JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you ever see stars where you live?

I don't really live where there are "famous people" walking the streets like those who live in Hollywood so, I can't say I've really seen that many stars.

1 hour ago, Hotteok said:

I’d like to see some stars and galaxies with my own eyes.

Oh - those stars!

Yes, I live in the country. Our sky is not flooded with so much light that is blocks out the nighttime sky. I can see the stars at night. Since I have lived here for 62 years, it just seems natural for me to see them.

I remember many years ago a brother was visiting from a large city. We came home from a meeting and, when we got out of the car, he looked at the nighttime sky and was amazed at how clear the sky was and how many stars there were.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I always have seen stars from home regardless where I had lived, in in more built up areas, but more so in the country like now. Not only stars, but also satellites, the International Space Station, meteor showers, planets and also the moon.

As for the other stars that Qapla was thinking of, I have meet a couple of those over the years, but usually James Packer (Australian billionaire) fly overhead in his helicopter when he goes from his rural property to Sydney.

Lots of visible stars here, and also the Aurora Borealis is not an uncommon sight. (Northern Wisconsin). Where I live, there is very little light pollution, so the stars are quite vivid on a clear night.

There is a brother in a neighboring congregation who takes night pictures of the stars and the Aurora. Stunning stuff.

It reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures, Ecclesiastes 3:11 “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish“. 

We see what I would call the basic starry sky. I’ve seen the starry sky in Death Valley and Yosemite and that’s a hole other level of stars. 
We see planets, the satellite stuff like that. But it’s really hard to ever see a shooting star or comet. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

On 2/22/2023 at 5:49 AM, Qapla said:

I don't really live where there are "famous people" walking the streets like those who live in Hollywood so, I can't say I've really seen that many stars.

My first thought too...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

Okay, then

do you see galaxies too? 😀

Just in case that if you're going to ask if I see Star Trek Enterprise passing through at night, the answer is no. LOL 🤣

Haven't seen Borg as well... :lol1:

Star Trek Space GIF by Star Trek Fleet Command

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 2 weeks later...

We have quite a lot of light pollution here, but it is possible to get some good sky shots.

This is part of a time lapse I took a few weeks ago with my iPhone. It is almost pointing straight up but it was photobombed by a fox sitting on the conservatory roof.

I thought it was a bat at first!

edit: doesn’t seem to play

Edited by ChrisC

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13