JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

January 2023 Monthly Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 471 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

For reference Gerrit Lösch's talk "Supported by the ‘Pillar... of the Truth'" appears to be based around the article from the Watchtower 1 July 1995, pages 5 to 8: "Why Search for Truth?"

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1995482

May be Bro Lösch researched and wrote the original 1995 WT article??..... datewise he was appointed as a helper to the Service Committee in 1992, and was appointed to serve on the Governing Body in 1994

Edited by Parale

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

8 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Bro Cook also didn't give a talk in the live program but i guess they could edit it into part 2 next month.

Fascinating. How do we know a talk by Bro Cook will be included in the "Annual Meeting", when he didn't actually give a talk at the Annual Meeting, as attended and watched live?

We know the Bro Losch's 17:30 minute talk was added into the "Annual Meeting", as we've already seen it, while those who attended and watched it live say it wasn't in the Annual Meeting... but we haven't seen a talk by Bro Cook yet??...

Edited by Parale

30 minutes ago, Parale said:

Fascinating. How do we know a talk by Bro Cook will be included in the "Annual Meeting", when he didn't actually give a talk at the Annual Meeting, as attended and watched live?

We know the Bro Losch's 17:30 minute talk was added into the "Annual Meeting", as we've already seen it, while those who attended and watched it live say it wasn't in the Annual Meeting... but we haven't seen a talk by Bro Cook yet??...

Im just saying what could happen. So if we see a talk by Bro Cook in part 2 I'm just getting in early to tell people NOW it was not part of the live program.

Part 1 of the annual meeting was amazing! The Caleb and Sophia video was great. I was really impressed by the enhanced graphics. Is it me or the dad looked slimmer and is no longer the muscle bound brother we used to see? That wooden table in the school and the water in the well when Mary was drawing water looked so real. 
The interviews from the brothers and sisters was touching. But most of all, I really enjoyed brother Jackson’s talk. I didn’t realize so much happened in 66 C.E.

Spoiler

The truth is like 😆

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

12 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

But most of all, I really enjoyed brother Jackson’s talk. I didn’t realize so much happened in 66 C.E.

FWIW I found the following article useful... probably best to read the printed version with map and pictures etc though

Faith in Bible Prophecy Preserves Life

Watchtower 1 April 2007, pages 8 to 11

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007242

1 hour ago, *Jack* said:

. . . The Caleb and Sophia video was great. I was really impressed by the enhanced graphics. Is it me or the dad looked slimmer and is no longer the muscle bound brother we used to see? That wooden table in the school and the water in the well when Mary was drawing water looked so real. . .

Question: Why are there two different versions of each resolution of this video? One is slightly larger (number of MBs) than the other. What's the difference?

841326773_WhoShouldBeMyFriend.thumb.png.44a68af9290f57728cbcffcc4b9eb4c1.png

6 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Question: Why are there two different versions of each resolution of this video? One is slightly larger (number of MBs) than the other. What's the difference?

My gut feeling: One has subtitles, the other doesn’t.

The files with subtitles has the filename s-Sub.

Edited by Hinata

Just now, Sheep said:

Both versions have subtitles.

You’re right, I just had to check.

When inspecting through MediaInfo, one file has edit date of October 27, while the other has December 12. This means one file is significantly older than the others:

Information for the older file:

Audio

ID                          : 2
Format                      : AAC LC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID                    : mp4a-40-2
Duration                    : 13 min 14 s
Bit rate mode               : Variable
Bit rate                    : 125 kb/s
Maximum bit rate            : 134 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel layout              : L R
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                  : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Stream size                 : 11.9 MiB (10%)
Default                     : Yes
Alternate group             : 1
Tagged date                 : UTC 2022-10-27 20:05:16

Information for the newer file:

Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : AAC LC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID                    : mp4a-40-2
Duration                    : 13 min 14 s
Bit rate mode               : Variable
Bit rate                    : 125 kb/s
Maximum bit rate            : 134 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel layout              : L R
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                  : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Stream size                 : 11.9 MiB (10%)
Default                     : Yes
Alternate group             : 1
Tagged date                 : UTC 2022-12-12 19:45:35

59 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Any ideas on why both are posted?

Looks like it could be a filename issue? I believe the lesson number in the filename is usually a three digit format

pk_E_047_r720P.mp4

pk_E_47_r720P.mp4

And the website is automatically picking up both sets.

It appears to be an issue only with the English version.

1 hour ago, Parale said:

Looks like it could be a filename issue? I believe the lesson number in the filename is usually a three digit format

pk_E_047_r720P.mp4

pk_E_47_r720P.mp4

And the website is automatically picking up both sets.

It appears to be an issue only with the English version.

But they are two separate, individual videos. For 720p, one is 120,593,371 bytes; the other 120,531,036 bytes. Why not just rename one of them?

Maybe they are numbered for different end uses.  We have several videos with different numbers but the same video.  Like those reused in the Enjoy Life series. Why they chose to list both numbers at the same time, I don't know.