JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mysterious number of excess deaths in UK?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 447 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

During the pandemic all the stress was on covid, as if there were no other diseases. Patients who had a cancer or a heart condition or many other diseases, who normally would have been treated, could not be treated because hospitals were already overcrowded with covid patients. I think those deaths can be easily explained by those factors.

Temporary morgues are being opened across UK to deal with surge in deaths

Bodies are being stored in makeshift morgues to deal with a backlog of deaths over the winter months as the NHS struggles to cope and hospitals reach full capacity. Temporary mortuary sites are being opened up across the UK in a bid to deal with increased demand following a deadly festive period.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/temporary-morgues-being-opened-across-25962140

This was an interesting describing the issues there - and this is likely true in many other countries.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/uk-excess-deaths-below-pandemic-peak-arent-linked-covid-19-vaccines/

People became focused on COVID and did not maintain their own preventative care during the first biggest waves of COVID. This in turn had a likely effect on ones later succumbing to the effects of not being vigilant. This is a good lesson for all of us - your health is yours to keep up. Do the best you can and don't lose focus of the day-to-day maintenance (eat well and exercise appropriately)- even if there is some other major threat going on.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...

There's something similar happening here in in Australia.

A lot of people have suggested that it's either long COVID or effects of delayed medical treatments.

Fatal heart attacks have surged in Australia. Here’s why

The pandemic has caused a surge of fatal cardiac arrests in Australia, as delayed care and COVID’s damaging effect on the heart drives a major uptick in serious heart issues.

More than 10,200 Australians died of ischemic heart disease in the first eight months of 2022 – that is about 17 per cent higher than would be expected in a normal year.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/fatal-heart-attacks-have-surged-in-australia-here-s-why-20230117-p5cd22.html

One funeral director here in the UK said in confidence to a sister that they're having excess amount of young people dying not long after covid booster shots, although doctors are still putting causes of death down as "heart faliure" for legal reasons. Doctors will apparently risk losing their jobs if they kept diagnosing vaccine induced deaths. (although it's a mild thread but probably hardly enforceable)

That's what I've heard, I don't know, maybe we'll only know the real reasons in the new system.

14 minutes ago, Jay D said:

One funeral director here in the UK said in confidence to a sister that they're having excess amount of young people dying not long after covid booster shots, although doctors are still putting causes of death down as "heart faliure" for legal reasons.

In the UK, as in other places, most of the population was vaccinated last year. So anyone who dies, dies shortly after they had their covid shot. People who are against vaccines will of course blame the shot.

Same reasoning: Most people who died last year died a few hours after having breakfast. So clearly those deaths were caused by breakfast.

As I mentioned elsewhere, in 2019 I suffered from periocarditis. Doctors don't know what causes periocarditis. I took some pills for a few months and it healed. That was before the pandemic. If I had that periocarditis now antivax people would blame the vaccine. According to them it's like there were no diseases and nobody died before the vaccine.

2 hours ago, Jay D said:

doctors are still putting causes of death down as "heart faliure" for legal reasons.

Heat failure is a catch all term used when they don't know what else to put down.  All deaths are heart failure.  People die because their heart stops, or fails. 

On 1/25/2023 at 6:25 PM, Shawnster said:

Heat failure is a catch all term used when they don't know what else to put down.  All deaths are heart failure.  People die because their heart stops, or fails. 

Indeed, that's why it's peculiar.

Nothing peculiar at all. Excess deaths are more likely because of excess waiting and dying at home or in the back of an ambulance that can’t drop them in the hospital. 
Last I heard it was around 500 excess a week. Nothing to do with vaccines. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 6:51 PM, Bro_BT said:

A lot of people have suggested that it's either long COVID or effects of delayed medical treatments.

Indeed, I'm watching a YT video that does a deep dive into the excess deaths.  Haven't finished it yet (it's long), but so far this appears to be the case.