JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - March 2023

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 402 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Funny. I don't see a topic yet for this month's JW Broadcasting. So this should serve to remedy that. Anyway, it should be showing up this coming Monday!

What's it going to be about? Who will be hosting? What will the new music video feature? Where will the "postcard" come from?

I think it will include something from the Bible. That's my fearless guess!

Oh yeah. The monthly music video. That's coming too. When the broadcast is online I'll likely be doing my usual thing: isolating the audio from it and making an mp3 file out of it for you. I don't know what the song will be, but I do know that there are six new songs for which the album art and lyrics are already posted! (I can't read music, so I don't know what they sound like.) We'll find out soon.

6 hours ago, Sheep said:

Oh yeah. The monthly music video. That's coming too. When the broadcast is online I'll likely be doing my usual thing: isolating the audio from it and making an mp3 file out of it for you. I don't know what the song will be, but I do know that there are six new songs for which the album art and lyrics are already posted! (I can't read music, so I don't know what they sound like.) We'll find out soon.

Trial available: https://scan-score.com/en/

6 USD: https://sheetmusicscanner.com

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

On 3/4/2023 at 7:18 PM, Sheep said:

Now, we've found out. We know what the song is, and it's been converted to mp3 format. It's in an archive for you in my song collection, along with the original album art and the lyrics. (My thanks to @Luigi62 for putting the lyrics into a PDF file for me.) It's yours for the downloading! (Interestingly, this song has been sitting on the servers since December of 2021!!!)

If you don't have the link yet to my song collection, send me a PM.

1 minute ago, Parale said:

It is in JWLIBRARY too. I love how it shows up at the same time.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Harold Corkern, Helper to the Publishing Committee: Have you ever set a goal for yourself that was harder to reach than you first thought? How did that make you feel? In this dramatization, note the adjustments a sister makes to work toward her goal....

TRANSCRIPT:

Spoiler

[Two sisters are talking to each other while walking between houses in the field ministry]

Sister: That was terrible. I could’ve answered that better.

Pamela: No, you did great, really.

Sister [to herself]: I’ve always been hard on myself.

[Sister answering up at the Kingdom Hall, sitting by herself]

Sister: ... strengthen our faith. Then if we, um, um — No, that’s all.

Sister [to herself]: Sometimes it made me so anxious that even the normal stuff I did felt impossible.

Sister is asleep in bed, woken up by morning alarm, she turns the alarm off, turns over and goes back to sleep, later she gets a text message]

Pamela - 10:42am - Missed you at group. You OK?

[Sister is at home talking to two elders]

Elder 1: So, what do you think brings this on?

Sister: I don’t know, maybe — Maybe lately it’s because I’m thinking about SKE. If I can reach that goal, it’ll be fine.

Elder 1: I see. How about we read a scripture that might help?

Sister: OK.

Sister [to herself]: They didn’t discourage me from SKE. But they suggested that I try to manage the anxiety first. I was on it!

[Sister focuses on her personal study about being an evangeliser, including listening to audio from JW website while going out for a jog]

Sister [to herself]: If I focused on my goal and took care of myself, I’d get there.

[Night-time, Sister is in bed, restless, looks at the clock, it says Thursday 3:11am]

Sister [to herself]: Maybe it was a little too much focus.

At the Kingdom Hall before the evening meeting, the Sister comes out of the auxiliary room having been speaking to two elders]

Sister: Thank you, brothers.

[After meeting, outside the Kingdom Hall, Sister is talking with Pamela]

Pamela: So?

Sister 1: They’re right. SKE would be a lot for me right now.

Pamela: Mm. I’m sorry, but you’ll get there.

Sister: I tried everything to fix this. What’s wrong with me?

Pamela: Nothing. Some things just take time.

Sister: Yeah.

Pamela: Hey, I have Lilly’s study tomorrow morning. I could use your help.

Sister: OK.

[Both Sisters are at Lilly's Bible Study]

Lilly: I want to get baptized, but I don’t know. You all do so much. I don’t think I could ever really be...

Sister: I think I understand. Can I show you something? Micah 6:8 — would you read that?

Lilly: “He has told you, O man, what is good. And what is Jehovah requiring of you? Only to exercise justice, to cherish loyalty, and to walk in modesty with your God!”

Sister: That last part, “walk in modesty,” that’s about knowing our limitations. So is Jehovah happy with what you can do, or does he want what you can’t do?

Lilly: He only expects what I can do. Then why should we expect more?

Sister [to herself]: It turns out I gave Lilly the same advice the brothers gave me. It was my turn to apply it. I had to be honest with myself. My limitation was my own high expectation. I’d been doing it so long that there was no quick fix. It didn’t mean giving up on my goals, though.

[Both Sisters look on as Lilly gets baptised at an Assembly]

Sister [to herself]: I just tried to focus more on what I could do in the present, like having more empathy for people who feel like I do and showing them how much Jehovah values them.

[At Kingdom Hall, Sister is sitting next to Pamela, and another sister. She answers up]

Sister: We could tell a Bible student how we, um, how we overcame a challenge. That might...

Sister [to herself]: The truth is, I can actually do a lot for Jehovah with reasonable expectations.

The first dramatisation appears to have an interesting timeline 🤔

In one of the first scenes the Sister is at the Watcthower Study at the Kingdom Hall, she answers up using the Watchtower February 2022, from Study Number 7, which places the timeframe as the weekend of 16/17 April 2022

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2022281#h=7

image.thumb.png.cdc2b6ec7994a8b9ac259d8d437c3003.png

Edited by Parale

9 minutes ago, Parale said:

The first dramatisation appears to have an interesting timeline 🤔

In one of the first scenes the Sister is at the Watcthower Study at the Kingdom Hall, she answers up using the Watchtower February 2022, from Study Number 7, which places the timeframe as the weekend of 16/17 April 2022

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2022281#h=7

image.thumb.png.cdc2b6ec7994a8b9ac259d8d437c3003.png

Which then takes us to one of the middle scenes where the Sister wakes up in the middle of the night, restless and unable to sleep when she looks at the time on her mobile phone.

The mobile phone says it is 3:11 on Thursday 13 January. The last, most recent year when this happened was 2022. Therefore ithe timeframe this scene is set is Thursday 13 January 2022

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/monthly.html?year=2022&month=1&country=1

image.png.d7f311387c04c1a2f54c447d835d333b.png

Edited by Parale