JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lisa Marie Presley dead at 54

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 477 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64255117

Sad news that Elvis Presley’s daughter died at only 54 (so young) after a suspected cardiac arrest. 

Jehovah willing, if they get resurrected, she’ll at least be reunited with her dad who died when she was only 9 years old and her son who also died.

Obviously I know she was just another ‘famous’ person, and we don’t know her personally, and probably many witnesses and others died today too, but it doesn’t make it less sad for her family. Hard times for them indeed. 

Edited by Luisabola

6 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64255117

Sad news that Elvis Presley’s daughter died at only 54 (so young) after a suspected cardiac arrest. 

Jehovah willing, if they get resurrected, she’ll at least be reunited with her dad who died when she was only 9 years old and her son who also died.

Obviously I know she was just another ‘famous’ person, and we don’t know her personally, and probably many witnesses and others died today too, but it doesn’t make it less sad for her family. Hard times for them indeed. 

If I’m right, Elvis was reading the Watchtower and Awake before he died. We cannot judge and wait for the resurrection.

7 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

If I’m right, Elvis was reading the Watchtower and Awake before he died. We cannot judge and wait for the resurrection.

I did not know that. Thank you for sharing that tidbit. Interesting that she was married to Michael Jackson I believe at some point too and he has links with the Witnesses. We must of course leave it to Jehovah to decide who will be deserving of a resurrection. 

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

I think I 'heard' something similar years ago.  When he died, while in the bathroom, He was reading “The Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus” by Frank O. Adams.

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

1 hour ago, Ms. Piffle said:

I think I 'heard' something similar years ago.  When he died, while in the bathroom, He was reading “The Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus” by Frank O. Adams.

He was reading all kinds of religious literatures before he died. He had spirituality  in him. Wait until he rise from the dead and we tell him hardly nobody had any spirituality in the very end of the last days.

I understand the point from the scriptures that some even in the land of righteousness will not be willing to learn about Jehovah.

But I think majority of resurrected one will be shocked and amazed, when reunited with loved one who have died.

Imagine Lisa, seeing her father Elvis... (provided that they will be resurrected, it's up to Jehovah) 

Yes I think the age of ignorance will be over, resurrection will prove to many that God Jehovah is real beyond any doubt.

What  a wonderful future we can look forward to. 

Families re-united in perfect surroundings, only our Father can accomplish that. 

Palm Trees Summer GIF by haydiroket

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

The above article said her ex-husband had arrived and found her and performed CPR. But those minutes after trauma are crucial. It doesn't say how long she was unconscious for, so if he had found her sometime later, it would have been too late.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Being born into fame is more of a curse than a blessing.

And for child actors, they rarely go on to enjoy a happy life.

A few have managed to "leave Hollywood" and just live a normal life.  No drugs. No drama.

Yes agreed. It seems she used all up of the $100m she was left after her dad died. It’s more a curse than a blessing to have that fame and amount of money. Better to be born into a lowly family with spiritual values. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11629799/Drug-abuse-rehab-Lisa-Marie-admitted-abusing-cocaine-five-stints-rehab.html

People with a history of drug abuse in the past are more at risk later in life.  Sometimes there is no telling what type of damage has been done in the past. 

3 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Another, “Died Suddenly “.

Yes, my dad died suddenly in 2015, then my  sister in 2020 just before lockdown. No known causes at the time. At least the family knew it was a cardiac event. I can’t tell you how much we wished they’d died of a simple heart attack, just to know the reason why. Turns out they most likely (my sister def did, we don’t know about dad) had a genetic mutation that causes the collagen in their connective tissues to weaken, so they are prone to die from sudden rupture internally. Life expectancy is 49 I believe. Anyways, I digress. What I’m saying is that dying suddenly unfortunately has been around for a long time, and won’t end until Jehovah stops death.