Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WT Study edition May 2023


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 481 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Screenshot_20230221-120919.thumb.png.a198e2667a732977a3df62187c61accc.png

 

Keep Traveling on “the Way of Holiness”

 

18 For those with a heavenly hope, “the Way of Holiness” leads to “the paradise of God” in heaven. (Rev. 2:7) For those with an earthly hope, that highway leads to perfection at the end of the 1,000 years. If you are traveling on that highway today, do not look back. And do not leave it until you have completed your journey to the new world! We warmly wish you “safe travels.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watchtower May 2023 / STUDY ARTICLE 22 / Keep Traveling on “the Way of Holiness”

 

Based on David Splane's talk “The Way of Holiness” from the 2021 Annual Meeting, part of the JW Broadcast for January 2022.

 

It appears that Bro Splane's original 3,240-word talk has been been reduced by 43% down to a 1,850-word article.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bluebell said:

the WT Study edition May 2023 is already ... on jw library ...but not online on jw.org yet....

 

They might upload the JWLibrary files before they upload the PDFs and eBooks and the app recognizes it's availability on the server. 

 

Also, it could be sitting on the server, but you never would know it until someone manually adds a clickable link to it on the index page.

 


CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Parale said:

Watchtower May 2023 / STUDY ARTICLE 22 / Keep Traveling on “the Way of Holiness”

 

Based on David Splane's talk “The Way of Holiness” from the 2021 Annual Meeting, part of the JW Broadcast for January 2022.

 

It appears that Bro Splane's original 3,240-word talk has been been reduced by 43% down to a 1,850-word article.

They took out the comment about the resurrection of Br. Russell in time (like 1918) to see the opening of the Way of Holiness in 1919.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, jwhess said:

They took out the comment about the resurrection of Br. Russell in time (like 1918) to see the opening of the Way of Holiness in 1919.

 

Thanks, interesting pick up.... I also noted also that Bro Russell was not mentioned in Bro Splane's explanation of 'this generation' in the landmark JW Broadcast for September 2015 too:

 

David H. Splane - JW Broadcasting September 2015 (from 8:30)

Now one of those who saw the sign and understood what it meant was brother Frederick Franz. Brother Franz was born in 1893 and he was baptized in November of 1913, so as one of the Lord's anointed in 1914, he saw the sign and he was able to understand it's meaning. There were other anointed ones who also saw the sign and understood its meaning - Joseph Rutherford; A. H. Macmillan; W. E. Van Amburgh.

After 1914, others were anointed with holy spirit. These include such well-known brothers as Nathan Knorr; Lyman Swingle; Grant Suiter; Milton Henschel; and George Gangas. They were anointed contemporaries of some in the first group so really these brothers make a part of the second group of the generation. That is significant, and we'll come back to it in a moment.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb_201509_1_VIDEO

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Parale said:

 

Thanks, interesting pick up.... I also noted also that Bro Russell was not mentioned in Bro Splane's explanation of 'this generation' in the landmark JW Broadcast for September 2015 too:

 

David H. Splane - JW Broadcasting September 2015 (from 8:30)

Now one of those who saw the sign and understood what it meant was brother Frederick Franz. Brother Franz was born in 1893 and he was baptized in November of 1913, so as one of the Lord's anointed in 1914, he saw the sign and he was able to understand it's meaning. There were other anointed ones who also saw the sign and understood its meaning - Joseph Rutherford; A. H. Macmillan; W. E. Van Amburgh.

After 1914, others were anointed with holy spirit. These include such well-known brothers as Nathan Knorr; Lyman Swingle; Grant Suiter; Milton Henschel; and George Gangas. They were anointed contemporaries of some in the first group so really these brothers make a part of the second group of the generation. That is significant, and we'll come back to it in a moment.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb_201509_1_VIDEO

 

What is the significance of this?  I am not understanding. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Parale said:

I also noted also that Bro Russell was not mentioned in Bro Splane's explanation of 'this generation'

 

10 hours ago, BLEmom said:

What is the significance of this?  I am not understanding.

 

There is no significance to this. 

 

It's understandable that Russell wasn't mentioned. He died in 1916, so clearly his life did not overlap with any of those who would be alive to see the end.

 


CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2023 at 11:00 PM, jwhess said:

They took out the comment about the resurrection of Br. Russell in time (like 1918) to see the opening of the Way of Holiness in 1919

 

*** w07 1/1 p. 28 par. 12 “The First Resurrection”—Now Under Way! ***
Jesus Christ was anointed as the future King of God’s Kingdom in the fall of 29 C.E. Three and a half years later, in the spring of 33 C.E., he was resurrected as a mighty spirit person. Could it, then, be reasoned that since Jesus was enthroned in the fall of 1914, the resurrection of his faithful anointed followers began three and a half years later, in the spring of 1918? That is an interesting possibility. Although this cannot be directly confirmed in the Bible, it is not out of harmony with other scriptures that indicate that the first resurrection got under way soon after Christ’s presence began.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I would not be so adamant about this. He was annointed and alive in 1914, so clearly he was part of "this generation", 1st group to be precise

 

Oh I am not "so adamant" about anything, my brother. I'm just pointing out that when Brother Splane was explaining "this generation", which consists of two groups of contemporaries whose lives overlapped each other's, that trying to bring up Russell would have been a poor choice and only added to the confusion. He died in 1916. There is nobody alive today who worked for a time by his side.

 


CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Brother_Bliss said:

 

Oh I am not "so adamant" about anything, my brother. I'm just pointing out that when Brother Splane was explaining "this generation", which consists of two groups of contemporaries whose lives overlapped each other's, that trying to bring up Russell would have been a poor choice and only added to the confusion. He died in 1916. There is nobody alive today who worked for a time by his side.

Sorry :pray: ! I confused what you said. I agree, he is no example for any situation :)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jayrtom said:

 He was anointed and alive in 1914, so clearly he was part of "this generation", 1st group to be precise

 

You are correct.  There's another topic about "The overlap of this generation".  We can see the graphics published by the slave.  This generation Jesus was talking about had its start in October 1914 (baptized and anointed).  As the graphic shows, as time went on, anointed ones emerged who would actually still be alive when Armageddon happens. These are known as the second group. But that doesn't mean that the original ones who didn't overlap with the second group weren't "this generation".  They were.

 

My rough estimate of the graphic shows us a ratio of 20/60/20.  The original ones , about 20% , didn't overlap with the second group.  As the second group emerged, there's about 60% of overlap between the first and second group.  Then, as the first group dies off, there remains about 20% of only the remaining second group.

 

Br. Russell was in the first group of "this generation", but his life didn't overlap with anyone from the second group.  No doubt there were many others who could be described the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)