said that Part 2 would be shown in February. Br. Lett's talk is at the end of part 2.

Picture of brother Lett is on servers for this month. 

jwb-100_univ_lss_14_lg.jpg

Maybe br. Cook's talk would be the last one. 😉

Edited by Bosko

I'm leaning more and more toward the theory that Brother Cook will have a talk as well. We might get a new publication. Because what will we study after the book Enjoy life forever?

Maybe updated Revelation book.

And maybe because of that Lett's talk will be this month.

Edited by Bosko

4 hours ago, Bosko said:

I'm leaning more and more toward the theory that Brother Cook will have a talk as well. We might get a new publication. Because what will we study after the book Enjoy life forever?

Maybe updated Revelation book.

And maybe because of that Lett's talk will be this month.

TBH I don't think we need a new book for the Congregation Bible Study... we could just follow the instructions in our current CBS book - Enjoy Life Forever! - in Lesson 60, page 252, and use one of the following two books 🤷‍♂️:

Long-Term Goal

Read the books Draw Close to Jehovah and “Come Be My Follower.” These publications will help you to continue making progress and drawing closer to your heavenly Father and his Son.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102021260#h=47-48

For reference here is a list of publications we have previously studied as part of the CBS in recent years:

• 2009: “Keep Yourselves in God’s Love”
  • 2010: “Come Be My Follower”
  • 2011: “Bearing Thorough Witness” About God’s Kingdom
  • 2012: God’s Word for Us Through Jeremiah
  • 2013: Who Are Doing Jehovah’s Will Today?
  • 2014-2015: Draw Close to Jehovah
  • 2015: Imitate Their Faith
  • 2016-2017: God’s Kingdom Rules!
  • 2018-2019: Jesus — The Way, the Truth, the Life
  • 2020-2021: Pure Worship of Jehovah — Restored At Last!
  • 2022-2023: Enjoy Life Forever! — An Interactive Bible Course

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200276966#h=12-20

Edited by Parale

3 minutes ago, Parale said:

TBH I don't think we need a new book for the Congregation Bible Study... we could just follow the instructions in our current CBS book - Enjoy Life Forever! - in Lesson 60, page 252, and use one of the following two books 🤷‍♂️:

Long-Term Goal

Read the books Draw Close to Jehovah and “Come Be My Follower.” These publications will help you to continue making progress and drawing closer to your heavenly Father and his Son.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102021260#h=47-48

For reference here is a list of publications we have previously studied as part of the CBS in recent years:

• 2009: “Keep Yourselves in God’s Love”
  • 2010: “Come Be My Follower”
  • 2011: “Bearing Thorough Witness” About God’s Kingdom
  • 2012: God’s Word for Us Through Jeremiah
  • 2013: Who Are Doing Jehovah’s Will Today?
  • 2014-2015: Draw Close to Jehovah
  • 2015: Imitate Their Faith
  • 2016-2017: God’s Kingdom Rules!
  • 2018-2019: Jesus — The Way, the Truth, the Life
  • 2020-2021: Pure Worship of Jehovah — Restored At Last!
  • 2022-2023: Enjoy Life Forever! — An Interactive Bible Course

Thanks brother for that.

Just to add ...

Revelation book we studied 3 times.

Maybe our dear brother John knows more about that.

But I would love to study this book again.

6 minutes ago, Bosko said:

Yes we did: 1989-1990; 1994-1995; and 2007-2008.

And the last time required that we did our own 'cut-and-paste' using an insert from the Kingdom Ministry.

Adjustments for the Book Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand!

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202006329

14 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Keep in mind that our Bearing Thorough Witness book has been updated a couple of times in the last year and was updated again last week where it bears a new copyright date of 2022 and a new printing date of December 2022 (which makes it our newest book).

That makes me think ...

In AM there was a video about history of our preaching work 😉

Edited by Bosko

Has anybody noticed in the Daniel drama part 2 that something has been edited?  When Daniel goes to the books (roles) and finds the place where it says "I will call to account......" and Daniel says "it has been fulfilled"  now, he does not say it.  There is complete silence in that section.

Interesting.

37 minutes ago, cme said:

Has anybody noticed in the Daniel drama part 2 that something has been edited?  When Daniel goes to the books (roles) and finds the place where it says "I will call to account......" and Daniel says "it has been fulfilled"  now, he does not say it.  There is complete silence in that section.

Yes it has, well spotted!! Both versions are currently on the JW website.....

2021 Powerful by Faith! Convention: Sunday Afternoon Session—Part 1

Daniel's soliloquy (24:50 to 27:00)

Have I really been in Babylon over 70 years? Jeremiah’s prophecy! “When 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error.” Belshazzar’s death — it’s been fulfilled!
What does this mean for God’s people? “When 70 years at Babylon are fulfilled, I will turn my attention to you, and I will make good my promise by bringing you back to this place.” Judah! I must approach Jehovah to confess the sin of my people.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/2021Convention/pub-co-r21_11_VIDEO

Daniel: A Lifetime of Faith—Part II

Daniel's soliloquy (11:05 to 13:10)

Have I really been in Babylon over 70 years? Jeremiah’s prophecy! “When 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error.” [extended silence]
What does this mean for God’s people? “When 70 years at Babylon are fulfilled, I will turn my attention to you, and I will make good my promise by bringing you back to this place.” Judah! I must approach Jehovah to confess the sin of my people.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/daniel-lifetime-of-faith/part-2/

1 hour ago, Bosko said:

Thanks brother for that.

Just to add ...

I would love to study Revelation again also.  We had publications featuring this subject since the Finished Mystery in 1917.  Many of us studied Babylon the Great Has Fallen several times (whole or in part.  The book Then is Finished the Mystery of God helped us with the earlier chapters of Revelation and gave us a complete verse by verse when coupled with the Babylon the Great book.

Our more recent Revelation Climax publication has undergone a couple of revision as was already mentioned. (gluing updated pages in the printed publication was extreme).  There are some changes needed to make it work for us today.  Even the latest edition is back in 2006 and is listed in our Library as one of the "older publications".  Since the organization has not updated it any time recently, I assume that it is not on the schedule to be used in the Congregation Bible Study next June.

Two of our publications have been updated (dated 2022) and one of them could be the choice.

36 minutes ago, Parale said:

Yes it has, well spotted!! Both versions are currently on the JW website.....

2021 Powerful by Faith! Convention: Sunday Afternoon Session—Part 1

Daniel's soliloquy (24:50 to 27:00)

Have I really been in Babylon over 70 years? Jeremiah’s prophecy! “When 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error.” Belshazzar’s death — it’s been fulfilled!

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/2021Convention/pub-co-r21_11_VIDEO

Daniel: A Lifetime of Faith—Part II

Daniel's soliloquy (11:05 to 13:10)

Have I really been in Babylon over 70 years? Jeremiah’s prophecy! “When 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error.” [extended silence]

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/daniel-lifetime-of-faith/part-2/

no change in the French version.